dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FabAnroid said:
dudereno said:
FabAnroid said:
According to dingoo-digital-usa on Dingoonity, the a330 will have 64MB of RAM initially, and a 128MB model will come out later. No one there has been able to tell me what this means for emulation though. Like most of you, I'm not too fussed on the new design, so the only reason I'd pick it up would be if it will make SNES games with Mode7 or Super FX stuff more possible. Can anyone here speculate on whether increased RAM would help here, or would it need faster CPU too?
I think mode7 and superFX rely on sheer CPU grunt for a steady framerate. That and very ingenious coding. And even then they are very tricky to emulate "properly". Take all of this with a pinch of salt though, I'm no tech-head. Just my thoughts, after messing about with SNES emulators on numerous different hardware devices over the last few years.

Thanks for that! Will the extra RAM make any difference whatsoever as far as SNES or GBA emulation is concerned, or is it more something that would benefit homebrew games? Should I just get a 320 if all I'm bothered about is emulation?

Cheers for the help, I'm afraid I'm not very technically minded!

I'm sure the extra RAM could be used a swap file/ram disk. Whether this will speed up SNES/GBA is open for debate. I'd wait until the full specs of the 330 are released before making any purchase. What I can tell you is that there's a whole host of emulators that run well on the current 320. Early MAME, Atari ST, NES games run ok. You are never gonna get perfect emulation. Saying that, the 50 quid I spent on the Dingoo was a bargain. I've had many, many hours of enjoyment from it.

Check out the dingoonity forum to see owners feedback regarding emulation. As I have mentioned previously, installing dingux is a must, to open up the true power of the device.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
@Rayder: most of the reports about emulation come from native o/s users. the native emus are outdated. they were released with the system and never updated. there is a much higher compatibility with the dingux emus, also they are updated more often. except for alek (gba/nds homebrew author -- now dingoo dev) there really isn't much going on with the native o/s homebrew scene. with that said, there is an overclocking app. it can make a big difference with the native emulation. it was recently updated to allow for ram overclocking. the only systems i've had problems with are genesis and snes. for some people those are the only two systems they grew up with. thankfully for me i came from the atari 2600/c64 generation. all of the old school stuff works really well, i get my fix in every day. nes does see like the timing is off by a fraction of a second from how i remember games playing on hardware, but all these years of computer emulation might have ruined my memory of the same games.

if you can snag up a dingoo for around $80 USD, it is totally worth it. i played through the bionic commando 99 hack (adds back in the graphics taken out for the US market) and loved every second of it! =)

-another world

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
gibberish said:
Kalisiin said:
I'm just glad I never trusted them with MY money up-front.

Oh be quiet you pitiful troll. People can (and do) get a refund whenever they want it. Now stop going off topic or gtfo.

I have reported this post.
If the Admins of this place be truthful, they have not had any problems with me here in MONTHS...until some folks have started climbing around inside my shorts, just because they got a personal beef with me.

Already I have been unfairly attacked with false allegations, and my attempts to defend myself were deleted, yet the ATTACK was allowed to stay.

And now this.

Either Admins are going to do something about this...or prove what I have said all along, that there seem to be two sets of rules everywhere I go...one for me..and one for everyone else.

It seems perfectly okay, for everyone to take a huge crap all over me and I, apparently, am just supposed to smile and take it...and Heaven help me if I ever try to defend myself or otherwise respond.

And no one ever does anything to take the attack posts down or punish those who make the attacks and goad me into responding.

I'm doing this publicly just to either prove my point, or, for once, get my way and make sure that - if I am not allowed to DEFEND myself against unfair attack...then unfair attack against me ALSO should not be allowed.

I think that is perfectly reasonable.

Let's see what Admin thinks. IN PUBLIC.

I'm tired of enduring unfair treatment.

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think im going to invest in a one of these, il just have to wait and read the reviews on it. it definatly looks like a psp so im not in to the looks of it, but if it performs better then the a320 then il get one. if theres not much difrence i would go for the a320 for the looks
tongue.gif

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
c_house said:
YayMii said:
Aww...I'd rather have one of these.

Good choice, I'm waiting for it too, the boards finally made it to the UK. Now they just have to wait for the cases to start shipping them.

you can get that for $350, or you can get a dingoo for $85... I guess we're talking about two completely different things here.
for $350 you can get a netbook...

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks Atashi and Thaddius...

I also used Atashi's link to put it on my Dngoo last night...
Works well!

And I cut a cheap DSL screen protector to fit and slapped it on my Dingoo's screen... Now it's all ready to go...

mark520

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love my dingoo a320,it is nice and powerful. one dingooA320=many thousand of free game. i will buy new one A330,when it release.
gbasp.gif

=

Grungrun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I will buy my Dingoo a330 today but i can't find any review about the controller...

On this website (Dingoo a330) first controller is free but second is around 16 €...

I think pad isn't important but i don't know...Order it or not ?

Thanks for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun