Gaming Disgaea 5 is spicy

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 2,128
  • Replies 13
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Never played a Disgaea game before the 5th, though I did try out the demo and really liked it but found some stuff rather surprising.

DAnbeArW0AIZ9aa.jpg

Damn. Did not expect that. lol

DAm8e-uXcAIjPQJ.jpg

The character Metallia says "You little shit" to her opponents. xD

I just hope Nintendo doesn't force the developers to censor the game unnecessarily, not to mention this is a game more for an adult audience that likes RPG than the usual Ninty stuff.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm only interested because the Killia character is really hot, as I usually go towards simpler RPGs like the Paper Mario series.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I'm only interested because the Killia character is really hot, as I usually go towards simpler RPGs like the Paper Mario series.
The game's a lotta fun but there are way too many text boxes. Maybe this is normal for RPG games though this amount just feels excessive to the point I'd rather just skip.

Same happened on Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The game's a lotta fun but there are way too many text boxes. Maybe this is normal for RPG games though this amount just feels excessive to the point I'd rather just skip.

Same happened on Puyo Puyo Tetris.
I think it's standard fare for a jRPG... it may be condensed as it'd the demo acting as a tutorial.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The demo didnt really sell me on the game, it felt like a watered down fire emblem with over used anime tropes shoehorned in, but thats just my 2 cents I'm glad youre having fun with the game

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good thing this is rated m

It's rated T

The demo didnt really sell me on the game, it felt like a watered down fire emblem with over used anime tropes shoehorned in, but thats just my 2 cents I'm glad youre having fun with the game

It's deeper than FE, but it's more clunky.

Never played a Disgaea game before the 5th, though I did try out the demo and really liked it but found some stuff rather surprising.
I just hope Nintendo doesn't force the developers to censor the game unnecessarily, not to mention this is a game more for an adult audience that likes RPG than the usual Ninty stuff.

Nintendo seems to have toned down with their crazy censorship, which is nice. They did allow for Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U lol.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
It's rated T

It's deeper than FE, but it's more clunky.

Nintendo seems to have toned down with their crazy censorship, which is nice. They did allow for Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U lol.
The game also has a very PlayStation-feel. one by how the save feature looks and two, by the trophy's appearance.

DAm8OFzXkAEZnrK.jpg

I never thought I'd say this but it's good to see the trophies (I actually turned its notification off on my PS3).

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i'd recommend it to everyone into jrpgs.
disgaea is really fun, comedy jrpg.

likeable characters, and fun combat (not for those who are all about the button smash though).
so if you are into turn based rpgs, then you will like disgaea 5.

plus you get all the dlc with d5 complete, can't wait to buy it off the eshop (yet again).
sadly i cannot buy them in physical form because , well just look at the flag.
i wish i had MK8 Deluxe phyisical , but the digital eshop version is okay to have too i guess.

but to have your bought games physical just feels way safer, in case something happened to your account/email and shit :l

i live in iraq/northern part Kurdistan , and here again i repeat myself yet once again.

in here Nintendo is not so 'in' as in it is not so known and not many people want it, they are all about Sony's playstion and Mic. Xbox.
majority into playstation.

so i am either forced to order my nintendo games, or buy them from the eshop. (i obviously always have to order my nintendo consoles).

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game also has a very PlayStation-feel. one by how the save feature looks and two, by the trophy's appearance. I never thought I'd say this but it's good to see the trophies (I actually turned its notification off on my PS3).

Makes sense, it's been on Sony portables and consoles since the beginning. I'm really happy the Switch is more like a Vita successor than a 3DS successor.

Reactions: SonyNintendoGamer1

plushifoxed

I wanna talk more about kawaii stuff!
Trophies
Website
roxie.nyc
XP
Country
United States
In terms of mechanics, Disgaea is way, way deeper than FE, generally speaking.
In terms of the rest of the statement (overused anime tropes): yyyyep. That's pretty much the basis of the entire series.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: