Homebrew DK64 on Not64 (it's a longshot, but thought I'd ask)

Jim-Luc Tiberius Kirkard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so recently I got the rom and loaded it up on Not64. Adventure mode was buggy as hell, when I tried to enter Jungle Japes it locked up the Wii when I hopped on a vine. The Kong Battles worked perfectly, however, and that was really all I wanted it for, but only Donkey Kong was unlocked. My question is, does anyone have a save state for DK64 that will work on Not64 since the actual saves don't work and have all the characters? Not too worried about Krusha, I just want the Kongs. I got a .eep file from somewhere, but that didn't work.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're better off waiting for the next official release, the current version is just too buggy to run the game. A new version should be coming up soon, according to a discussion I had with the main developer.

Jim-Luc Tiberius Kirkard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're better off waiting for the next official release, the current version is just too buggy to run the game. A new version should be coming up soon, according to a discussion I had with the main developer.

I thought it ran better than the ones for original Xbox, at least. I was just hoping to bypass all the playing with a save state that was already prepared so me and friends could Kong battle. I saw where someone had uploaded one here before, but the file was missing.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it ran better than the ones for original Xbox, at least. I was just hoping to bypass all the playing with a save state that was already prepared so me and friends could Kong battle. I saw where someone had uploaded one here before, but the file was missing.

Wii64/Not64 hasn't been officially updated since 2012, the author is doing a major rewrite of the dynamic recompiler and will implement various fixes and compatibility improvements, it shouldn't be much longer now. N64 is a tricky bugger to emulate ;)

Jim-Luc Tiberius Kirkard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii64/Not64 hasn't been officially updated since 2012, the author is doing a major rewrite of the dynamic recompiler and will implement various fixes and compatibility improvements, it shouldn't be much longer now. N64 is a tricky bugger to emulate ;)
I read that a lot of the game producers had trouble with it as well. Will one of the features be support of .eep files? I have one with everything unlocked, but definitely looking forward to the update for more compatible games. I was afraid since the Wii U people had all but given up on updating the Wii homebrew. Ooooh! I hope the Indiana Jones game is one of them that will be working. I have always wanted to try that. I suppose I could have done it on the computer by now with a 360 controller, but I prefer the Gamecube one for roms. Better D-Pad for one thing. Plus I have used it way more.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read that a lot of the game producers had trouble with it as well. Will one of the features be support of .eep files? I have one with everything unlocked, but definitely looking forward to the update for more compatible games. I was afraid since the Wii U people had all but given up on updating the Wii homebrew. Ooooh! I hope the Indiana Jones game is one of them that will be working. I have always wanted to try that. I suppose I could have done it on the computer by now with a 360 controller, but I prefer the Gamecube one for roms. Better D-Pad for one thing. Plus I have used it way more.

Yeah, Wii U hacking is starting to take off, Linux will be operational soon and emulators can be ported over, with a bit of extra power, more so than Wii mode at the very least. They haven't given up, it's just having a slow start but is indeed picking up bit by bit. Indiana Jones is one the hardest games to emulate due to how Factor 5 programmed it, custom microcode and an audio codec call MusyX, so it's hard to say.

Jim-Luc Tiberius Kirkard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Wii U hacking is starting to take off, Linux will be operational soon and emulators can be ported over, with a bit of extra power, more so than Wii mode at the very least. They haven't given up, it's just having a slow start but is indeed picking up bit by bit. Indiana Jones is one the hardest games to emulate due to how Factor 5 programmed it, custom microcode and an audio codec call MusyX, so it's hard to say.
From my understanding PJ64 on PC doesn't even run IJ well. Not sure about now, the most recent thread I could find on it was in '09. I could just get it on Amazon for $15, but I don't want to pay.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's going to be a next official release? :wtf:

Uh yeah, I spoke personally to emukidid about this last week or so, he's working on them as we speak. He wouldn't give me an exact date, but he is in fact working on them. I know, I didn't believe it, so I asked him front up, he said he was. Make with that what you will but that sounds pretty damned definitive to me. Don't believe me, then by all means, ask him on the GC-forever forums, but beware, he isn't the most patient person and people begging for info is anathema to him. Unless you're a skeptic/pessimist, take the info however you take it. I take his word over anyone who says otherwise.

I would screen cap the PM we had, but people would likely call me out for spreading bullshit, call the picture "fake" or "Photoshopped" and refuse to believe it, so I won't.

Jim-Luc Tiberius Kirkard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it Wii64 or Not64 being updated? I got Not64 and from my understanding it's the same program just tweaked to work better. It doesn't matter which is updated because I'm sure it'll still be an improvement.

So does anyone know about that save state in the meantime? Even when the new one is released I still don't wanna spend all that time unlocking all the characters. I've already done it at least twice on my copy of the actual cartridge, I have other games I'd rather be playing, I just really wanted full Kong battles without the hassle.

A

angelboy777

Another question for the new version of Wii64
Will it support the channel forwader?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Uh yeah, I spoke personally to emukidid about this last week or so, he's working on them as we speak. He wouldn't give me an exact date, but he is in fact working on them. I know, I didn't believe it, so I asked him front up, he said he was. Make with that what you will but that sounds pretty damned definitive to me. Don't believe me, then by all means, ask him on the GC-forever forums, but beware, he isn't the most patient person and people begging for info is anathema to him. Unless you're a skeptic/pessimist, take the info however you take it. I take his word over anyone who says otherwise.

I would screen cap the PM we had, but people would likely call me out for spreading bullshit, call the picture "fake" or "Photoshopped" and refuse to believe it, so I won't.
about fucking time

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about fucking time

Believe me, it wasn't easy getting getting that information from him, he was pretty damned tenacious, so, desperate times call for desperate measures :creep: Eventually, he told me what was up and assured me it was being worked on, heh.

Another question for the new version of Wii64

Will it support the channel forwader?

I have no idea, but to my understanding there's no reason why one shouldn't be able to be made.

Reactions: nakata6790

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so recently I got the rom and loaded it up on Not64. Adventure mode was buggy as hell, when I tried to enter Jungle Japes it locked up the Wii when I hopped on a vine. The Kong Battles worked perfectly, however, and that was really all I wanted it for, but only Donkey Kong was unlocked. My question is, does anyone have a save state for DK64 that will work on Not64 since the actual saves don't work and have all the characters? Not too worried about Krusha, I just want the Kongs. I got a .eep file from somewhere, but that didn't work.

Take a look at this:

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii64_Compatibility_List

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Praise the Gaming Gods :bow:

As its been said the N64 is a special kind Console to get perfect but am Glad to know progress keeps Trucking along hoping to see a Update to this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.