Gaming Do you hate cheating in pokemon

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to agree with Rust on this. Its like we get this same topic about pokemon every 2 months as if ppl cant play this game b/c of how ppl choose to play it.
Nothing is preventing us from playing you either play on moral grounds or speedup the process by genning the end results will be the same on both sides of the coin

Reactions: RustInPeace

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO if someone gens a pokemon that is otherwise still obtainable by normal means, it doesn't matter to me if they use it online and offline. It doesn't give a major advantage while in battle because the pokemon said person would have would be perfectly obtainable without cheating, therefore the fact that they cheated for it wouldn't even be particularly noticeable. However, if they somehow get past the cheat filter and get an unobtainable pokemon in a trade/battle, that is something I'd be slightly against

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you just play offline and singleplayer i don't mind one bit. i've done some cheating for some special playthroughs for example. but if you go online and do battles or trade em away (without being asked to by the other party) then you're an asshole.

D

Deleted User

I have the same stand on it as I do on piracy.

I have access to it. I use it occasionally. However, when I don't earn things, I don't use them. I noticed that with my 3ds, I pirated the shit out of that thing. I stopped playing it. I cheated the shit out of Pokemon Sun. I stopped playing it.

Most-Wanted

3D OLED TV'S /o/
Trophies
XP
Country
I only give myself shinys, and some times in pixelmon "amazing go play it" however the rate is too rare in the games and makes you to obsessive, however in pixelmon you can see them roaming around or set the shiny/normal ratio to whatever you want, also i made a pokemon texture pack thats makes the shinys wayyy better, it removes the ugly shinys and makes them gold or silver or black or blue, it depends , as for perfect IV/EV pokemon.. , though i don't like online play anyway .. I used to breed pokemon for everyone and got to a 3 perfect 3 IV's ditto's .. someone made a perect 5 iv.. and i said to myself this is getting to obessive i can't do this all year.. plus if i could of got to admin could of just gave myself one. "gym leaders need perfect iv pokemon and hence need breeders"

Chansey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I personally consider genning legitimate pokemons cheating, but I do it myself as well. That specifically doesn't bother me, there are means to acquire the Pokemon you just made with or without cheats, it's just the time and effort you put into it that's different.

Blatant cheating however (i.e. illegal pokemon moveset, x999 items) and using it in WiFi/Battle Spot battles annoy me.

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, I hate cheat, but the ironic situation are : I cheat to, I Generates somes pokemons 6iv good nature (no shiny for not be obvious) ect and pop pvp items cuz im a little bastard don't want to loose his time on breed or not funny battle

I know its really ugly to make this but well I just can't stop for the addict part to be a little powerfull for one time in free battle ( I don't play in ranked or competitive battle )

Oh yeah but I really hate people make giveaway in youtube or other website, this people send hacked pokemons for a lot of peoples and this peoples play with hacked pokemons, I think its the period when I have see the most shiny pokemon in my life (online)

and actually, admins of giveways win some real money with this practice

Last edited by Kanakops, , Reason: add somes words

DudFunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hacking in Pokemon is one of the best things about it, I think I have played through Sacred Gold (Heartgold Romhack) at least 5 times doing nuzzlocke,egglocke normal play etc but playing through with a bunch of broken ass Pokes was hilariously entertaining but yea don't be that dick that makes hacked mons that beat the online check to play competitive.

P.S. Why care if someone is using a Team of Shiny legendaries that are shiny locked?Shiny's don't instantly add +10% effectiveness I think it's way more entertaining to come across those teams online, more so then the cookie cutter "meta" teams!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.