Hardware [DISCUSSION] What do you think when will somone manage to run unsigned code on the Switch?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Assuming you don't mean some smacks whatever web browser it ends up with hard enough that HTML5/javascript spits out something that classifies then

In the year 2525

Maybe 2112

Failing that
When I am 64

If they have used a more well known kernel for it then sooner. If they have rolled their own then later, though we will probably have a giggle at their silly mistake as and when it happens. I doubt it will be a celebrated day as there are already devices that outclass it and given a year or two it will be even more common.

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When dou y´all think that someone wil run unsigned code, or any flashcard seller will come up with a switch flashcard? for the 3ds all this took some years.
Also I´m kinda curious what the file formats will be, how the fw will be, the NAND etc...
So what are your thoughts on when someone will manage to run unsigned code on a retail console?
Shitpost

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Guys whats wrong with you discussing hacks already! Let the system come out first... We want nintendo to succeed in regards to sales so 3rd party support increases!

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think that, if someone manages to crack the system, they'd probably replace the "operative system" with a copy or maybe another one using Android as a base.
Because, you know? Candy Crush deserves to be on the Switch.
I'm being sarcastic. :creep:

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3ds took many years to be exploited. But IMO that's because not many people were working on it. If some of the 3ds and Wii U exploiters starting poking around, I'm sure it will get done faster than how long the 3ds and Wii U took. Plus we need to have devs not announce something until they are almost ready to release, because the Wii U scene was a complete wreck up till last summer due to projects being announced and never being release to the public, which caused the Wii U scene to basically dwindle to almost nothing for quite a while.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
42675224.jpg

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
$72 wouldn't be a bad price considering a standard game is around $60.

Since you two didn't got the joke :
Back in 2011 a flashcard for 3DS got announced as Crown3DS and in the end on their website there was only a bar saying that they are progressing and it was stuck at 72% *that's why the $72 price*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...