Do you get scared of games?

Rehehelly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty obvious.

About a year after half life came out, I tried playing it, yet failed epically as I just got scared. Bear in mind I was about 8/9 then. I thought it'd be a good game as my mum was constantly playing it, I realise it's an awesome game now, but, back then.. just the sight of a headcrab jumping at me scared me :|

I couldn't play Resident evil for that same purpose.

Movies didn't really scare me much, as you can predict them. Games however, I can't predict. I don't know when somethings going to jump out of the wall and spit acid at me
frown.gif

Do you get scared of games?

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Well, in RE4 just before me at the table my very first regenerator... I just continued playing and I really thought I end playing it after so much play time.

But, I've completed it for 100% on the Wii, soo...
biggrin.gif

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mostly its the sorta "jumpin outta the dark at your face" shit that gets me. I, too couldn't play halflife back when it came out though I was much older than 8/9 due to my first encounter with a barnacle freaked the fuck outta me. I thought it was a rope, man!
frown.gif

Can't stand those black headcrabs in HL2 either. Triggers my arachnophobia and I just can't deal with that shit.

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol last time i was scared of a video game was when i was 6 watching my bro playing Resident Evil on the PS1/PSX the scene that got me was the one when that guy was getting eaten and he turns around and looks at you. that freaked me out other than that nothing really gets me

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Certain games creep me out big time and I have trouble getting past specific parts of the game because of it. For example, the sections of RE4 where you fight the Regenerators. God damn those things creep me out...

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
i tried to play resident evil when i was home alone and it scared the shit outta me.

so, yeah.

im still a little bit scared if i play it with my big brother but i dont show it :-]

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't touched a survival horror game for over 16 years...but I wanna try it. I'm planning to buy PS3 and wait for RE5. RE5 will be my survival horror debut.

Watching YouTube videos of those games are not that scary. Still scary but not compared to when to play it.

Dementium kinda freaks me out...

EDIT: I played Condemned 2: Bloodshot on my friend's PS3 and it has some scary parts. When we played it, their PS3 had sound problems so we can only hear sound a little. But now they had it fixed, I'll get scared even more when I come over their house this Friday.

But I remember the enemy doing poo in the toilet
rofl.gif

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes, Echo The Dolphin on megadrive, and the select demo screens with the really creepy music from the 90's early ps1 demo discs

oh and the mansion in Tomb Raider.
ph34r.gif

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The games mentioned here are not scary in the slightest, compared to the Penumbra PC series. Nothing in Half-Life, RE4, or FEAR scared me at all, but Penumbra is a different kind of monster...

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fischju said:
The games mentioned here are not scary in the slightest, compared to the Penumbra PC series. Nothing in Half-Life, RE4, or FEAR scared me at all, but Penumbra is a different kind of monster...

echo the dolphin man!

echo the dophin and POCAHUNTAS

S

ScuberSteve

I remember when I first played RE 1...
Damn dogs jumping through the windows scarred me for life
frown.gif

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
there was a PC game back in the 90's you got free with packets of frosties where you played as tony the tiger and the one of the cocopops dudes

that was scary

edit: it was quite a good game though!

Sable

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shenjiade.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Yes yes! Definitely. The first time is actually Resident Evil DS and then the Dementium. I dont play games when I'm a kid beside Gameboy games. And Gameboy games dont freak me out.

I can stand horror movies and horror games. I will use whatever or whoever is beside me to cover my eyes and ears.

Im not a wuss.

Rehehelly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
moozxy said:
Haha your mum plays video games? That's awesome!
I remember being scared of even watching a friend play Resident Evil..

She played team fortress for 3 days straight, stopping ot cook us dinner & go to the toilet when I was a kid, she then moaned at me for playing a mmo for 12 hours straight and I just used it back at her. She got me into video games, letting me play mario with her when I was 3, although, the controller wasn't plugged in ¬.¬

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup