Display downloaded page in Chrome when writing a certain URL

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Long story for why I need this, so I'm not going to bother mentioning it.
Basically, I have an account at a certain site. I want the site to go to a downloaded page on the computer instead of my account page without showing.

Is this possible? Because it would save me a lot of grief.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Depending upon what you want to achieve there are several things you can do. The two big reasons seem to be caching (the accounts page has a lot of data it downloads each time) and as a crude security method (preventing a less competent user from seeing the account page, exam time with online results seem to be the most common one for that around here).

If you are lucky enough in this instance to have a subdomain (account.somesite.tld) you can probably redirect that using a hosts file but that is a bit of a long way around things.

Chrome seems to lack proper offline browsing functionality so http://getpocket.com/welcome?ep=1 would probably be the way to do that here.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Depending upon what you want to achieve there are several things you can do. The two big reasons seem to be caching (the accounts page has a lot of data it downloads each time) and as a crude security method (preventing a less competent user from seeing the account page, exam time with online results seem to be the most common one for that around here).

If you are lucky enough in this instance to have a subdomain (account.somesite.tld) you can probably redirect that using a hosts file but that is a bit of a long way around things.

Chrome seems to lack proper offline browsing functionality so http://getpocket.com/welcome?ep=1 would probably be the way to do that here.

Sadly, the problem isn't connected to offline mode.
Let me put it this way: I want the account to show it's 'saved' old status instead of its new, updated one.
The site doesn't have a subdomain, so that idea's gone.
Any other suggestions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.