Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Noob question: Which is the file that I have to edit to change the character icon next to the percentage during a fight? Also, would there be a page with examples of the most used files we replace and for complete texture mods? Like some examples of the names of the files and what they do? It would be really helpful. Thanks in advance!

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: JJTapia19

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so, I tried launching smash4explorer, but the window is cropped sorta funny and I can't seem to progress pass the initial "Creation Project" screen. I see the game region box, and then like half of the game update number. Anything below that I can't see.

Also smash4explorer still doesn't like my dump and is telling me the region is wrong. I don't know why, I know what region my copy is.. (Might have something to do with that initial screen that I try mashing past..)

Last edited by EmblemCrossing,

RPD490

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would anyone know how to edit the series icons that are in the mark folder, and see if its possible to add custom icons in?

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uh, so I added a bunch of music, and I went to adjust it and my music crashed ://

edit: uh shit now its just happening randomly..

edit edit: I'm rebuilding my mods piece by piece to try and fix it. But apparently none of my Custom music is playing. It shows in My Music, the files are on the SD card, but nothing plays.

Last edited by EmblemCrossing,

RPD490

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I figured out that all icons in mark_60 are for the Stage Select Series Icons. However when I tried to extract the mark_00 and mark_30 icons and convert them to DDS, they show up as files that can't be opened in paint.net or PS since it says that its not a proper DDS file. Does anyone know how I get the icons for the CSP and to an extent the icons that appear in the Sound Test to open in Paint.Net or PS?

ClayStatue

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright I figured out that all icons in mark_60 are for the Stage Select Series Icons. However when I tried to extract the mark_00 and mark_30 icons and convert them to DDS, they show up as files that can't be opened in paint.net or PS since it says that its not a proper DDS file. Does anyone know how I get the icons for the CSP and to an extent the icons that appear in the Sound Test to open in Paint.Net or PS?
If you have blender installed you can use the image viewer in that to open the image which can then be saved as .tga / .png to open in other programs. It's because the dds file is compressed in rgba format (ar88 or something)

AyanamiRei0

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Here read this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...unds-per-costume-and-more-mega-thread.426351/

ThatRandomGuy42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone discovered how to DISABLE the pinch themes on Sazaku Castle? I've replaced one of the songs with a theme from SFV and even removed the pinch song in Sm4shMusic but it still plays.

RPD490

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I figured out how to change the icons and inject them into the game. Though now I gotta figure out how exactly I can add new slots for the icons. I guess you would edit the ui_mark_db but I have no idea what the info in there means or how it correlates to the id of the marks used. If anyone can figure that out that'd be great.

So far I was able to replace Mega Man's gear icon with his helmet and the unused Brain Training icon that is in the game, which is blank, with the Kingdom Hearts Logo since I put in a couple of KH tracks in my game. Though they appeared glitched since I saved out the DDS in the wrong format, but it should appear correct this time.

But yeah, I need to figure out what to edit to add new slots for custom icons, and I know its something in ui_mark_db

Last edited by RPD490,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone figured out or know exactly how to add Gigabowser and company to the ui_character_db.bin? I asked this before but only got non helpful reply saying "Its easy just edit the ui_character_db.bin" lol I know how to edit the file I just don't what ID's they have to make them appear

AyanamiRei0

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: MasterJ360

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are welcome oh trust me editing CSS isn't fun without that if you've got questions about why some characters don't move feel free to message me
I definitely will this is by far 1 of the most helpful tools Ive come across for Smash modding. Goodbye ID list thats for sure lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte