Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Went through entire NTSC-U game on NTSC-U Wii. You can try a different rip or re-ripping if you have retail disc, and if you have a save point just try a 1:1 iso first to eliminate the possibility of bad compression/trimmed ISO.

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good to hear. Could the freezing come from a compressed ISO or a bad rip?
Oh and is your LOZ:WW the US version?

Did you ever play WW and get to the Tower of the Gods w/o that patch?

I did not play through it in DM that far without that patch. However, I was having the dungeon map freeze in DM before the patch, so I applied it to avoid any problems later on. (and so I could pull up the dungeon map without freezing) The DM version I had crashes with was pretty early on though - 2.4 or earlier.

If others have it working without the patch, either Crediar fixed it in DM, or those of us with crashes have a bad rip.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have ripped the game myself PAL and NTSC versions work fine NO problems at all.
Dungeon map freeze has been fixed long ago now.

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the Wind Waker PAL disc so I did a clean install for Devolution to verify and run, only to find I was unable to force progressive scan. I disabled Devolution and used Mios Dios and 'Force NTSC 480p' and was able to play in lovely 480p, getting rid of the dodgy horizontal lines in the fiery temples. :-D

Later in the day I decided to move my games onto a larger USB stick using the DMTools utility that comes with MIOS DIOS, I checked the optimised and selected the correct align value and It shrunk it to 1.08GB.

The problem is, the optimised ISO will now not 'force NTSC 480P'.

So to cut a long story short. Does optimising an ISO get rid of code that enables progressive scan? I re-ripped in CFG LOADER and 480P works fine now.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good work on DIOS-MIOS I must confess.

Though I have to ask, any chance for supporting AR code loading? I currently can't play Thousand Year Door with any codes because cfg-usb loader refuses to recognize the gct file even when it's put in the same directory on the SD with all the others.

There was also this homebrew that was meant to actually launch the GC AR, but it won't load regardless of which mIOS I use. And since I'm basically down to the games that cfg-usb refuses to acknowledge there are codes for, I'm basically stuck.

Reactions: sonictopfan

Vekter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running DML 2.10 and the latest beta of USB Loader GX. When I try to run an ISO, the game in the drive boots instead. I've done a bit of research and know it's caused by the loader not recognizing the config, but I can't imagine why it's doing it with the newest version of USBGX.

Any ideas? I'm stumped.

EDIT: I've been screwing around with different versions of USBGX and it's still not working. Does the same thing in CFG.

EDIT 2: Tried it with 2.6, same outcome.

EDIT 3: SD card, please ignore/delete.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I finally decided to try out DIOS MIOS. I ripped a copy of Wind Waker, put it on my hard drive, set up the files, and launched it. The DIOS MIOS screen came up for a few secs, everything looked good, and then I got a black screen with "Failed assertion: JKRAramArchive.cpp:688 buffer" written on it. Googling this returned no answers, so I really don't know what is causing it. Any help?

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I finally decided to try out DIOS MIOS. I ripped a copy of Wind Waker, put it on my hard drive, set up the files, and launched it. The DIOS MIOS screen came up for a few secs, everything looked good, and then I got a black screen with "Failed assertion: JKRAramArchive.cpp:688 buffer" written on it. Googling this returned no answers, so I really don't know what is causing it. Any help?
Seems like a bad dump
i recommend deleting and dumping your game again, now directly in the wii, using cleanrip, for example.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I disabled Devolution and used Mios Dios and 'Force NTSC 480p' and was able to play in lovely 480p, getting rid of the dodgy horizontal lines in the fiery temples. :-D
I'm using DM to load a NTSC shrinked Wind Waker ...but I can see some horizontal lines, like a fields effect sometimes (not this bad, but you can get the point) ...so I think it's not on progressive mode..

Some way that I can check/fix it ?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You already tried another loader or look at the configs? Maybe can be something that is hanging the game.

The iso works fine on devolution. I tried extracting it again, but now when I select the game in the UNKEEK menu, the disk channel says that it is unable to read the disk. If I start it from postloader, it shows the DIOS MIOS screen, then goes to a black screen and stays there. I will try extracting again to see if I get different results.

EDIT: Nevermind the unable to read disk issue, I just had to recreate the game cache. After doing that I was able to load the game (from both the menu, and postloader) and I got the exact same error as before, so I really have no clue what is wrong...

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using an Action replay iso to apply cheats using the two disc method but it refused to boot the game after asking to insert the game. Also wouldn't return to wiiflow with the button combo. Is there any way to make this work?

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm using DM to load a NTSC shrinked Wind Waker ...but I can see some horizontal lines, like a fields effect sometimes (not this bad, but you can get the point) ...so I think it's not on progressive mode..

Some way that I can check/fix it ?
Just clarifying my question...

Will the NTSC versions always automatic load on progressive at NTSC tvs? ...and if not, how can I check/set it when using Dios Mios?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried using an Action replay iso to apply cheats using the two disc method but it refused to boot the game after asking to insert the game. Also wouldn't return to wiiflow with the button combo. Is there any way to make this work?
Did you try to edit the GameID inside the AR ISO with an Hexeditor to match the game's ID?
Or did you try to set the Second Disc byte in the Game's header?

Header : GameID6 + Disc number (base 0) + Game Version (base 0) when there are game revisions.
In hex it's like that:
Tales of Symphonia Disc1
47515345414600000000000000000000 GQSEAF..........
Disc2
47515345414601000000000000000000 GQSEAF..........
The 7th byte is the Disc number, maybe DIOS MIOS check if the "disc2.iso" contains the "1" to validate it as second disc and auto-swap it.

Or maybe the AR ISO doesn't work the same way, and doesn't trigger the Disc swap.

Edit:
Editing the header will not work. The Action Replay doesn't work the same way as an official licensed games to swap discs. Action replay and Free loaders are just not compatible.

Reactions: sonictopfan

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
Just clarifying my question...

Will the NTSC versions always automatic load on progressive at NTSC tvs? ...and if not, how can I check/set it when using Dios Mios?

When using the PAL disc I need to enable it in the loader menu. You could try 'FORCE NTSC 480P' in the menu and see if there is a difference.

oh, and most modern TVs have a 'select', 'Info', or 'OK' button that will flash up the input info menu on demand.

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi again, i got a problem with DM
I was playing Eternal Darkness, everything fine, but my sanity went low and i died, and stayed at black screen,
at first time i thought it was another fucking trolling of the game, but after some time(15 minutes :unsure: ) , i discovered the wii really had crashed D:
So, there's any fix for that or i just can't die in game?
Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: