Hardware Do you leave your 3ds/n3ds xl in sleep mode or turn it off?

Do you turn off your 3ds when not in use?

• Total voters

Johnal Khow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys I just want to know if you guys keep your 3ds'es in sleep mode when your not using it or if you turn it off :) Also does turning it off decrease battery life?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i turn if off because i am kinda paranoid..
first of all, i don't like a device working for no reason at all (all thoose zero and ones are precious and i would go crazy if one day i turned it on and it was empty of zero and ones)
second i don't like blinking (or still) lights at night
sometimes in the middle of a game i leave it suspended to quick come back or to remind me that i was playing a game but otherwise i keep it shutted down..
third, battery cicles.. by shutting it down = less charging all the time = good for battery and components health
fourth, suspicious about what it can do while connected to wifi.. scared that nintendo releases an update that updates the console without i knowing, removing all the hax and not legally owned games
fourth and half: 3ds is a good toy for NSA and nintendo spying :(

Reactions: duyluan

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe im paranoid but I feel like leaving the system in sleep mode puts wear on the battery and SD.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i turn if off because i am kinda paranoid..
first of all, i don't like a device working for no reason at all (all thoose zero and ones are precious and i would go crazy if one day i turned it on and it was empty of zero and ones)
second i don't like blinking (or still) lights at night
sometimes in the middle of a game i leave it suspended to quick come back or to remind me that i was playing a game but otherwise i keep it shutted down..
third, battery cicles.. by shutting it down = less charging all the time = good for battery and components health
fourth, suspicious about what it can do while connected to wifi.. scared that nintendo releases an update that updates the console without i knowing, removing all the hax and not legally owned games
fourth and half: 3ds is a good toy for NSA and nintendo spying :(
I love your banner I just got shot back to 2008

Reactions: migles

GoddessKozy

i'll fight sal9000
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i always keep it in sleep mode even though i have a9lh and it's not like i need to boot-up an emunand each time

it's a bad habit i've had since i was a kid though

D

Deleted User

The only time i shut my down is when i am out and not doing anything with it. Besides the it is alwasy in sleep mode.

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I leave mine in sleep mode all the time. I never turn it off. Even right now, its plugged into the charger, sleeping away.

SushiKing

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Turn it off now that i have A9LH, Ask me that with Gateway and i'd leave it in sleep mode, and that seemed to annoy me all the time!

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I always turns it off once i stop playing and do not plan to play again right after.
Exception for all games and features that require the 3DS to be powered ON, like bravely defaut/second features or street pass

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
Sleep mode the majority of the time, for StreetPass/counting footsteps (which even works on a bike, 1000 - 2000 steps per day apparently). Exceptions being when I don't plan to use it for several days or I have the SuperCard DSTWO inserted - that thing will chomp through batteries on the 3DS even worse than on the DS. Eight hours on sleep even at Home Menu if the DSTWO is inserted will kill it.

Overall the 3DS isn't as easy on it's battery as the PS Vita is, where I can leave the Vita on sleep after a full charge for a week and turn it on, everything where it was and only a little bit of battery drain. Usually I don't have a lot of time at work so I like to have it ready to go for Mario Kart 7 online when I have breaks (connects fairly consistantly when tethered to my smartphone).

Last edited by zekepliskin,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only used sleep mode a lot when I had menuhax. Now I shut it off, unless I leave my 3ds in the middle of a game.

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I keep it in sleep mode only if i'm not finished playing yet, and i know i will play again later.
Other than that, i always turn it off. Not only saves battery, but also keep it safe from unwanted things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu