PS1/2 Discs not working black screen with mcboot?

Trueace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed mcboot and tried to play some games that I made backups of. The mcboot start of thing came up and the esr autobooted with the game in it. I couldn't get any game to work accept for power pros which I got past the start up screen ,but then got black screened like I did with all the other games. I'm using memorex-R burning at 3x speed using imgburn. My laser might be going ,but I don't think so.
Do you think I should try diffrent discs or something else?

Edit: I did patch all of the isos
Playing from a ps2 slim no longer sure of the the version I think it's the 75xxx series

Last edited by Trueace,

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually burn them at 2x speeds but that shouldn't be the problem. Are they DvD-R and not DvD-RW, do you know if they are lastest version of esr loader and esr patcher?
When you load a game, does the screen stay black or flicker with color.

Trueace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if they are dvd-rw ,but on the disc it says dvd-r and yes I'm using the latest version of esr launcher and patcher. The game that got to the starting screen flashed all the colors ,but all of the others just stayed black and then I just turned it off after 5 mins

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you are using good disc ( DvD-R aceptable, not sure about the brand but should be good).
Did you install freemcboot your self and how did you backup these games. If you can test the games to make sure they are not corrupted in a emulator we can see what is and isnt the problem.

Trueace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry forgot to come back here. All the games work perfectly in an emulator. I cleaned my laser so know it plays a few games but still not a lot of them. No I didn't install it myself I just asked a fried to give me one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal +1