Do you think Nintendo should release more remakes on the Switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by leafeon34, Nov 19, 2017.

1. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    well they still need to HD skyward sword :P

2. SubLoverD

SubLoverD Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2017
    so far im a little unhappy with the switchs lineup on VC its mostly emulated software that can be emulated on other consoles easy enough and yes screams out for someone to hack and make it play roms in the hopefully near future

however it does not speak well for their current lineup the latest mario and zelda games are terrific the enhanced ports however such as mariokart 8 pokken tournament and streetfighter could easily have come out on the wii U a console that did not do well with 3rd party it does not shock me that a lot of people have homebrewed their wii and wii U consoles just to get more out of them that being said the Wii homebrew is the easiest and best way iv seen of playing emulators asides from PC

As far as i know there are only 3 consoles currently that aren't working via wii which is ps1 sega saturn and quite a few N64 games are not supported such as Goldeneye these are the only things missing to make it a brilliant emulation hub

oji likes this.
  3. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    Nintendo might as well remake the biggest hits from the Wii U game collection, there's a lot of really good games there that most people have never even seen.

Super Smash Bros Deluxe is a given
    Captain Toad Deluxe - with all new levels
    Even Windwaker and Twilight Princess HD could be ported, but later on as we already have BOTW for now
    Super Mario Maker Deluxe would be so much fun, especially with local sharing/multiplayer

The Switch and Wii U are fairly close in power so it would be a moot point to completely rewrite games like SSB and mario kart from scratch, time could be better spent optimizing a port and adding new content, which was done really well in MK8D

Last edited by Futurdreamz, Nov 21, 2017
  4. MeowMeowMeow

MeowMeowMeow Senpai

Apr 1, 2016
    Netherlands
    Putin's Palace
    I will visit your grave and start chasing you to get my heartpiece

Quantumcat and Reecey like this.
  5. oji

oji GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2012
    Russia
    In Soviet Russia you're the Location
    I like truly remade titles of old hits like the latest Metroid game but for those Deluxe / Definite / HD & also VC i say no. They was great in a past but I'm not going to buy them again, i would prefer to try something new, as there's too little time in my life for spending it on replays. Also, for older Nintendo games i've o3ds & wiiu which both are ultimate machines for a legacy gaming. If i would feel itchy for playing retro on Switch, I'll wait for homebrew emulators like RetroArch. The only interesting category for me is rivals' exclusives porting, some series would be great to (re)visit Nintendo, like Final Fantasy 7-15, Yakuza, Persona etc. Nintendo, please, give me more new titles & IPs, like XC2, Spla2n, ARMS, Super Mario Odyssey etc.

6. Futurdreamz

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    A Link Between Worlds HD would be awesome.

DarthDub and B4rtj4h like this.
  7. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    God help us! not more Zelda HD Remakes "on the go" :cry: I forgot about Skyward..

Last edited by Reecey, Nov 22, 2017
  8. Edgy_Edge

Edgy_Edge Suspended

Suspended
    Apr 2, 2017
    Bahamas, The
    You know there's a fan-made remake of Zelda BOTW in the style of Zelda 1?
    I hope you know, that before BOTW, they've made a remake of Zelda 1 and then build 3D model on this game.
    About other Zelda's - just forget about them...

9. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I think remakes should be done later in the console's life.
    if all you do is remake, then there's no reason to buy the switch. just keep your old consoles...

Please, give me new games and new IP to enjoy !

edit:
    I'm not against it, but later please.
    new console need new games.

Last edited by Cyan, Nov 22, 2017
    oji likes this.
  10. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Jet Force Gemini..

Custom Robo Arena....

Doom 64...

Conkers Bad Fur Day (NOT Live and Reloaded)

Super Mario 64 HD...

Stuff I'll never see :(

11. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    I didnt know that... Thanks for telling me. The fan made remake is good but I am talking about official Nintendo development make only in 3DS style or BOTW style.. Not 8 bit version so I can collect the physical version release! :) Again, I dont mind BOTW in 8 bit style from Nintendo instead of fan-made. Anyway.. Also if they decide to remake Zelda 2 style of Zelda 1 then I am going for it. I hate Zelda 2 NES version and I finished it over 20 years ago.

Last edited by azoreseuropa, Nov 22, 2017
  12. Futurdreamz

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    i would love a sequel to ALTTP/ALBW that uses the top down perspective...

Quantumcat likes this.
  13. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    That's up to you. If you think about it this way; if you had the option to make a new game or a port, and its going to take as much time to make a port of a game or make a new one either way, would you still do it?
    Now if it were an easy task and almost hands free, sure why not. But why do it if it were a difficult task

Here's an example I can give:
    Take the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time for the 3ds, the game was released in 2011 (N64 was released around 19XX) That's something worth porting to a system, similarly with the recent Crash Bandicoot release for the PS4 (released somewhere in the 90's the latest DOOM Game found on PS4, PC (and now) Nintendo Switch.

Mario Kart 8 was a great port, never played the game, never owned a Wii U. After about maybe like, 30 or so hours? I got bored of it, it was a great game but why re-release something already released from 2012 or so, and besides MK9 would have been good enough to have on the Nintendo Switch; Virtual console could have waited.

Alternatively there's the other argument; the player should have variety in what they want to play (by that I mean porting every game possible, whether its on PC, PS4, WIIU, WII, GC, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3??) And yeah that's also true but I if I already played a game maybe 2-3 years ago, and maybe lets say If Infamous2 came to the Nintendo Switch and Gran Turismo (for whatever reason.) Sure I would be hyped and think that's great, but would I go out and buy said game for 59.99 when I can play it on my PS3 for 9 bucks?
    And that's great, I think every game should be on every console or PC possible exclusivity is something that is sometimes really stupid and not everyone can afford all four operating systems to game (Playstation, Nintendo system, Computer, Xbox). I'd be pretty frustrated if what I just bought only had a fraction of games that Steam has or Playstation. But the other question; if it wasn't as easy to just simply say "were porting this game here" would you do it? That's the real question you need to ask. Because I would be overwhelmed if someone told me they wanted (for whatever reason) my Python.py game on Cobalt.

Last edited by petethepug, Nov 22, 2017
  14. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    no. i want more original titles like xenoblade. No remakes please. Unless the game is 20 years old

oji likes this.
  15. Risingdawn

Risingdawn Tempallica

May 22, 2010
    United Kingdom
    I'd like a remaster of Starfox Zero that's actually playable, Xenoblade X and Game Cube virtual console.

16. Polopop123

Polopop123 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2017
    Ireland
    Superman 64 gold digital deluxe pre order Best Buy exclusive collectors legendary edition.
    Please Nintendo

KiiWii likes this.
  17. Exaltys

Exaltys GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2009
    United States
    New games only please

oji likes this.
  18. Noctosphere

Noctosphere Moon furries | Official follower of Skiddon't-ism

GBAtemp Patron
    Noctosphere is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Between three female furries
    Idk if its been mentionned
    But there was a video i saw, i dont remember where, with botw map/item/ennemies but set with zelda I graphics style.
    Even if that was just some kind of alpha game, it would be nice to release it

19. blujay

blujay GBATemp's Official Warthog

GBAtemp Patron
    blujay is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    As others have stated previously, I don't mind it as long as I know there are more games in the works, something to hold me off until a new game releases. I didn't mind buying MK8D because I knew Odyssey was on the way, and wanted something to do.

Now, every game as a port? No thanks. But that isn't the case.

If I'm going to be honest, I skipped over the first page once I saw Retroboy. He hates literally everything about the Switch, and expects it to be as powerful as the XBONE X or the PS4 Pro and he is obviously uncultured if he thinks AAA third party makes good consoles. (CoD, Battlefield, etc)

Anyways, yeah, I know Metroid Prime 4 and and Kirby and Yoshi are Xeno and so many others are on the way, and I can't wait!

Risingdawn likes this.
  20. Futurdreamz

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    He's still around? I still have him on my ignore list but given the sudden bursts of defensiveness I shoulda guessed.

DarthDub, Quantumcat and Risingdawn like this.