Play Time

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys

I'm new to all this softmodding so I've been reading loads of guides...

The problem is that my dvd drive doesn't always work (one of the reasons why i want to softmod it) and all the guides I've read say that in order to play games off the hard drive or usb, that there must be a ps3 game in the dvd drive.

Am i just reading very old guides or is this still the case?

Also can someone point me to the most up to date guide?

Thanks guys
wink.gif

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most games need discs in drive to play, but there is a workaround to that. You can use modified Eboots to launch games directly from the XMB, thus not needing any backup launcher like MultiMan and no need for disc in tray either.

Play Time

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mehrab2603 said:
Most games need discs in drive to play, but there is a workaround to that. You can use modified Eboots to launch games directly from the XMB, thus not needing any backup launcher like MultiMan and no need for disc in tray either.

Wow thanks

Now what does all that mean......lol

Is there any good step by step guides you recommend (that are up to date)?

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
if you download multiman there is a utility in the rar that can convert the eboot to xmb mode - like psn stuff.

what it means is that the games show in the main menu - i dont know if they work from the usb drive like that though - you may have to keep them on the internal drive.

Play Time

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steve-p said:
if you download multiman there is a utility in the rar that can convert the eboot to xmb mode - like psn stuff.

what it means is that the games show in the main menu - i dont know if they work from the usb drive like that though - you may have to keep them on the internal drive.

Thanks ill look in to what all this means
wink.gif

How would i go about getting the games onto the internal hard drive?

Would it be a case of putting the game iso onto a usb stick then copying it from there to the hard drive?

BTW.... I've just checked my firmware version and it says I'm on version 3.15 is that good?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryupower said:
most game need a ps3 game disc in the dive to work

Not true. Some game need a ps3 game disc in the drive to work. Not most of them. Here:

http://www.ps3jblist.com/

Its old but you got an idea.
smile.gif

I got most games are discless and I am using WD External Hard Drive.. Some of them require to be playable in Internal Hard Drive like God of War 3 (you can use basketball disc to run this game in internal hard drive to be playable
smile.gif
)

Play Time

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alex_0706 said:
dont mod you ps3
this will ban you from the ps network
and totally not because you are an rookie at this

just for imformation

I'm shocked to hear that from someone on here as from reading on other sites, it seems that gbatemp are the pros.

I never play any of my consoles online. In fact i think the last time i did was with mario kart on the wii....lol

I've modded about 5 wii’s in the past but i cant seem to find a good up to date guide on toing the ps3
frown.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
3.15 is fine (don't go past 3.55).

The best choice is to upgrade to 3.55 (with a cfw).
You have a tutorial to install Kmeaw cfw 3.55 in the sticky topics here.

Then, you can use a game manager to backup games to HDD (internal or external).
I made a guide to learn how to use multiMAN. It's not covering the latest version, but it's working the same way, you just have more feature in the last version.

I also made a tutorial to create "PSN like" games icon which appears on the XMB.
It's in the guide and tutorial forum too. (I guess you didn't look very hard, stickied topics and tutorial forum are easy to find in a second! and they are still "up to date", there's no new way to do it.)

Recently, like few days ago, Dean also released a tool to play PS3 games from burned disc (DVD or BD), no game manager or payload required (only clean cfw without payload, like kmeaw).
http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/10/released-discboot-play-ps3-games-from-dvdblu-ray/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1