DIOS MIOS (Lite)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sk0ld, Jun 23, 2012.

Jun 23, 2012

DIOS MIOS (Lite) by sk0ld at 6:44 PM (559,206 Views / 36 Likes) 4,889 Comments

sonictopfan New Member

Message Count:
    Kuwait
    @Cyan I just wanna thank you for adding the "Disc1/Disc2" option in GX.

I was talking to my friend recently about Sonic Mega Collection Prototype, so I decided to hunt down the game and download it and since the game I found was US region and my copy is also US region (legally purchased) hit me, instead of using two slots for this one game instead I named the iso "disc2.iso" and have it in the same game folder, now I can load whichever build I want no problem.

Man who would of thought Sonic CD was originally planned to be in Mega Collection, even Sonic OVA, and I noticed Sonic Spinball is using a different intro music for some reason and the annoying space-like screen seems to be added later on, in a way I wish they stuck with the Prototype version instead, we might have missed the non-Sonic games like Flicky and Ristar but in turn we would have had a much more solid build, oh well it's still cool to have both versions available on the fly ;)

Edit: Sorry this is irrelevant but I was wondering if someone can create Ocarina codes for Gamecube games I'm interested in a couple of games that I desperately in need of codes for that surprised nobody has released codes form them, please PM me, thanks.
    Last edited by sonictopfan, Jun 5, 2013

• Global Moderator

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Message Count:
    France
    I released codes for Starfox adventure (infinite health/bomb) and Luigi's Mansion (refill HP).
    you can find them in my blog.
    I don't have a lot of games (or time) to make codes, but if it's a game I own I can try to make some codes if you have a specific request.

sonictopfan New Member

Message Count:
    Kuwait
    @Cyan I only want "infinite health" code for "Mega Man X Command Mission" and maybe the other Mega Man games in both "Anniversary Collection" and "X Collection", although as I went through my Wii VC collection I realized I have "similar" codes for Megaman 1-5 so if I don't get those it's no biggie but my most concern is Mega Man X Command Mission, think anyone can do that?

OneUp New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    If you're using the NTSC version of the Megaman games, you can get Action replay codes here:
    http://us.codejunkies.com/search/co...ecodes=1&platval=7&game=&plat=GameCube&page=0

Next, you have to decrypt the codes with this tool: http://doc.kodewerx.org/tools/gcn/gcncrypt.zip

Then you can use the tool made by James0x57 called GCN AR to WiiRD CodeType Converter to convert the decrypted Action Replay codes into Ocarina codes. http://gcn.jaytheham.com/index.php?show=downloads

You can then put them in a txt file with the proper game id and title and use Code Manager to create a gct file.
    MassiveRican and sonictopfan like this.

sonictopfan New Member

Message Count:
    Kuwait
    Thanks I'll play with this, also you forgot to mention I need Java Runtime Environment too.

Edit: Took me about an hour to create all the codes for all Mega Man games but they didn't work, I followed the steps like you told me, can anyone help create an infinite health code for MMXCM?
    Last edited by sonictopfan, Jun 6, 2013
    • Global Moderator

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Message Count:
    France
    sorry, I don't have megaman games.
    Maybe someone else can help.

Disorarara New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Are you guys sure Virtua Striker 2002 works? No matter what I do it always goes to a white screen.

sonictopfan New Member

Message Count:
    Kuwait
    Yes I can confirm it works fine for me, both US/EU versions, however I use a non-compressed iso as I remember using a compressed one cause the white screen.
    • Newcomer

Valkyria New Member

Message Count:
    Spain
    Hi everyone. First I would like to thanks the creators of DM for such a great job. I registered because I have a few doubts that where not answered in this thread (or at least I could not find them).

I'm using DML 2.6 and I don't know if I have to uninstall it before updating to 2.10.

The other issue is with Wind Waker pal version on retail disc. I suffer the dungeon map glitch and I would like to know if that glitch was solved in the newer versions. If not, do the iso images in an sd card suffer from the same bug?

Thanks.

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    DIOS MIOS goes in the MIOS slot, and there's only one, so any install will overwrite the existing one.

sonictopfan New Member

Message Count:
    Kuwait
    -Just install 2.10 over 2.6, don't remove the first.
    -I believe it's been fixed but I can't confirm as I don't have the game.
    • Newcomer

Valkyria New Member

Message Count:
    Spain
    Thanks for your replies. I updated DML to 2.10 but Wind Waker keep on freezing with the dungeon map. I'll try with an iso from the pal game or maybe I could live without my saves and start anew with NTSC and 480p.
    • Newcomer

Valkyria New Member

Message Count:
    Spain
    Well, I tried the Pal ISO and it works flawlessly, no more dungeon map glitch. No I will try the NTSC ISO, maybe, and just maybe the saved games are the same.

OneUp New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    If you want to play the NTSC version without freezes, you just need to apply this ips patch to the dol: http://gbatemp.net/threads/zelda-wi...amecube-loader-map-crash.315342/#post-4008370

skarthebloodchild Keep It Old School

Message Count:
    Greece
    Ηow did you make the pal version work?

Did you force ntsc in the settings of the usb loader gx?

I have latest dios mios v10.
    Last edited by skarthebloodchild, Jun 16, 2013

d.d.d. New Member

Message Count:
    Japan
    Which dungeon freezes? The first or...?

OneUp New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    According to the DM compatibility wiki, Tower of the Gods freezes, but I played with this patch and had no trouble there or with pulling up the dungeon map.

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Message Count:
    Costa Rica
    I got through that one just fine with no patches PAL game on NTSC Wii

MassiveRican GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante

Message Count:
    Puerto Rico
    ^^ Same here I don't understand why you guys are getting freezes, you shouldn't need patches to play Wind Waker anymore, I believe DM automatically patches the game.

d.d.d. New Member

Message Count:
    Japan
    Good to hear. Could the freezing come from a compressed ISO or a bad rip?
    Oh and is your LOZ:WW the US version?

Did you ever play WW and get to the Tower of the Gods w/o that patch?
    Last edited by d.d.d., Jun 17, 2013

SPONSORED LINKS