Hacking DLC issues

SalvadorOliveira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
ok, so I'm playing Disgaea 2, and got the DLC characters. they're in the right folder (PSP/GAME), and I have NPLoader 0.9 installed and enabled. the game is seeing and recognizing the DLC (though my PSP is seeing it as a game) but it's giving the following error:

error said:
DL cannot be utilized. DL content will stop playing.

To play the DL content, DL content must be installed onto the Memory Stick at the tie of the game's booting.

Below is a list of the DLCs you cannot use:
DL Content 00
DL Content 01
DL Content 02
DL Content 03
DL Content 04
DL Content 05
DL Content 06

If you save now, your save data will be saved in the state in which you cannot use the DLC.

My system software is 5.50 GEN-D3. I didn't mod it myself, but my safe-mode menu has the option to make a Pandora Battery, so I think it's an old mod.

Why can't I use my DLC?

greenlanternx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
well, I only got this message if I delete the dlc files...
maybe your dlc files were deleted, or corrupted somehow....
copy again to the right folder (root_sd/psp/savedata/slus???????/)

SalvadorOliveira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
corruption's a possibility, but it also happens with ma La Pucelle Ragnarok DLC.

I tried moving it from the GAME folder to the SAVEDATA folder, like you suggested, but to no avail. my research tells me my game codes are right, though they're ULUS/ULJS instead of SLUS (Disgaea and Ragnarok, respectively). Should I be dumping them into their respective savefile folders, or something?

also, I'm hesitant to update. I have no idea how to do it, the firmware is old, and I've already done it as best I can with ISO_Tool (which let me start playing Phantom Brave), but I don't know anything past that.

D

Deleted User

DLC goes to the GAME folder not savedata
Disgaea 2 code is ULUS10461
so the patch should be
X:\PSP\GAME\ ULUS10461\*dlc files here*

On pro CFW you just need to have Nodrm enabled on the recovery menu to use the DLC. no need NPLoader.
DLC usage guide
PSP Update guide

DLC Running on PRO CFW

original.jpg

SalvadorOliveira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
ok, looked at the 1st link: I don't have a PRO recovery menu, I have GEN recovery menu. it's green on black instead of red on black.

also, my system software is 5.50 GEN-D3, as opposed to the example 6.20 PRO-B8. I'm pretty sure I have a completely different hack than what's in your description, and I'm leery about putting one hack over another hack.

D

Deleted User

There's a link on my post above that teaches you to update i can do no more for you. :sleep:

SalvadorOliveira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
you're asking me to update GEN into CFW. if I had a CFW OS on there, or Promethius, as it mentions, I'd smile, thanks you a lot, and proceed.

however, you're basically asking me to update my Mac into Windows XP, as far as I know.

I just wanna be absolutely sure I don't brick the damned thing by changing the program used to hack it.

ceifadorx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you're asking me to update GEN into CFW. if I had a CFW OS on there, or Promethius, as it mentions, I'd smile, thanks you a lot, and proceed.

however, you're basically asking me to update my Mac into Windows XP, as far as I know.

I just wanna be absolutely sure I don't brick the damned thing by changing the program used to hack it.

He is telling to update your cfw because the new cfw pro is much better then gen, And the new game doesnt support gen cfw,
Is the same if you want to play windows 7 only game with windows xp

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CFW doesn't work like that. The steps you'll take will be: 5.50 GEN -> 6.60 OFW -> 6.60 Pro.
CFW is just a set of modifications to OFW. Those modifications are overwritten or become unused leftovers when you update to later firmware. When you install a new CFW over the firmware you've updated to, it will write everything it needs and remove/overwrite any conflicts with leftovers from GEN, so there's no worries. It will be much easier when you're on a newer firmware.

Reactions: SalvadorOliveira

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c