• Replies 16

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Seems both docked and undocked modes run at 720p. Wonder if it has a similar situation with Minecraft, which technically can run 1080p docked (with no problems?), but the game itself doesn't support that sort of on-the-fly change, so they defaulted to the portable design.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Seems both docked and undocked modes run at 720p. Wonder if it has a similar situation with Minecraft, which technically can run 1080p docked (with no problems?), but the game itself doesn't support that sort of on-the-fly change, so they defaulted to the portable design.
A bit of a shame that it'll run at 720p but if it looks good and the framerate behaves well then I'll be happy with it.

Done creating the account, now to download! :)

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Got done with the demo a while ago and really enjoyed it. The graphics looked great, English dub voice-acting was solid and the gameplay didn't take long to get used to.

Disgaea 5 on the Switch will for sure be a fun game to play. :)

Atross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why didn't they sell the game at the same time everywhere ?
I mean, i bought mine two month ago at Sofmap in Tokyo and the game is fully english and Japan, so i'm asking myself. ;(

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Why didn't they sell the game at the same time everywhere ?
I mean, i bought mine two month ago at Sofmap in Tokyo and the game is fully english and Japan, so i'm asking myself. ;(
It's fully in English, even dubbed?

The dubbing might've been why.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc you just have to block a few urls (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-fiddler-setup-guide-for-blocking-update-server.466328/)
that or do a full reboot and open eshop right after boot.
Accessing eShop right after reboot did the trick, thanks. Nintendo continues to surprise me in how bad they are at this. Anyway, got to try the demo, thoroughly enjoyed it, found out demo data doesn't transfer to full game, stopped playing the demo and am now considering downloading it from the Japanese eShop since it has English text & audio.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Probably publishers. Do they have the same publisher?
That could be why.

Japan - Nippon Ichi Software (Source: PlayAsia)
Europe/America - NIS America (Source: Amazon)

Another reason is that they could have dubbed/translated the game to various European languages but from what I read the in-game audio tracks are English + Japanese and English subtitles so we'll see.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also spacing. Putting the game out to close to MK8 or BotW would have been a bad thing. I think now is actually a great time for the release. Gives a big game about a month before another big game.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Also spacing. Putting the game out to close to MK8 or BotW would have been a bad thing. I think now is actually a great time for the release. Gives a big game about a month before another big game.
It would have been pretty shit if the launch of Switch was down to Bomberman R. lol More games are always a good thing but with Nintendo there's not that much (lack of third party support).

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hrm.... well your just mis-informed then. I had a 3rd party game before the switch was even released. And yes.. games canabilizing each other is a thing that companies actually use to their advantage to get out contractually obligated games, but then argue they don't sell, so they don't have to do anymore of them.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Hrm.... well your just mis-informed then. I had a 3rd party game before the switch was even released. And yes.. games canabilizing each other is a thing that companies actually use to their advantage to get out contractually obligated games, but then argue they don't sell, so they don't have to do anymore of them.
Haha. I'm not misinformed, there really aren't that many games available currently for the Switch unless you count Neo Geo titles on the eShop, indies, shitty ports and that's about it for "diverse" games on the Switch.

The Switch currently lacks games damn hard and it's why it's gathering dust. Don't damage control, Tigran.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr