XP
Country
Colombia
DSAndi said:
Another World said:
KnightFire said:
MiniSD
frown.gif

the dingoo has the same thing, but the slot supports up to 8gb sdhc cards via a miniSD adapter.
PPL did report 16 GB Micro SD cards work too.

i've only heard one person say that so far, this is still news to me. the official spec list says 8 gb. i'd love to try a 16 gb but i don't see myself getting one until they come down to around 15$.

-another world

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Wikipedia says the english official website for the dingoo A330 is http://www.dingoo.hk/en/about.asp
I think the Dingoo team knows what their official website is
tongue.gif
(unless you are implying someone is impersonating them, in which case all the info we got is false?)

edit: the dingoo team just informed us that they do not own dingoo888.cn ... quoting them dingoo888.cn and dingoo.cn is a copy from dingoo888.com,, so dingoo not use dingoo888.com and use this new domain (ie. dingoo.hk)
I also heard of internal issues with their team (arguments, firings...) seems like they are having a hard time...

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Another World said:
DSAndi said:
Another World said:
KnightFire said:

the dingoo has the same thing, but the slot supports up to 8gb sdhc cards via a miniSD adapter.
PPL did report 16 GB Micro SD cards work too.

i've only heard one person say that so far, this is still news to me. the official spec list says 8 gb. i'd love to try a 16 gb but i don't see myself getting one until they come down to around 15$.

-another world
Well i dont own a 16 Gig Micro SD too and to be honest im doin fine with 4 GB one still. I think there arnt higher Mini SD cards then 8 GB, maybe thats the reason.
I beleve if someone says her uses a 16 GB card with a mini SD adapter, then i again i cant proove it.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
Nice, I cant wait to see what's under the A330's hood, I hope its not just a repackaged A320. I will almost definitely be pre-ordering from shoptemp. Although like Opium said I wish they didn't go for the PSP rip off styling. Its just so unnecessary considering the Dingoo has earned itself a nice little reputation on its own merits.

Anyway this little blurb from the box sold me completely.

a330box.png

What other handheld can offer unlimited happiness?
yaypsp.gif

Yo, P1ngy...good to see you!!

I hope the guy who runs Dingoonity has shoved his rotten site so far up where the sun don't shine that he has choked.
Who needs him? We should have a section here.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
thaddius said:
clegion said:
i am still waiting if pandora would finish their project
They're blaming the volcano for their most recent delay.
They will blame anything.

I kept telling folks and no one wanted to hear it.

All that has ever come out of the Pandora people is excuses. One after another.

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kalisiin said:
I hope the guy who runs Dingoonity has shoved his rotten site so far up where the sun don't shine that he has choked.
You got banned from Dingoonity because of your continuous whinging and inability to follow basic instructions. Please don't bring that attitude to this forum. Your last two posts regarding Dingoonity in this thread, illustrate this perfectly.

c_house

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I really hate consoles that try to look like the popular ones! Not giving this a second thought though 'cuz I'm waiting for the Pandora. That volcano delayed the shipment of the system's boards to the UK.

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
What a sad story this is!

Dingoo / Gemei (did we ever actually find out who manufactured the A320?) have failed to grasp the point yet again! The reason the A320 is so popular is because of the support it has had from the community. Alekmaul has done an excellent job of coding new emulators for the native firmware (which dingoo have stolen and preloaded on to the A330 - just look at the product description "SMSGGOO emulator" yeah ok) but the main drive behind this device was Dingux and the amazing work that the community have put into porting software to it.

The very fact that the A330 comes with the emulators created by Alekmaul says to me that the hardware inside it is going to be almost identical to the A320, but probably with just enough changes to make Dingux stop working and seriously depress a lot of the hard working coders to boot!

If they want to create a worthy successor to the A320 they need to do these things at the very least:

Scrap the PSP knock off casing
Scrap the MIPS cpu and move to ARM
Increase the memory to 64MB or more
Get a version of Dingux w/Gmenu2x running on it OUT OF THE BOX
Release the source code to their emulators (like they are legally obliged to do anyway
dry.gif
)

and lastly, STOP MAKING BLOODY HARDWARE REVISIONS. It does nothing but piss people off! There is nothing good so far about the A330, there are hundreds of devices (including the A320) which can do nearly all that this is claiming to be able to do already. Just look at the JXD1000 or the JXD300 for starters. They're all over the place.

Fix up, Dingoo!

edit: I'd like to think this whole shenanigans with lies, false promises and bad decisions can be put down to language barrier problems. Someone with knowledge of this community needs to pay a visit to Room 1109, XinianCenter in Shenzen and speak to them in their native language and try to explain where they are fucking up. If they embraced ARM and the Open Source community right NOW, listened to the community and took on baord our ideas they could be more successful than they ever dreamed possible. Continue the way they are going with pointless incremental improvements and constant stumbling block hardware revisions and they'll have faded into obscurity in less than 3 years time.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kalisiin said:
thaddius said:
clegion said:

I say give one last month to get there act together. If not, report them to the BBB.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Costello said:
Wikipedia says the english official website for the dingoo A330 is http://www.dingoo.hk/en/about.asp
I think the Dingoo team knows what their official website is
tongue.gif
(unless you are implying someone is impersonating them, in which case all the info we got is false?)

edit: the dingoo team just informed us that they do not own dingoo888.cn ... quoting them dingoo888.cn and dingoo.cn is a copy from dingoo888.com,, so dingoo not use dingoo888.com and use this new domain (ie. dingoo.hk)
I also heard of internal issues with their team (arguments, firings...) seems like they are having a hard time...

costello, the whole thing confuses me. from what i recall, dingoo digital, was http://dingoo888.cn/. that is the site of the people who first made the a320. all of the original dingoo systems had "dingoo digital" on the back of them. some wiki sites say dingoo888.cn is the official site, but then again anyone can edit a wiki site. later they took "dingoo digital" off the back of the dingoo and a new site showed up. that site is the dingoo.hk site. that site says "dingoo technologies" on the top.

i wonder if there was a team split? it's not unheard of. money always causes problems =P

QUOTE(DSAndi @ Apr 23 2010, 07:00 AM) Well i dont own a 16 Gig Micro SD too and to be honest im doin fine with 4 GB one still. I think there arnt higher Mini SD cards then 8 GB, maybe thats the reason.
I beleve if someone says her uses a 16 GB card with a mini SD adapter, then i again i cant proove it.

yep, using a mini sd adapter is what i was thinking about when i wrote my reply. miniSD was much to expensive at the time, probably because its an older technology and people are just holding onto hold stock. i use a transcend class6 8gb sdhc card with a miniSD adapter on my dingoo a320. if it supports sdhc, in theory, it should allow up to 32 gb. but the official spec list only says 8gb of expansion by miniSD or sdhc and an adapter card.

i'm not doubting that it won't work, i just would need to try it for myself.

-another world

computarman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been wondering if the Pandora could be complete vaporware to try to kill the open-source scene. A handheld that supposed to be the best open-source handheld ever created that never comes out. While some people buy a Wiz or a Dingoo there seems to be lots of people who say they are not buying anything waiting for the Pandora that will be appearing in the clouds. Prophets of the Pandora are constanly saying Pandora is coming soon so I am not buying anything else.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
dudereno said:
Kalisiin said:
You got banned from Dingoonity because of your continuous whinging and inability to follow basic instructions. Please don't bring that attitude to this forum. Your last two posts regarding Dingoonity in this thread, illustrate this perfectly.

No, I got banned from Dingoonity because the Admin there is a copycat and saw I got banned from the Wiz site. I had done NOTHING to deserve the ban at Dingoonity, hadn't even posted there in DAYS, and, as soon as my ban went up on Wiz, suddenly, after a couple days not posting at Dingoonity, suddenly I was banned.

Why not tell the truth? THAT is the truth, like it or not.

Admin already didn't like me anyway...and copycatted Wiz's ban. Because I HAD been able to post on dingoonity, yet didn't...for a couple daqys before the Wiz incident. then the Wiz thing happened, and next you know, I was banned from Dingoonity...for no damned good reaqson because I did nothing wrong to specifically deserve that ban, and if you want to acknowledge and admit the truth you know I'm right.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
Kalisiin said:
thaddius said:
clegion said:

I say give one last month to get there act together. If not, report them to the BBB.
I'm just glad I never trusted them with MY money up-front. I'd love to have one, but I want a good product delivered in a reasonable amount of time before I would give them dime number one.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Back on topic --

I worry about trying to install Dingux on my Shoptemp Dingoo (in case I brick it) -- the guides I found are only for "non-HK" Dingoos... has anyone tried installing Dingux on their Shoptemp Dingoo?

I'd love to hear if it is the same process / and if it works...

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
Schizoanalysis said:
Back on topic --

I worry about trying to install Dingux on my Shoptemp Dingoo (in case I brick it) -- the guides I found are only for "non-HK" Dingoos... has anyone tried installing Dingux on their Shoptemp Dingoo?

I'd love to hear if it is the same process / and if it works...

I put dingux on my shoptemp dingoo last night. Worked well more or less. I followed the guide here:
http://dingoowiki.com/index.php/Dingux:About

And there's some help here if you need it:
http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-help/d...-and-faq-guide/

-Atashi

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
Kalisiin said:
chartube12 said:
Kalisiin said:
thaddius said:
clegion said:

I'm just glad I never trusted them with MY money up-front.

Oh be quiet you pitiful troll. People can (and do) get a refund whenever they want it. Now stop going off topic or gtfo.

FabAnroid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dudereno said:
FabAnroid said:
According to dingoo-digital-usa on Dingoonity, the a330 will have 64MB of RAM initially, and a 128MB model will come out later. No one there has been able to tell me what this means for emulation though. Like most of you, I'm not too fussed on the new design, so the only reason I'd pick it up would be if it will make SNES games with Mode7 or Super FX stuff more possible. Can anyone here speculate on whether increased RAM would help here, or would it need faster CPU too?
I think mode7 and superFX rely on sheer CPU grunt for a steady framerate. That and very ingenious coding. And even then they are very tricky to emulate "properly". Take all of this with a pinch of salt though, I'm no tech-head. Just my thoughts, after messing about with SNES emulators on numerous different hardware devices over the last few years.

Thanks for that! Will the extra RAM make any difference whatsoever as far as SNES or GBA emulation is concerned, or is it more something that would benefit homebrew games? Should I just get a 320 if all I'm bothered about is emulation?

Cheers for the help, I'm afraid I'm not very technically minded!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those with concerns about the A330 still using miniSD........microSD-to-miniSD adapters are your friends.
wink.gif

I've never actually seen a Dingoo in real life, but from what I've read about it, it sounds like the system I should have bought as a handheld instead of GBA's and DS's. I'm concerned about the reports of slowdown in some of the emu's though. I hope the A330 addresses those issues, then I might consider buying one. Like others have said, gotta wait until they are released and the reviews/comparisons start rolling in. I like the look of the A320 casing design more too, but if the A330 fixes the slowdowns, I can easily ignore aesthetics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: