Gaming Do you think Sun & Moon will have any exclusive features on the New 3DS?

ItsMetaKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no, ill explain you why, pokemon is a game for "kids" so usually kids play on 2ds, nintendo dont want to put extra feature in a 3ds the potencial buyers dont have
You can't buy a 2DS in Japan, the only time it was available there was during the limited Virtual Console releases which are all sold out.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
<rant>I like how this argument ignores the prices for consoles. You are probably not going to buy your child a 3ds which has hinges (can break easier if they say drop it or something) and a feature that they cannot even use when there is a cheaper console which removes the hinge, and has no 3d features. The 3ds was the launch product, the 2ds met the issues that parents had with their children's consoles. </rant>

Reactions: Deleted User

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
<snip> still wants to pretend consoles are only for specific age groups while ignoring a feature that has been in the original 3DS since launch

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/257/~/what-can-i-block-with-parental-controls?

Display of 3D Images - Make all images display in 2D only. The restriction of the display of 3D images is recommended for users 6 years or younger.
I've heard that the 2DS is also a better form factor than the 3DS for little children. Since I don't have a 2DS, I can't say much more than that.

It's also more affordable, and since little children are prone to break things, it's less of a loss if parents buy a cheaper console to have a kid break it.
Also there is no such thing as "nintendo ceo of america". More misinformation being spewed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggie_Fils-Aimé
He's the COO of Nintendo of America. That's probably what he meant.

Last edited by raulpica,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Unless that friend is a Nintendo employee I wouldnt put credibility into whatever they say

and that article mentions nothing about being specific towards kids, let alone being from a credible source.
Since when does a source need to be "credible" to express an opinion?

D

Deleted User

I've heard that the 2DS is also a better form factor than the 3DS for little children. Since I don't have a 2DS, I can't say much more than that.
My little sister thinks the way the DS and 3DS feel weird in her hands, and prefers the 2DS.
I also like the way the 2DS feels in my hands more than the 3DS or DS.

Reactions: evandixon

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since when does a source need to be "credible" to express an opinion?
It does if the argument is about a system being specific towards kids.

You can make it your opinion that the 2DS is excellent for making a bird's nest out of, but that was never stated from any reputable sources which is the point that is over your head.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sure god damn hope so.
Why sell us a product that won't have any benefits over the original?

I'd be fucking happy if we got 3D everywhere. I like having the 3D on. I hate how only battles and a few areas had 3D enabled. The New 3DS should be powerful enough to allow 3D throughout the whole game.

Reactions: Deleted User

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does if the argument is about a system being specific towards kids.

You can make it your opinion that the 2DS is excellent for making a bird's nest out of, but that was never stated from any reputable sources which is the point that is over your head.
It's a console designed for young kids, why wouldn't it be designed to be better for their hands too? Nintendo has made some bad decisions, but they aren't going to make a console design bad for who they are marketing to.

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there'd be anything N3DS exclusive because simply put, the N3DS isn't too drastically different from the O3DS. It has better speed and better 3D. That's pretty much it.

The GBC supported Color, instead of just grayscale, and the DSi was basically a completely revamped DS.

But the N3DS can handle more processing, as like I explained, a game like Hyrule Warriors Legends has stereoscopic 3D on the N3DS, but does not have the ability to offer 3D on the old 3DS. As such, my theory is that maybe Sun and Moon on a N3DS will have 3D everywhere and not just in battles, while on an old 3DS, it will stay true to the gen 6 model of only battles and select spots being able to offer 3D.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Do you remember this song?