do you think nintedo will make this system hack proof like xbox one

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by hacksn5s4, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2016
    Netherlands
    South-Holland
    what's hackproof? since when is something hackproof? xbox one hack proof? i don't beleve it... just it could be ms is giving good deals for info on exploitable points in thier software, and dmca anyone before there's an actial release... i'm pretty sure any system is exploitable...

2. JacksonS

JacksonS GBAtemp Fan

Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    Georgia
    Wires and custom IOSs.

ItsKipz likes this.
  3. ItsKipz

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    The C: drive
    Plus, im 100% sure that nothing is "hackproof" as there will probably be some kind of hard-mod for the console. The wii mini and the NES classic, both machines with no internet or USB/SD card support can be modded.

4. Evilengine

Evilengine GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Last edited by Evilengine, Jan 4, 2017
  5. MuratTemp

MuratTemp GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2016
    Gambia, The
    The XBoxOne can be hacked,but nobody is interested in it,everyone is forcing themselves to the Nintendo scene and sony scene

6. Ace212

Ace212 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2016
    United States
    A Wiikey fusion works on the Wii Mini (I think) so yeah, there is your hack XD

7. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    I think a better question is, do you truly believe the Xbone is hack proof? I don't.

8. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Rural Queensland
    Please show me this nes classic hack as I would like to take advantage of it.

9. PewnyPL

PewnyPL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    nmkd and laudern like this.
  10. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Rural Queensland
  11. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Is there really no such thing? What if the best security hackers come together to create the most secure hardware ever? Like, taking every kind of security flaw known to mankind into account. It's not like there exists an infinite amount of security flaws.

12. Garblant

Garblant GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 1, 2016
    United States
    Alola
    You would think that getting the best security hackers together to make an extremely secure hardware would make it secure, but for every action an equal and opposite reaction occurs. This can be applied to many things, hacking included.

'Don and nmkd like this.
  13. WiiUBricker

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    But what if those opposite reactions are taken into account?

14. Garblant

Garblant GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 1, 2016
    United States
    Alola
    In a perfect world, then it would be the perfect hardware (in terms of security).

15. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    Nothing is exactly hack proof. It's down to time and resources and if users actually want to do it in the first place.

nmkd likes this.
  16. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    The problem with that is that the system is also designed to run other code, specifically games. They could make the perfect system security, but the more games you get, the more potentially exploitable code.

17. WiiUBricker

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    That makes sense but what if you run code in a sandbox, disabling access to crucial parts of the system?

18. PewnyPL

PewnyPL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    That's pretty much what 3DS is already doing. The problem is that if anything manages to get out of the sandbox (in case of 3DS - gspwn) then privilege escallation may happen.

19. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Obviously I don't know how the Switch works, but it's doubtful that they're devoting so many resources to KEEPING code sandboxed that it cripples game performance, and if the leaks are true, it's only sporting an ARM processor.

I imagine what you're suggesting is possible, but it's not probable. Perfection just isn't something you see if you look long enough. Everything is expected to be hackable. SHA-3 cryptography has already been developed (it started back in 2007 IIRC), even though there is no evidence that SHA-2 has weaknesses. It's just assumed that eventually it will be cracked, so there is a backup ready in place.

What I'm expecting is the same ban system that Microsoft did with the 360. If you're online too long with a hacked system, you get banned. If they start doing a subscription service for online gaming, that will definitely discourage it. I'd also be shocked if they don't extend the bounty system they set up for the 3DS to include the Switch.

Last edited by JoostinOnline, Jan 7, 2017
  20. Noctosphere

Noctosphere Moon furries | Official follower of Skiddon't-ism

Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Between three furries women
    hackproof what a great joke :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

nmkd likes this.