DIY amiibo cards

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by _Tim_, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Zanrimanon

Zanrimanon Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2017
    Hi all,

I have got a galaxy s6 edge + using the tagmo version that works with Samsung devices. Running 6.0.1 as still waiting for latest up date on my network.

I bought the correct tag NTAG215.

When I scan the bin files to the tag I get this error
    Error while writing main data (stage 1)
    java.io.IOException: Transceive failed

I have followed the older answers to this issue but still nothing. Can anyone help please?

2. EssexGamer
    This message by EssexGamer has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jun 16, 2017, Reason: Advertising is not allowed -rp.
    May 24, 2017
  3. ColonelArmstrong

ColonelArmstrong Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Hi, do the NTAG215 NFCs need to be NDEF-formatted? After formatting the usable space would be 504 bytes instead of 540 bytes.

Edit: For everyone who had the same question. The seller offered those NTAG215-Tags NDEF-formatted (504 bytes usable storage) and unformatted (540bytes). I bought the NDEF-formatted version and this worked perfectly. I don't know if this was mandatory, but if anyone has to choose between those two versions, just go for the NDEF-formatted version - this is a safe pick.

Last edited by ColonelArmstrong, Jun 17, 2017
  4. MachWulf

MachWulf Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2017
    United States
    Please share Which Tagmo version worked on Samsung Galaxy-Avant? I've had my own reading / writing flawlessly; lost it after a system restore. Now, NONE of the builds online seem to work properly.. even tested several different 'unfixed-info & locked secret' files. Open to Any help, I've installed & tested every combination from the GitHub page & more. Hopeful I'm just missing something dumb.. Will gladly share my custom images, templates etc!

5. HiddenRambler

HiddenRambler GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2015

MachWulf likes this.
  6. MachWulf

MachWulf Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2017
    United States
    Many Thanks for the quick reply (And advice) I must have been using a bunk copy of 2.4.1 before - this fresh copy appears to be functioning! Though a few 'blanks' have been scanning at first as 'SSB-Mario' - but if held there for a few seconds, brings up a new screen I hadn't seen before; 'New Tag Scanned - Empty Tag'. [Pfft! Which is it?!] Did I buy junk / pre-used tags? Anyone else experience similar?

7. MachWulf

MachWulf Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2017
    United States
    Update; the blank tags did still work (can write TO, use on WiiU normally), though the whole batch initially scans as 'SSB-Mario' for some reason. Thanks again for the feedback. And the great community forum / resource- it's been a brilliant reference & guide anytime I've needed info!

8. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    They scan as Mario because they're all zeros, and amiibo ID 0 is SSB Mario.

9. lakers1222

lakers1222 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2015
    United States
    Last edited by lakers1222, Jul 13, 2017
  10. MachWulf

MachWulf Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2017
    United States
    Same query here; wonder if author was able to extract the hash / hex file from game code maybe ? [Blind-fire guess, obv!]

11. Sala

Sala Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2017
    Italy
    Hi guys, I have a "problem"
    I did already write a couple of NTAGs 215
    But I've just noticed that I only loaded the "locked secret" bin but not the "unfixed info" bin
    is this a problem?

12. KuroTheBang

KuroTheBang Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2014
    Gambia, The
  13. macia10

macia10 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2012
    Poland
  14. kofman13

kofman13 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2011
    United States
    I just ordered NTag215s and am waiting for them to come. decided to just give the app a go on the phone to see how it works, i got tagmo 2.3.4 like everyone says to get for S7 edge , and i downloaded the BOTW amiibo tag files off of _______-Bank.com , i put them on the phone, clicked load tag and chose a bokoblin nfc tag for a test and it loaded, but also says in red letters "No unfixed Key!" and "No Locked Key" do i need to worry about that or i would simply load the tag like i did and flash it to the ntag215 when i get it?

15. k7ra

k7ra GBAtemp Regular

Dec 11, 2016
    Worry friend, you forgot them.

16. AlexKitsune

AlexKitsune Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2017
    United States
    Hello, I am just getting into this. I have bin files, the key, amiitool working, a hex editor, an nfc reader, and have ordered some Ntag215s. I am doing this all on a windows machine. Could someone point me toward a good step-by-step tutorial for this, such as where to replace the UID, how to get the UID of the blank card, and how to actually push the new bins onto the tags?

17. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-tagmo-tool-for-creating-editing-amiibos.431670/

18. AlexKitsune

AlexKitsune Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2017
    United States
    This uses the Tagmo app for an android phone. I do not have an android phone. I'm trying to do this solely with my PC reader/writer.

19. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
  20. kokkie20

kokkie20 Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2008
    United States
    You can always check out amiibomb, windows app but requires a arduino and a rfid card reader.
    Currently i am working on it cause certain ntag 215 cards are not recognized by a certain card reader (mfrc522) and a other card reader does read them (pn532)

21. Casaro

Casaro Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2017
    Colombia
    Thanks