Do you believe Russia hacked the US election?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Costello, Jan 2, 2017.

?

Do you believe Russia hacked the US election?

1. Yes, without the shadow of a doubt

2. If the FBI and CIA and other agencies say it, we should take their word for it

3. There's a slight chance it could be true, but no actual evidence has been made public yet

4. It's all bullshit, the FBI and CIA are blatantly lying as ordered by the democrat government

5. I don't know what to believe anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    Only men have to register for the draft. Are you trying to suppress women's suffrage?

2. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    oh, i thought they passed that thing that made women have to register same as men. or was that just talking about them being abke to join or something? it's silly they aren't registered.

3. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Further this is shown within the Blue Wall theory.

(Playing a bit of Devil's Advocate) Because the system really is not a presidential election so much as a weighted collection of 51 different independent elections somewhat like the World Series is.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  4. Vulpes Abnocto

Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

Former Staff
    Jun 24, 2008
    United States
  5. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Russia hacked Hillary's brain to make her not listen to her husband and to not campaign in Wisconsin, and for some reason to campaign in Texas instead.

6. RevPokemon

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
  7. YetoJesse

YetoJesse GBAtemp Regular

May 30, 2009
    Netherlands
    Hoooome
    I think everyone should just laugh it off as if a 9 year old is trying to get clever. just see it as a joke and ignore it... it's starting to look like a game.

8. SomeKindOfUsername

SomeKindOfUsername Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2014
    United States
    This doesn't quite work when you learn that it's not just the Democrats who are accusing Russia of meaningfully interfering with the election.

We're all so well politically trained that if the opposite party says a pile of dog poo smells and tastes like dog poo we say "no, it's like it's ice cream!" and grab a spoonful. We're currently following that dog, spoon ready, just so we can contradict the other.

Last edited by SomeKindOfUsername, Jan 9, 2017
  9. RevPokemon

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    S/O to Sen. McCain and Sen. Graham

10. Vulpes Abnocto

Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

Former Staff
    Jun 24, 2008
    United States
    Not all of us. There are quite a few that refused to blindly follow along behind the pied pipers that mass media shoved down our throats.

In my opinion they're both awful.

11. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Nothing quite like politics to cause divides among friends, eh? Because I see that too much and it's the reason I rarely or willingly discuss them, no matter how civil I try to be.

Subtle Demise and Logan Pockrus like this.
  12. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    Unless the leaks were fake, I don't think it matters because the leaks informed voters rather than deceive. The ultimate decision came down to american citizens.

13. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Yup, yup. Regardless of who hacked what if anything (who even knows at this point), the actual voting machines or voting systems were untouched. We learned a bit more about internal corruption in the DNC. I'm sure the RNC has similar corruption, but once that kind of info is out, you can't just dismiss it on grounds that "you were hacked." If we find the alleged hackers, great, but the info's out, no denying.

14. chrisrlink

chrisrlink your friendly neighborhood serial killer

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    Elm street
    a friend (well now my fiancee) whom i known for 11 years is muslim (also a convert) in order to marry a muslim woman you need to be muslim (has to do with preventing women from abandoning the religion as for the "need to alert the government" you do not that's where trumps muslim registry will fail Terrorist will lie and still carry out attacks (I hate how ppl are using islam as a false flag so to speak for terrorism where it actually promotes peace I mean hell christans have blood on their hands as well (the crusades is a BIG example but this is off track

15. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
  16. RevPokemon

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    From Slate: "I know that Islam is also not necessarily tolerant towards homosexuality. … I also didn't understand much about Islam other than that it's a religion that hundreds of millions of people in the world follow."

And so he resolved to learn more. He turned first to Wikipedia, then forums and Tumblr pages.

No comment...

17. Touko White

Touko White miqrojamie

Jan 12, 2016
    United Kingdom
    England
    I think it's bullshit from the media to try to ignite loads of stupid drama.

Voxel likes this.
  18. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Okay...I believe a bump is in place at this time. Reason: Donald Trump fires head of the FBI James Comey. As such, Comey's one of the leading authorities on the investigation of this whole "what influence did Russia had on the election?" thing.

As news reporters over here pointed out, it was just last week that Comey asked for increased forces on this case. And this has been passed to the president.

Even more ironic (if not to say absurd) is the reason: he's fired because of his public statement on the investigation on Clinton's mail server. At that time, this was incredibly good news for Donald (this was just after that "grab 'em by the pussy" reveal, so it's far from unlikely that Comey helped Trump to the presidency) and he even publicly praised the man for it.

I'm not much of a conspiracy believer, but that reason for firing Comey is just utter bullshit. And that timing is just too convenient (Christ...it's not like Trump didn't know these facts).

End result: I want to change my vote from "if the FBI and CIA and other agencies say it, we should take their word for it" to "Yes, without the shadow of a doubt". Face it, America: you've got a second Watergate scandal on your hands. Sorry for the fans, but your president's a crook and belongs in jail.

Last edited by Taleweaver, May 12, 2017 - Reason: small bit of extra clarity
    DeoNaught and TeamScriptKiddies like this.
  19. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    The timing is questionable, but to be fair he closed a clearly not completed case on hillary (despite an almost unanimous opinion to not to) to open one on trump. that would get anyone mad.

20. UltraDolphinRevolution

UltraDolphinRevolution GBAtemp Regular

Jul 30, 2016
    Gambia, The
    The whole Russia interference is so mysterious. What exactly are people accusing the Russian government of? What does meddling in the US election mean? Putin did not even tell the Americans to vote for Trump. But Obama constantly told other nations who to vote for. Is that interference?

Cylent1 likes this.