kobewan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I just ordered a G6 Lite from Divineo to replace my M3 miniSD, and they sent me this email:-

QUOTE said:
Hi,

Regarding to your order , would you please provide the ID scan ( like driving license , passport ...etc ) of card holder due to security reason.
Thanks for your co-operation.

Bets regards,
Divineo CN

Any idea what this is for? I ordered my M3 miniSD with the same card and the same address/billing address back in May. That order went through without any problem, no asking for ID or anything. You can understand why I would be kind of wary of sending scans of my passport to them. Why would they need a passport to check anything on the card? Has this happened to anybody else?

I realize that people may not like Divineo as an online retailer, but they have the best prices for international shipping so I'm kind of stuck with them.

waiwai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No idea. I have ordered multiple times from them. The last time was around 20 september. Didn't have any troubles, everything arrived safely.

Perhaps your last CC usage was troublesome.. ? Or your homeland has become a high risk for them to accept CC's.

kobewan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps your last CC usage was troublesome.. ? Or your homeland has become a high risk for them to accept CC's.

My credit card and billing address are in the US, so I'm pretty sure that's not going to be a problem
tongue.gif

Dwaalspoor98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ordered many times by Divineo (About 10+ times) never had that question. (Last order 2 weeks ago). Maybe because your shipping address is different from your billing address?

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its just a random check that some companys do to protect against fraud. Mainly for insurance purposes to say they do run checks.
I had it the first time that I bought something from Lik Sang.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi