Disney cancels Disney Infinity and quits game publishing

3Yj-C07nmFfp05fB7_z54lMI3VsyQ5SR.jpg

Today Disney announced that they are cancelling their Disney Infinity line of games and figurines, as well as quitting game self-publishing altogether. Speculations are that this was due to a decrease in revenue from the series.
Disney said:
By now you may have heard the news that we have made the difficult decision to discontinue production of Disney Infinity. From the beginning, Disney Infinity was built for you—our fans—and I wanted to take a moment to thank you not just for your support over the years, but for creating a community that made Disney Infinity more than just a game.

:arrow:Source

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, except the "quality" part.
tumblr_neqlcghxHs1sw8d3mo1_1280.jpg

^This

One of my friend's was fed up with this and actually started touching up his various amiibos as most of the ones he had were messed up in some sort of way. Most were able to be corrected via painting but a couple needed to be replaced as they had molding issues.

Reactions: Feeling it!

Feeling it!

Pure Logical Feels.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate how mario and luigi paper jam require an amiibo just to use cards that make you insanely broken bullshit.
I hate how with skylanders they make a "legendary" version of every character so you have to buy it again.
I do however like how they had an update in sm4sh that added amiibo functions.
I hate amiibo as a DLC item that makes you a broken unfair god but I like supporting my favorite character.
All in all I hate these things but I like figurines......

Last edited by Feeling it!,

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
why are they still advertising this on tv if it's cancelled :lol:
Because it's not an online title and doesn't require Disney to maintain any support infrastructure, and can still be played even if Disney won't develop future titles or manufacture figurines. And there are still two expansions that will be released in the next few months.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night