Hacking Diskwriter taking 4 hours to write one game?

xWaterLily

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm super new here and sorry if this has already been answered, feel free to redirect me if that is the case.

Okay, I recently got a Sky3DS card (Blue button) and I got a new SanDisk Ultra 16GB Class 10 mircosd for it.
Link for mircoSD here :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MBTP8Q4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

It claims to read up to 48MB/s (Not sure what that really means)
I know there is alot of issue/talk around the Sky3DS needing a decent mircosd card to cycle through games and that has something to do with the class/speed of the mircosd, which mine does in about 7-8 seconds which I'm okay with to be honest, faster would be great but I'm not all that bothered about it.

My problem is when writing the ROMs onto the mircosd it takes around 4-6 hours for one game and I just want to know why that is?

I really don't want to spend that amount of time writing games on.
I have 4 games on currently
The games I have are 2GB each and I know that this size would effect the time but is there a way to make it like 2-4 hours a game at least?

My plan on how I want to use my Sky3DS is to have 5/6 Roms on there maximum even though I have the space for more (I REALLY don't want to cycle through more then I have to) and switch Roms out from time to time.
If this is "improper care" please let me know.

I'm not sure if this is a Diskwriter issue or if this is something on my end. I'm using DiskWriterV202b1 and template0612 which I believe are the latest versions to this date. ( I haven't check in a week or so.)

Any help on this would be great!
Thank you so much for taking the time out to read this and help me :)

bod-ceranimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
:nds:
I'm super new here and sorry if this has already been answered, feel free to redirect me if that is the case.

Okay, I recently got a Sky3DS card (Blue button) and I got a new SanDisk Ultra 16GB Class 10 mircosd for it.
Link for mircoSD here :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MBTP8Q4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

It claims to read up to 48MB/s (Not sure what that really means)
I know there is alot of issue/talk around the Sky3DS needing a decent mircosd card to cycle through games and that has something to do with the class/speed of the mircosd, which mine does in about 7-8 seconds which I'm okay with to be honest, faster would be great but I'm not all that bothered about it.

My problem is when writing the ROMs onto the mircosd it takes around 4-6 hours for one game and I just want to know why that is?

I really don't want to spend that amount of time writing games on.
I have 4 games on currently
The games I have are 2GB each and I know that this size would effect the time but is there a way to make it like 2-4 hours a game at least?

My plan on how I want to use my Sky3DS is to have 5/6 Roms on there maximum even though I have the space for more (I REALLY don't want to cycle through more then I have to) and switch Roms out from time to time.
If this is "improper care" please let me know.

I'm not sure if this is a Diskwriter issue or if this is something on my end. I'm using DiskWriterV202b1 and template0612 which I believe are the latest versions to this date. ( I haven't check in a week or so.)

Any help on this would be great!
Thank you so much for taking the time out to read this and help me :)
I have the same problem too my diskwriter writes a game at 40 mins 4 da tomodachi I mean c2mon dats 524mb.And sadly I dunno how to fix it sorry

Tony556

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The read doesn't really matter for the Sky3DS, as it's about the same/faster (maybe) than a normal cart.

The class is how fast is Writes, and UHS is how fast it Reads (but it requires some software things)

It's probably your adapter, as I use a USB 3.0 adapter (in a 3.0 port, obviously.) and can write SSB in around 3 or so mins.

What adapter are you using?

bod-ceranimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The read doesn't really matter for the Sky3DS, as it's about the same/faster (maybe) than a normal cart.

The class is how fast is Writes, and UHS is how fast it Reads (but it requires some software things)

It's probably your adapter, as I use a USB 3.0 adapter (in a 3.0 port, obviously.) and can write SSB in around 3 or so mins.

What adapter are you using?
ı has a 2.0 adapter but my pc doesn't

asdfghjk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ı has a 2.0 adapter but my pc doesn't

It should still run at USB 2.0 speeds when plugged into a 3.0 port, unless your PC still has the 1.0 ones. I'm using that setup too and am getting max write speed of 17 MB/s; writing a game typically takes 5 mins. The adapter is a Sony one and the card, Samsung 64GB.

bod-ceranimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It should still run at USB 2.0 speeds when plugged into a 3.0 port, unless your PC still has the 1.0 ones. I'm using that setup too and am getting max write speed of 17 MB/s; writing a game typically takes 5 mins. The adapter is a Sony one and the card, Samsung 64GB.
It is the 1.0 ones but my moms pc has 2.0

bod-ceranimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try writing your games from her PC and see if the speed improves. But for your PC, I think it'd be wise to get a PCI card with USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports, because 1.0 ones are ancient and will frustrate you.
I'll try but is there a totorial for loading games to sky3ds cuz discwriter dozont seem to load it well

asdfghjk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I might have a 2.0 port but is there a way to check this?

Look at your USB port. If it's blue, it's a 3.0. If it's white or black, it's a 2.0. I actually have never seen a 1.0 or 1.1, but I doubt your PC has that because they're from 2 decades ago.

I'll try but is there a totorial for loading games to sky3ds cuz discwriter dozont seem to load it well

I use the tutorial included with Diskwriter 2.02b and everything works as fine as it can be. Have you followed the tutorial to the t?

bod-ceranimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Look at your USB port. If it's blue, it's a 3.0. If it's white or black, it's a 2.0. I actually have never seen a 1.0 or 1.1, but I doubt your PC has that because they're from 2 decades ago.

I use the tutorial included with Diskwriter 2.02b and everything works as fine as it can be. Have you followed the tutorial to the t?
nope can u giv a lonk

xWaterLily

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I have 2 blue ports so I guess I have 2 3.0 ports so I will try and write this these and see how it goes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nope can u giv a lonk
I know what a floppy disk is lol

bod-ceranimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1