Dingo?

Aqua1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While I was browsing the Nintendo GBA forums, I stumbled upon this, realized that this also includes emulators and such allowing me to play quite a lot of games.

However, I really don't know much about anything about dingoo's or gemei's. So could someone mind telling me what this is? (I know there are multiple models of dingoo's and gemei, which is is the best and decently priced one?) And where I can purchase one?

alexg1989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly, just get a PSP... lol... you can get a used one of any PSP model cheaper than any of the open source handhelds I've seen, including the Dingoo and it emulates pretty much everything they can, + it can run PS1 games at full-speed and has the added advantage of PSP games. Best of all, its cheaper than all of them. The only thing is you have to mod it which, if you follow Wololo's instructions on their CFW for dummies page, should be a piece of cake. When I finally get a open source handheld, I'll be going for the big one, The Open Pandora... at least when it can finally emulate the N64 at full speed. That's what I really want... I'll give the Dingoo one thing though, and its the reason I almost got one over the DS ( which I later regretted buying) but it plays more video formats than even the PSP

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
At this point in time, it would probably be best to just get a PSP if all you wanted to do was emulate. With the PSP, GBA, SNES, NES, GB/C, and I believe some of the Sega consoles are all emulated at playable speeds, and the N64 emulator also fairs pretty well, too. You can also play PS1 ISO's as well, so there's that too.

And PSP's run pretty cheap nowadays, some you can find for like $50-$60 in good condition (Which IMO isn't that bad)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
While I was browsing the Nintendo GBA forums, I stumbled upon this, realized that this also includes emulators and such allowing me to play quite a lot of games.

However, I really don't know much about anything about dingoo's or gemei's. So could someone mind telling me what this is? (I know there are multiple models of dingoo's and gemei, which is is the best and decently priced one?) And where I can purchase one?
GCW Zero is its spiritual successor in a way, I would have a look at that. It has far superior hardware and can do such things as PSX/N64 emulation.

alexg1989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TC, I recently found out about my dream portable..... Its called the JXD S5110B... its an android game console (also classified as a 'mini-tablet') that runs emulators and the best thing about it is that it runs N64 emulation very well according to everyone I've seen talk about it. http://www.geekgoo.com/jxd-s5110b-android-game-conole-mini-tablet-pc-8gb-p-193.html If it can do that then I'm guessing GBA emulation will be perfect or at least much better than even on the PSP. Its only 90 bucks... The PSP fullfills most of my emulation needs but I'm buying this one just for the n64 emulator, which is what I've wanted for years on a portable.

Aqua1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TC, I recently found out about my dream portable..... Its called the JXD S5110B... its an android game console (also classified as a 'mini-tablet') that runs emulators and the best thing about it is that it runs N64 emulation very well according to everyone I've seen talk about it. http://www.geekgoo.com/jxd-s5110b-android-game-conole-mini-tablet-pc-8gb-p-193.html If it can do that then I'm guessing GBA emulation will be perfect or at least much better than even on the PSP. Its only 90 bucks... The PSP fullfills most of my emulation needs but I'm buying this one just for the n64 emulator, which is what I've wanted for years on a portable.

Go ahead, don't be alarmed if it breaks 3 months later. Or you get a broken product shipped to you. A lot people have experience JXD's faulty products. But they are good, I have to admit.

I'll be waiting for the GCW Zero I guess, any idea when it will be out?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do NOT get the Dingoo a380!!!! You should get a GCW Zero. I will be posting a review on it soon. The a380 reeks of Chinese crap and the Zero is much better and emulates much better. It can emulate GB, GBC, GBA, SNES, NES, and even PlayStation 1 or 2 games. Anything made before the year 2000. plus, its open source so you can put a ton of games and emulators on it.

Trevor Belmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best Dingoo is the original A320.
Dingoo A320's are pretty rare these days and expensive.
(About $180 or so on Amazon.)

However, there is a very nice, cheap alternative which is the Dingoo Digital / Gemei A330 (different names, same product).

I have lots of emu equipped handhelds, including these above mentioned ones and I'm pretty impressed and content with the DD/GA330.

The A330 doesn't have much if any further support right now however, it does support NES, SNES ("Pocket SNES" app is much better than the stock emu), GB/GBC (developer emu app, runs decently enough), GBA, MD/Genesis, CPS-1, CPS-2, NeoGeo Arcade and SMS/GG (another developer app).

For $53.99, you really can't beat that deal as it's a great, little media / game player.

http://boards.dingoonity.org/gemei-a330/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.