Hacking Do I need to use a GC controller for GC games?

sofakng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to use a Gamecube controller for Gamecube games? (eg. backups)...or can I use the Wii Classic Controller or Wii Remote?

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It would be helpful to some if you could use the Classic Controller, but for some reason you can't.
Personally, I find the Classic Controller to be surprisingly uncomfortable. But you are right, it would be nice if we could use it. Perhaps an accessory manufacturer could whip up a conversion device or something down the road to plug it into a GC slot?

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I find the Classic Controller uncomfortable as well. I bought Zelda OOT the other day and tried playing with it and couldn't stand it. I switched to a GC controller and found it a lot more comfortable.

The main problem I have with it is the position of the d-pad and left analog stick. The stick is in an awkward place to be using it as your main directional device on N64 and GC games.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I find the Classic Controller uncomfortable as well. I bought Zelda OOT the other day and tried playing with it and couldn't stand it. I switched to a GC controller and found it a lot more comfortable.
In my case, I was trying to play Super Mario 64. No. Just no. Gamecube controller rocks out right for that game. : D

I still haven't tried it with anything older yet as I only bought that and Bomberman '93. Probably won't be buying much more than that. Besides Gunstar Heroes later on and maybe Paper Mario when it hits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)