• Probably No

Results are only viewable after voting.

cheuble

squid
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why would they use a 10 years old outdated technology where they can have new remotes with new features? As they said, the Switch is a NEW console, that is totally different. You know why the Wii U failed? Because it was too similar to the Wii.

D

Deleted User

Nope, the switch will be a closed garden like the PS and Xbox. Nothing old in and nothing new out.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so should i sell my wii remotes
If you can still get a good price for them (you probably can't), and you don't plan on using them with your wii/wiiu again - then go for it, sell them.

D

Deleted User

Why would they use a 10 years old outdated technology where they can have new remotes with new features? As they said, the Switch is a NEW console, that is totally different. You know why the Wii U failed? Because it was too similar to the Wii.
It being "outdated" isn't the problem. And theirs no problem not making it compatible. By that logic the GameCube should have never been compatible with the Wii and Wii U. Nintendo just wants to make more money.

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It being "outdated" isn't the problem. And theirs no problem not making it compatible. By that logic the GameCube should have never been compatible with the Wii and Wii U. Nintendo just wants to make more money.
You're half right. It's not just that Nintendo wants to make more money, it's also a branding effort--they're making a clean break from the Wii brand, and having compatibility with Wii remotes would work against that.

also, the Wii Remotes are in fact outdated compared to the Joycons (see HD rumble, improved motion controls, non garbage batteries)

Reactions: cheuble

cyb0rg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The JoyCons seem to use a very different method of motion control.
They don't use the old sensor bar method.
And as far as I know, there is no place to even plug a sensor bar into the dock.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The JoyCons seem to use a very different method of motion control.
They don't use the old sensor bar method.
And as far as I know, there is no place to even plug a sensor bar into the dock.
wiimotes don't use the sensor bar for motion control, it just emits an ir signal for pointing purposes (you can actually replace it with two candles :P).

All that said, I do think the joycons probably have better motion control than the wii remote plus.

Last edited by x65943,

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Wiimotes, probably not. Wii U pro controllers, maybe?
Would like to think the Wii U Pro controller would be supported. It would appear that the JoyCons, and Switch Pro controller don't have analog triggers, so what the Wii U Pro controller would be missing compared to the Switch Pro by comparison is NFC tech, Share button, and gyro.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.