Hacking Do we even need team salt's exploit at this point?

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So, the only thing I've seen to say that it isn't fully hacked is 1) You can't load a CFW off the SD card on a cold boot, and 2) You can't pirate your games easier with FAT32 support

For 1, you already can coldboot with CBHC, it's just not on the SD card, or using a rednand, but none of that is needed, so why is that better?
For 2, dimok is working on adding FAT32 support, but saying it isn't fully hacked because "muh piracy" is a weak argument.

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the only thing I've seen to say that it isn't fully hacked is 1) You can't load a CFW off the SD card on a cold boot, and 2) You can't pirate your games easier with FAT32 support

For 1, you already can coldboot with CBHC, it's just not on the SD card, or using a rednand, but none of that is needed, so why is that better?
For 2, dimok is working on adding FAT32 support, but saying it isn't fully hacked because "muh piracy" is a weak argument.
More important is a boot1/0 exploit so we can have something like bootmii on wii, with true brick protection...

Reactions: pelago and satan89

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Actually with CBHC you can cold boot any CFW including rednand

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More important is a boot1/0 exploit so we can have something like bootmii on wii, with true brick protection...

This is really the only other thing that would get me excited in the Wii U hacking scene. This is something that is very much needed. I went ahead and installed CBCH, which works perfectly, but I was very nervous about doing it.

Reactions: yahoo

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
We would be happy if we get:
-Retroarch to support Wii U pro controller;
-Better PSX/N64 emulator;
-A decent Wii U Media player with external HDD support;

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
We would be happy if we get:
-Retroarch to support Wii U pro controller;
-Better PSX/N64 emulator;
-A decent Wii U Media player with external HDD support;
Are there still people that haven't discovered the beauty of a NAS and streaming media? Every time I see this, I am astounded by how many people don't stream any of their media throughout their house. I just say this, because once I start working on a media player for the Wii U, it's doubtful it will even be aimed towards people who plug in a HDD or SD card with media on it, rather it will play media by streaming it from another source.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded