Do you think Nintendo should release more remakes on the Switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by leafeon34, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Yep. As long as new games get released, I see absolutely no issue with remakes and ports. Still waiting on my Hyrule Warriors Switch

DarthDub likes this.
  2. Marioyoshi64

Marioyoshi64 GBATemp's Favorite Random Phantom/Assassin/Senpai

Jun 17, 2017
    United States
    Everywhere
    Supra Meria Sunshiny HD
    (dem vioce acting doh)

3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I want a new Pokémon game with real time fighting where you control the Pokémon, and you get to explore a proper 3D world and find actual Pokémon wandering around the world, not random encounters. And you get items and quests and there's a proper, detailed story and environmental puzzles.

I can keep wishing but it will never happen

Not interested in new remakes/ports, except maybe Skyward Sword.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I didn't know Superstar Saga lacked 3D support.
    Still, the original didn't have 3D either, and no one is forcing you to play Bowser's Minions, so I don't see how it matters.

5. Noctosphere

Noctosphere Moon furries | Official follower of Skiddon't-ism

GBAtemp Patron
    Noctosphere is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Between three female furries
    i doubt it, its a way too new game.
    plus it already got port for 3ds

6. Dan-the-Rebirth

Dan-the-Rebirth GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2014
    Australia
    Mario Maker!! Remake or sequel doesn't mathet

7. igivenup

igivenup Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2012
    United States
    I'd love more remakes/ports. The Switch is the only option to play many of these games portably and that has value IMO.

8. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    They should either stop melking this old stuff OR which would be awesome make it "all in one" like with the Super Mario Allstars just put "all" the old games into one and possibly refresh the grafic a little and it would be awesome.

Just Imagine playing the old Mario games than going to the N64 one with good grafics and after that playing Sunshine and the Galaxy titles oO that might be able to hold every player for a LONG time !
    I would even pay "more" than the normal price for this, but again another remake with hardly any work done on it would suck big

9. isoboy

isoboy GBAtemp Fan

Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    This, and I have no doubt it's coming but they don't need to release it yet. Maybe we'll be able to edit levels by pointing the joycon towards the TV.

10. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2015
    not really, the switch needs new games, not old ports.

its bad enough that nintendo's hardware lacked the ability for third parties to support it with its current games, that now theyve caught up theyre porting these old titles to the switch.

think there is enough old ports on the or coming to the switch considering that nintendo are even doing it.

if it during its first year is going to be 90% old ports then its not going to do it any favours, in fact could be the last nail in the coffin.

i would say what the switch needs is the current new third party titles theyre releasing now so you have the option to play the game as its new.

not wait 3-6 years later when they finaly port it, when you have already played it, when you already own it, or can buy it cheaper on the other systems.

Last edited by Retroboy, Dec 1, 2017
  11. isoboy

isoboy GBAtemp Fan

Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    That's also very true and while I don't regret one second buying Isaac afterbirth, it'll be the last time I pay for an overpriced switch port. Example - worms. I want it but that price is laughable considering I already have SEVEN worms games on steam.

12. DreIceAge

DreIceAge Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2017
    United States
    They should remake their entire game library for Switch. Would love to play Twin Snakes and Bayonetta 2 on the go

13. Noctosphere

Noctosphere Moon furries | Official follower of Skiddon't-ism

GBAtemp Patron
    Noctosphere is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Between three female furries
    that would be complicated, as Switch has no backward compatibility with wii u, like wii u had with wii and gamecube
    That means theyll have to port all those game, which takes a lot of time

14. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    I read an article somewhere that said Monolith Soft is interested in porting Xenoblade Chronicles X to the Switch. I just hope they fix the small text in the game.

15. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    C'mon....

Wii~Switch Sports Club Island Resort HD Rumble Fighter 2 Alpha Turbo Ex Dash Plus Deluxe.

Srsly wii sports etc would be great man!

BOWLING WITH JOYCON ACCURACY; I can only get SO errect.

16. DreIceAge

DreIceAge Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2017
    United States
    They are now the richest company in Japan. They can do it. They won't...but they could.

17. Trash_McPhail

Trash_McPhail Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Wii U has an amazing catalogue of games alot of people will have missed, due to poor hardware sales, I hope a handful of games get ported:

Pikmin 3, Mario 3D World, Xenoblade Chronicles, Yoshi's WW & the two Bayonetta games spring to mind.

18. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Wouldn't mind seeing the other two Xenoblade Chronicles games on there! I never played much Xenoblade Chronicles X, I think having it on Switch would give it new life for me and maybe lead me to actually complete it. It'd be a pretty decent way to pad out their yearly lineup. I like what they did this year, peppering first party games almost every month. I wouldn't be mad if some of the quality Wii U titles made their way to Switch eventually. More games to play!

DarthDub likes this.