Gaming Do you think ARMS will fare well until there's a Smash for the Switch?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 3,407
  • Replies 51
  • Likes 1

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
With the switch having a limited library and the added boost in hype from the testpunch arms will do fine in sales. Dunno how smash would affect arms since they're two completely different games, plus we also don't know if they will just port smash from Wii u or make a new one from the ground up.
Seeing as What they've done With Zelda, Mario, Pokemon and Lego City, I'd bet my money on it being a port

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Despite that ARMS is a 3D fighting game and Smash a 2D, the point of it is that they're both fighting, addictive (not to everyone, of course) games to play so in theory ARMS should do perfectly fine until Nintendo releases a Smash for the Switch.

There's also going to be Xenoverse 2 with some DLC (they should just bundle all of it in -- w/ Season Pass if necessary, since it's a new release) included which I'm sorta looking forward to, depending on its price.

It's a shame that the Switch won't be getting a port of Tekken 7. Sigh. :(
Of course. I think ARMS is going to be an AWESOME game.I have already uploaded 60 dollars to my Nintendo Account, really looking forward to get it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think it'll do just OK. Looking at it objectively, it's not a great fighting game by any means, it's a bit too barebones, and seems really luck based, but I'm sure there are people who will love the simplistic gameplay of it. I had fun with it the 2 times I tried out the testpunch, but it's not a buy for me. I wasn't expecting it to be though, as I'm not much into fighting games in general. It was decent fun, I just can't see myself putting more than a few hours into it before getting bored and never touching it again.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Na, there to different.

Lmao people. The game isn't even out yet. Give it a bit before you start ranting about it and judging it like this.

I never said this is bad game, in fact I think it's going to do very well on the Switch but speaking from experience as seasoned fighting game player (since Street Fighter 2 was in the Arcades, yes those quarter box machines in 1992) ARMS has many things missing that other mainstream fighting games offer one of which is more important than anything else and that is precise controls that feel natural.

Last edited by Nemix77,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I never said this is bad game, in fact I think it's going to do very well on the Switch but speaking from experience as seasoned fighting game player (since Street Fighter 2 was in the Arcades, yes those quarter box machines in 1992) ARMS has many things missing that other mainstream fighting games offer one of which is more important than anything else and that is precise controls that feel natural.
I've noticed that Nintendo has been promoting ARMS on Twitter via reviewers' opinions which ultimately come down to "ARMS is like no other fighting game, it features a unique experience like nowhere else!" or something.

Clearly forgetting that fighting games behind-the-shoulder already existed before.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think Arms is pretty cool, but I'm not going top buy it. I have Splatoon on my Wii U, and after finishing the single player campaign I just let it sit. I'll get Splatoon 2 for the spc, but I don't see the point of buying another competitive game only to never get around to learning how to paly it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Welp Pokken Tournament DX just stole a small share of potential ARMS buyers...
I wouldn't say so. Nintendo are adding multiple games genre by genre. Mario Kart 8 didn't keep me from buying Fast RMX, they're different games just as Pokken and ARMS are.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've noticed that Nintendo has been promoting ARMS on Twitter via reviewers' opinions which ultimately come down to "ARMS is like no other fighting game, it features a unique experience like nowhere else!" or something.

Clearly forgetting that fighting games behind-the-shoulder already existed before.
With the Joy Cons at least it's more like Virtual On than anything else, and that was an arcade mech combat game, not long-distance (curve-controlled) boxing. So the point that ARMS is fairly unique is valid IMO.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
With the Joy Cons at least it's more like Virtual On than anything else, and that was an arcade mech combat game, not long-distance (curve-controlled) boxing. So the point that ARMS is fairly unique is valid IMO.
Then I suppose Kinect and Wiimotes were unique back then, admittedly they were but nothing impressive. Just like the Joy-Cons.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Then I suppose Kinect and Wiimotes were unique back then, admittedly they were but nothing impressive. Just like the Joy-Cons.
That has nothing to do with the game itself, but yes, wiimotes were unique for their time. Also the reason all Nintendo's competitors tried to implement their own motion controls, and the reason we have much improved (1:1) motion controls with VR.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hi @AncientBoi +1