Hacking Dios mios 2.6 stuck at splash screen

dethallica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am new to these forums, and iI was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I am running a softmodded wii on 4.3u and just recently installed Dios mios 2.6 wad with Multi-mod manager and put Mario kart double dash on my 4gb usb stick with DiskEX. i've already formatted it to FAT32 with 32 clusters, but when I try to load it with usb loader gx(3.0 r1207) the dios mios splash screen comes up and just stays there. i've let it stay there for about 15 minutes, and the splash screen is still there, not going to the game. is there a problem with my usb stick? please help

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't have any error message displayed on that splash screen?

Usually there's an error displayed when DIOS MIOS (Lite) couldn't launch the game, and it's usually because it's trying to load the game from a place where it expect to find it, but it's not present.
For example, if your FAT32 partition is not the very first partition on your USB HDD, the loaders can list the games from all partitions but DM only try to load it from the first one.
I suppose your USBStick has only one partition, so it's not this problem.

Or your config is wrong and DM try to launch from the disc, and there's no GameCube disc in the drive.
(when the configuration is wrong, it skip the ISO and load from disc instead)

And sometime, it just happen to stop on that screen without error displayed.
Just try again

dethallica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's no error message and I've put a gamecube disk in but I still get the same results. I shrunk the iso with dmtools using diskEx. do you think that that's the problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: