DIY amiibo cards

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by _Tim_, Dec 27, 2015.

1. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    No, the Power Saves software only works to write App Data to an existing Amiibo tag or a whole Amiibo to the Power Tag, it can't write an Amiibo to an plain NTAG215 NFC tag, at least no one's figured it out yet.

2. barak06

barak06 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2014
    France
    Sorry guys but where do u get key files in tagmo ? cause i got "no unfixed key!" and "no locked key!"
    thx

3. Starduck2005

Starduck2005 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2017
    United States
    I would love to know either how to make the software to do this or to share in your expertise. Please PM if possible.

4. heil86

heil86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    @Supercool330 I've read through all 39 pages, saw you were working on a ChameleonMini Rev.E I have a Rev.G, interested to see if you made any headway.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing, but it appears I was able to write the .bin as a MF_Ultralight and it appears to scan, but all data is not readable. I'm guessing that this is because of not using the keys? I'd PM you, but you seem to have a profile block, with good reason, I'm sure.

Hoping you could help a brother out, as I'm only trying to accomplish this for a buddy and had joined the kickstarter as I thought it'd be fun to mess around with, just never found the time.

5. Dvdxploitr

Dvdxploitr GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    United States
    i'm sorry if this has already been answered but I just started on this (in fact, just ordered my first set of NTAG215s tonight)....I got the TagMo app, I got the key file and a bunch of Amiibo bin files. Once these NTAG215s are written to, can they be erased and reprogrammed? There is an option on the TagMo app called "restore tag".....so say I try to write one and something goes wrong...is that tag worthless? Also, the NTAGs functions just like the real thing right? Such as leveling up Amiibo on Super Smash Bros?

6. Liakami

Liakami Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2017
    United States
    Apologies if this has been asked/answered already

About a month in to learning all of this stuff, I have the key, the .bin files I need, Ntag215 Cards, an ACR122U USB NFC Reader/Writer, even have a N2 Elite & the N2 USB Reader/Writer
    My Problem, My Phone is not NFC Capable, even bought a phone that was supposed to be NFC Capable according to both the Rep I spoke to at the store AND LG. ( LG G Stylo, via boost mobile) Which was a bust.

What I Need to figure out is how to use the ACR122U USB NFC R/W I have to do what y'all are doing in Tagmo. Every Program Ive found while searching is for some mobile platform or another (android/ Windows Mobile).
    I Tried the GoToTags software, and unless i screwed up somewhere its a bust ( Doesnt even have 215tags listed in the drop down menu).
    Ive tried running tagmo on my pc through ARC Welder, as well as Android studio w/ no luck ( But then Im no dev, and honestly am lost when it comes to all that)

Anyone know how I'd be able to do this from my PC? I'm at a lost at what to try to do at this point, & would appreciate it if anyone could help w/ this.
    (At this point what should have been saving money is turning into a money pit, and I still need to get them made so my kids will quit fighting over the figures -.- ./sigh )
    Thanks

Oh & My PC runs Win. 10 btw.

7. javiMaD

javiMaD Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2015
    0's and 1's
    Linux/Windows

Program: https://github.com/socram8888/amiitool
    "Manual": https://gbatemp.net/threads/diy-amiibo-cards.406978/page-12#post-5955517

8. demalmar

demalmar Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    I would like to know if once written, a card can be rewritten with another amiibo.

9. javiMaD

javiMaD Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2015
    0's and 1's
    No :(

10. Liakami

Liakami Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2017
    United States
    Last edited by Liakami, Apr 22, 2017
  11. Azel

Azel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2014
    France
    sorry if this has been asked before?
    I have a bigass laser printer at work (Canon Image runner advance)
    can I print on aliexpress nfc cards?
    or can anyone recommend glossy/photo quality/high quality sticker laser paper to print on, that I can order on amazon france?

thanks a ton in advance! I would like to order today^^

12. Liakami

Liakami Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2017
    United States
    I've used this for printing photos if my kids, making things like magnets and such for grandparents, and they came out really nice. Its glossy vinyl sticker paper. it seems more durable than standard photo sticker paper.

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/d/B000W..._13?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2GB5918JRZ4S23Y0SVP9

Azel likes this.
  13. Azel

Azel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2014
    France
    haha, thanks, coincidentally I ended up ordering those too yesterday! I hope it turns out well :)

14. nWo

nWo Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2016
    Mexico
    I just have a question, Im sorry if it has been already answered but here goes: We have a bunch of NFC tags in the office but they are the ones matching this description:

NFC Chip Type: NTAG203

Frequency: 13.56MHz

Protocol: Conform to 14443 standards

Size: 25mm

Data save: 10 years

Packaging materials: Coated paper

Memory capacity: 1152(bits)

Operating Temperature: -25~85℃

Read and write time:106Kbit/s(MS)

Usage life: 100000 times

Im sorry I know it says Ntag 215, but I was wondering if these ones would work? Or not. Thank you in advance.

mamalira likes this.
  15. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    No, they won't work. Configuration aside, they only have about a quarter of the memory capacity of an NTAG215.

nWo likes this.
  16. Thiago Salles

Thiago Salles Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2016
    Brazil
    When I try to write an amiibo bin file to my NFC card, the TagMo app crashes.
    When I try to use a different app to clone an amiibo, it says that the card is write protected.
    The cards were never used before.
    Any idea?

17. Mave213

Mave213 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Hi,

i'm very new to this topic of amiibo spoofing. I've read a lot and got some NTAG215 to work with help of TagMo. Still i'm not sure if it makes sense to get a n2elite. I'm looking for the "safest" method that has the lowest possibility to get detected in future, because i'm afraid of getting my nintendo account flagged for cheating or get suspended or something else. If read of the current problem with allmost all amiibo dumbs beeing 540 bytes and not 572 bytes which could cause trouble in future. So my primary questions are the following:

Is it possible to store an full 572b dump to an ntag215 which has only a size of 540b?

How can a spoof of an unreleased amiibo (like the majoras mask link) can be an additional risk? Is it the bin file itself thats the threat or just the fact that the amiibo isnt released yet?

Is it possible to detect the n2 elite as a non-amiibo because it is not a regular nfc tag like the ntag215?

All in all: which method is safer n2 elite or ntag215?

I love to support nintendo but in case of botw it's just rediculous... dont plan to spend so much money for figures that i didnt want to be in my living room only for ingame-items that i cant get another way. If i want an amiibo for the figure i will buy it anyway like the oncoming cloud amiibo :)

Looking forward to your answers

18. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    These two questions are related. The NTAG215 has a signature that authenticates that the card was made by the manufacturer that it claims to be (like NXP.) Those 32 extra bytes are the signature. An NTAG215 (whether it's blank, or an amiibo, or on a shelf) either already has a valid signature, or it's a knockoff. As long as your NTAG215 was legitimately manufactured, you're good. If not, there's nothing you can do about it except to get your tags from a reliable vendor.

n2 wants 572 byte dumps so they can emulate the same signature that the real source NTAG215 had. Without it, the signature check would fail - IF Nintendo ever decided to check it.

TL;DR 572 vs 540 is a problem for tag emulation, not tag copying.
    The risk with unreleased amiibos is that since the amiibo isn't released, any one who is using it (unless Nintendo gave to them for testing) is cheating. In an online game/system, that would be pretty easy to detect. In a completely offline situation, it's not as much of a risk.
    Don't let people make choices for you. Just learn how things work, and draw your own conclusions. In regard to the signature matter, if I were Nintendo, and the signatures were affected by serials, I'd disable serials that I saw being used excessively. A move like that could cause problems for n2.

19. Mave213

Mave213 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Thanks for your quick and detailed answer nexusmtz!

That clears things up for me. Now I'm wondering, if it might be a risk to use NTAG215 from a manufacturer that doesnt produce for the original amiibos (i think the original manufacturer is NXP?). What are your thoughts?

20. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    If Nintendo knows that they never used any other supplier, then it's pretty likely that they would check that the tag is from NXP. That is, if they choose to check anything.