Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

Mikesahhh

Mikes
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know what kind of issue causes the character select screen to load forever? I've been adding custom music and character skins to new slots (by changing the ui_character_db.bin file) it was working, then added a bunch of stuff and now get stuck while trying to load any CSS screen lol

Reactions: FlappyFalco

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi making a little mod pack and adding music but recently an error has come about and now all the music in the bgm manger is named blank well not all of the songs but allot are renamed blank can any one help me with a fix here is a pic of my problem http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2cmrzmo&s=9#.V9UYfK1Xz0A
The only fix I've seen is to load from a backup, preferably from a sm4shsound_config file.

Anyone know what kind of issue causes the character select screen to load forever? I've been adding custom music and character skins to new slots (by changing the ui_character_db.bin file) it was working, then added a bunch of stuff and now get stuck while trying to load any CSS screen lol
Usually that's related to a corrupted UI element - most commonly a chr_13 file. It's possible one of them is corrupted or too big.

Madein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am having issues with 1 slot voices downloaded from gamebanana. Some of them works fine, while others are muted. I am not playing dittos. For example, metal sonic works fine, but Shadow's doens't. Benny works, but Magnus does not. Any ideas?

powermarshall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know the command to make a character leave the ground via script? Like, is it Set Air/Ground? And if so, which state is it? I tried 0x0,1,2, and now testing 3 atm. Thanks!

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having issues with 1 slot voices downloaded from gamebanana. Some of them works fine, while others are muted. I am not playing dittos. For example, metal sonic works fine, but Shadow's doens't. Benny works, but Magnus does not. Any ideas?
Shadow and Magnus were ID fixed in advance. This means that they won't work unless you edit the fightermodelbanktable.mtb file, but when you do, they won't be silent in ditto matches.

Shadow's comes with a pre-made mtb file, but you'll need to edit it if you want Magnus to work...

Madein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I go about editing the fightermodelbanktable.mbt? Is that as easy as changing a number in the character.ui to allow additional costume slot? Or is it the process used in the sonicbrawler's tutorial about giving peach the metal peach voice where he uses a command Windows and hex editing?

I find it a bit frustrating because I have a lot of custom voices and some work and others do not.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi guys.

I really want to start modding but there is 1 huge problem.
No matter what move I change, The hitbox disappears. I don't know how I do it or why it happens. I take random move xyz and set damage=2 to damage=3 and the hitbox is gone when I want to try it out. I change angle 0x169 to 0x5A. hitbox is gone. Is this a known issue? I also had this when I wanted to mod for 3ds but nobody knew a solution for this.
Could someone be so kind and give me a step by step tutorial on how to change the damage of a move for example or the angle? I seem to do something wrong but I don't know what :(

thx in advance!
Have you found a fix for this? I stumbled into the same problem with the smashcommand nightly build. The reason for disappearing hitbox is that the script disappeared when I pressed the x to save it. I still have the problem and I cant mod attacks because of it. I have to resort to the version that does not allow copy/pasting, so I gave up lol. If you found a fix. Please let me know.

Last edited by Madein,

Master_Hand7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i have a problem when dumping using etika's method every time i use the Nwplayer website and click on of the tabs it just goes to a "Video Player Screen" and just crashes the wii u does anyone know what im doing wrong?

scott0bloke

Trophies
XP
Country
The only fix I've seen is to load from a backup, preferably from a sm4shsound_config file.

Usually that's related to a corrupted UI element - most commonly a chr_13 file. It's possible one of them is corrupted or too big.

I fixed it a while ago just had to delete the sound folders

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Delete the chrm folders and learn about adding name plates and such before adding them because there is a certain way you do it not just copy and paste

BeRnYGP

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Im not sure if someone has post or fixed this problem but if you put a custom texture in a custom slot for Kirby, then when you swallow an opponent and try to use their abilities, then Kirby will crash. This happens when you swallow Donkey Kong, Falco, Pac-Man, Pikmin, Wii Fit Trainer and Mewtwo.

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure if someone has post or fixed this problem but if you put a custom texture in a custom slot for Kirby, then when you swallow an opponent and try to use their abilities, then Kirby will crash. This happens when you swallow Donkey Kong, Falco, Pac-Man, Pikmin, Wii Fit Trainer and Mewtwo.
This is a known issue, and happens with *all* abilities, though those 6 in particular need some extra files as it is. There's also issues with ROB and Yoshi (though Yoshi is going to be fixed soon).

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried out a mod for Ryu, but somehow I can't get it to load up. I have the necessary numbered folder, having previously tried out a sound mod, and even that's not loading up. I have the kernal + SDCafiine links bookmarked, and I'd load those before booting the game, and the mod still doesn't load up. I feel like I'm missing a step or something because I managed to mod a music track last night.

BeRnYGP

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is a known issue, and happens with *all* abilities, though those 6 in particular need some extra files as it is. There's also issues with ROB and Yoshi (though Yoshi is going to be fixed soon).

Oh I didnt know, I thought it was something in particular. Thanks :)

CharizardMen99

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i finally deleted the problem,and now the hacka works!

But i have a little question...anyone here know how to edit character voices with a sawnd file?

Madein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Greetings, I got a question regarding 8 player smash and replacing omega stages with mods. It seems the game resizes the map when playing 8 player smash, resulting in a modded stage with phatom platform and desyncced collisionvs the platform you see. Is there a fix for this? What do I need to edit?

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. Posting here as well, I need some help fixing these normals. Is there any way to quickly fix the normals on this hair? I don't want to have to do it one by one because there are hundreds of them.

Last edited by Aeth-r,

Yummy Yoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's an issue where when you add too many csp's to the game, the game simply stops staring to load to load them. Since the game loads them alphabetically, my zelda, yoshi, and wario are completely gone. The game has about 400 portraits, and the max is about 680 , so if you add more than 280 portraits, they will disappear. Does anyone know a way to fix, or stall this?

FlappyFalco

Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
There's an issue where when you add too many csp's to the game, the game simply stops staring to load to load them. Since the game loads them alphabetically, my zelda, yoshi, and wario are completely gone. The game has about 400 portraits, and the max is about 680 , so if you add more than 280 portraits, they will disappear. Does anyone know a way to fix, or stall this?

You can still select them, but their portraits are invisible? So the came can hold more costumes than CSPs, interesting.

But to answer your question, it is either because of the Wii U's measly 1GB of RAM, in which case the only fix would be to wait for CEMU to get good and play it on that, or it's a limit that has been hardcoded into the game, which we could probably fix by decompiling and editing the file cross_f.rpx, but you'd need to be well up on assembly. We could probably add more stage slots that way too, but IDK.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv