Hardware Disassembling Nintendo 3DS

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is an A9 then Ninty could turn down the clock at release to conserve battery and perhaps ramp it up later in its lifecycle to answer challenges from Sony and the like.

cyb3ritachi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
If it is an A9 then Ninty could turn down the clock at release to conserve battery and perhaps ramp it up later in its lifecycle to answer challenges from Sony and the like.

i agree with you, as actually reading ur last post from the ARm site and it seems like they might be doing later on the 3DS lifecycle a ramp up just incase they want to surpass Sony in future.

D

Deleted_171835

Not the smartest thing to do.
laugh.gif

The only information I can gather from these pics is that the 3DS uses an ARM processor. We already knew that, though. Why don't you turn on the 3DS and check if the firmware is installed?

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:

If it's a Cortex-A9 it's very likely to be multicore as well.

Am I just being an idiot and missing the ram or is anyone else thinking that's on die?

Live_Steam_Mad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The lower screen in the 3DS pictures is manufactured by Sharp since the product code matches their LCD's.

Pity you didn't take pictures of the back of the upper LCD. I imagine that it will be a Sharp Parallax Barrier screen as a) Sharp already makes them and b) Nintendo could cut a deal and get lower prices if Sharp makes both screens...

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Shadowhunta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LOL screw bump!

Theres a fine example of someone just taking it apart and not noting what screws go where, they have put the unit back together and put a screw thats too long in the back and its pushed through the front plastics LOL...*sigh* i'm such a geek, you can tell i have repaired wayyyy too many laptops at work and noticed this before.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Shadowhunta said:
LOL screw bump!

Theres a fine example of someone just taking it apart and not noting what screws go where, they have put the unit back together and put a screw thats too long in the back and its pushed through the front plastics LOL...*sigh* i'm such a geek, you can tell i have repaired wayyyy too many laptops at work and noticed this before.
Could be a bump for blind people to tell where the Dpad is.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
Shadowhunta said:
LOL screw bump!

Could be a bump for blind people to tell where the Dpad is.
But then they couldn't see the game...

Live_Steam_Mad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unbelievable. No pictures of the back of the upper screen on that site either! Is there something that stops them disassembling it ? LOL. I want to see the product code on the back of the 3D screen.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowFyre said:
My theory is that the new "3DS Lite" will just be the same 3DS, but w/ much more battery life. After all, they already said that the 3DS won't be shrunk any more.
Yeah, but they've never done anything like you're theorizing (not that I'll discount it).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE