Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
What if we have, too, a GBA? :blink:
Then you can play your GB + GBC games on that. ;) I have my GBASP to play GBA and GB/C games and my DS-lite to play DS + GBA games. But really though, I play GB/C, GBA, and DS all on my DS-lite just to have it all in one. :) I just never got rid of my old GB & GBASP.

But I'm not getting rid of my Wii just in case someday the Wii U can play GC games (unless I can use my GC pads - I would need a complete replacement of the Wii in its current form to move over to the U). I've been playing Wii U for about a month now and just got back into Wii stuff and already, I miss how much faster it is to load the menus and everything. I really like the Wii U but damn it's slow. I think in a year (hopefully less) the OS will be better or, actually as good as the Wii's currently is now.

On Wii stuff, I've loaded up r1207mod1, updated my DM to 2.6, I then ripped via GX MGS:TS and loaded it up. This works so well. :D :D :D I haven't done extensive testing but, when loading in GX, I selected disc 2 just because, I played through the opening scene real quickly, it asked for disc 1, DM changed it automatically and all was well. Pretty damn cool~ :D

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Even that depends on how Anti-Piracy is implemented for the Wii U version. Devolution leans heavily on Anti-piracy measures and I personally won't buy an external DVD drive for anti-piracy, especially when (at least according to the Library of Congress here in the US) modding consoles is just as illegal as piracy is.
WiiU disc drives...WILL they even accept GC discs, making it so it can verify the games? LOL
I don't think so, goodbye devolution.

Reactions: mclow

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WiiU disc drives...WILL they even accept GC discs, making it so it can verify the games? LOL
I don't think so, goodbye devolution.

Off topic:
Perhaps Tueidj will allow verification on another drive (be it Wii/GC or some other method) and transfer the .DVV to the WiiU via SD with binding to the WiiU serial or MAC address or something?

Never say never.

Tueidj is very clever.

On Topic:
Hopefully one way or another GC backups will persevere on WiiU, who knows what Crediar is capable of with the WiiU hardware! :)

Reactions: Etheboss

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Perhaps Tueidj will allow verification on another drive (be it Wii/GC or some other method) and transfer the .DVV to the WiiU via SD with binding to the WiiU serial or MAC address or something?

Never say never.

Tueidj is very clever.
I know, but you'd still need a wii this method.
And how are gc game dumped and verified? Also need a Wii.
Seems a lot of hassle for those few GC games, also make less sense than buying Gamecube VC on Wiiu to be honest.

Though only if tuedj manages to keep anitpiracy going on his app AND releasing it on WiiU.
And if the WiiU can read GC disc out of the box.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know, but you'd still need a wii this method.
And how are gc game dumped and verified? Also need a Wii.
Seems a lot of hassle for those few GC games, also make less sense than buying Gamecube VC on Wiiu to be honest.

Though only if tuedj manages to keep anitpiracy going on his app AND releasing it on WiiU.
And if the WiiU can read GC disc out of the box.

I think the point is to own the discs and have the console (gc/wii capable of ripping) in the first place and to have the luxury of playing them on your current console, if he releases Devo fro WiiU.

This is the point of Devolution, not purely warezing.

If Tueidj removed AP, this wouldn't be an issue, but its not what he wants, so its his app he can do what he wants with it.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think the point is to own the discs and have the console (gc/wii capable of ripping) in the first place and to have the luxury of playing them on your current console, if he releases Devo fro WiiU.

This is the point of Devolution, not purely warezing.

If Tueidj removed AP, this wouldn't be an issue, but its not what he wants, so its his app he can do what he wants with it.
Exactly, but the point of Devolution was also playing your games from an USB medium from Wii, the legal way. Without needing Gc controllers ( not added yet..)
as of right now it only works with GC controllers. It would be awsome if he'd pulled it of in WiiU mode without sacrificing his anti piracy methods.
Though those would make more sense IF nintendo actually released Gc games the next decade.
I still feel devolution was a POC from tueidj. At least it feels like one, especially çause he needs the games himself to keep development going in terms of gamesupport. ( some games are hard to find nowadays...)

Reactions: KiiWii

greenchili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been running some stuff thru 2.6 amd I had two games that were completely freezing up on me not too long into the game. :(

Billy Hatcher and
Big Air Freestyle (or something like that).

I reverted back to 2.2 (last version I had) and Billy Hatcher is working just fine.. Have not text BAF yet.

So I'll probably have to keep it that way and just do a wad install of 2.6 if I decide to start on a two disc game and I get to the second disc.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe nintendo is planning to release gamecube games as virtual console for the wiiU, they are not that big (or at least they are as big as the update), so it isn't a crazy idea that they decided to put some games in a usb drive in wiiU

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Maybe nintendo is planning to release gamecube games as virtual console for the wiiU, they are not that big (or at least they are as big as the update), so it isn't a crazy idea that they decided to put some games in a usb drive in wiiU
Considering that they also have full Wii U games available for download on the Wii U, no, a GC game is not that big at all (especially something like Pac Man Versus which is TINY once it's been trimmed).

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
Considering that they also have full Wii U games available for download on the Wii U, no, a GC game is not that big at all (especially something like Pac Man Versus which is TINY once it's been trimmed).
Then the only thing I'm wondering about is the lack of analog shoulder buttons from the GC controller. There are some games that really will need a remapping, like Mario Sunshine, I guess the analog of the water spray could be remapped to 3 buttons for different levels of spray, but that would kinda suck. Or perhaps, activate it with the R or RZ button and then the r-stick would be the analog. I can't think of a good way to replace those R+L GC buttons.

But yeah, file size should not hamper GC games from being on the e-shop at all. Licensing and analog buttons are what's likely gonna keep many off of there.

Reactions: Maxternal

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been running some stuff thru 2.6 amd I had two games that were completely freezing up on me not too long into the game. :(

Billy Hatcher and
Big Air Freestyle (or something like that).

I reverted back to 2.2 (last version I had) and Billy Hatcher is working just fine.. Have not text BAF yet.

So I'll probably have to keep it that way and just do a wad install of 2.6 if I decide to start on a two disc game and I get to the second disc.

Weird. I tried out Billy Hatcher and I didn't have any problems... when/where did you have your problems?
Though something that sucks, Mario Kart freezes for me now after I hit start on the main menu (I started testing my games and have found a few issues so far on 2.6).

NikoozFreymouz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hello !

I have an issue with DM 2.6, I can't launch several games (with usb loader GX 3.0 1208 and DML Launcher 0.30), like Mario Kart Double Dash. Black screen after the DM logo.

Anybody have had this problem ? If yes, could you send a link to the answer ?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hello !

I have an issue with DM 2.6, I can't launch several games (with usb loader GX 3.0 1208 and DML Launcher 0.30), like Mario Kart Double Dash. Black screen after the DM logo.

One thing that's causing this a lot in 2.5 and 2.6 is having the progressive patch and the pad hook on at the same time. If this is your case, turn one of the two off and see if it fixes it.

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got a question: I'm planning to buy a gamecube controller, and maybe a memory card if the money lets me do it :lol:
I want to play games like paper mario:ttyd, mario sunshine, luigi's mansion, mario kart DD, smash bros meele, nfs most wanted, burnout and some others, i have a old wii with reading DVD drive and modchip (dont know what is, but i think its wiikey 1/2) and i want to know what is best option, burn my games and run with modchip or use DML for compatibility and maybe for use without memory card (NMM).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Disc based games have better compatibility (if your modchip is compatible with GameCube Audio Streaming games).
DIOS MIOS allows both Disc and ISO, but has less compatibility, and NMM is not working for every games.
Devolution allows only ISO (Retail disc is used once to verify the ISO), and has better compatibility. It also has virtual memorycard support (working for all games, as far as I know).

Backups are easier to store and select games to play from a list instead of messing with discs.
You have three different way, it's up to you to decide (and usually, users are using all possible methods at once depending on the game they want to play)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello !

This has to do with the method of extraction you used, look al the DIOSMIOS compatibilty chart.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
This has to do with the method of extraction you used, look al the DIOSMIOS compatibilty chart.
I think I get what you mean but not entirely. My MKDD was ripped via GX and worked until I upgraded to DM2.6 (previously 2.2u2). Now it loads just fine, passes DM splash, goes through the prog.check, enables, Latiku floats around, I see the MKDD main screen, I hit start and bam, freezes. :(
It freezes whether I use GX or DMbooter so I'm not really sure what else I could be missing. I re-ripped it too but it made no difference.
Thoughts??

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think I get what you mean but not entirely. My MKDD was ripped via GX and worked until I upgraded to DM2.6 (previously 2.2u2). Now it loads just fine, passes DM splash, goes through the prog.check, enables, Latiku floats around, I see the MKDD main screen, I hit start and bam, freezes. :(
It freezes whether I use GX or DMbooter so I'm not really sure what else I could be missing. I re-ripped it too but it made no difference.
Thoughts??
Hmm, I'll try myself later...

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thoughts??
Do check if you are forcing progressive mode and have padhook enabled at the same time. It's a known bug, although I think it would make DM crash before getting to the main screen but it's worth checking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning