Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country
Plus I find it more fun to first try the adventure on my own and then once I'm done I'll use a walkthrough for anything I missed. Granted even WITH a Walkthrough for Digimon you can never be sure you will get the one you want lol. Oh the time's when I tried to get a Greymon and ended up with something like Centarumon =.=

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not quite sure how lol. I might just rewrite the whole thing and reupload it saying its a downloadable version since lets face it images are useless when you wanna just do something fast
Dart6672 and djalmafreestyler

I'll teach you guys a super secret technique. It's called: Save web page. (At the FAQs screen press DOWN, UP, L, L, R, R, Y, X, A, Y CTRL+S)

I personally like these guides. Of course you can't open them in PSP while playing the game (like the text-only), but somehow my readings are much faster and my playing time is more productive. (Also, there's no CTRL+F in PSP.)

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country
Dart6672 and djalmafreestyler

I'll teach you guys a super secret technique. It's called: Save web page. (At the FAQs screen press DOWN, UP, L, L, R, R, Y, X, A, Y CTRL+S)

I personally like these guides. Of course you can't open them in PSP while playing the game (like the text-only), but somehow my readings are much faster and my playing time is more productive. (Also, there's no CTRL+F in PSP.)
Wouldn't that method require me to actually be connected? XD plus now I'll teach you my secret: first you go left then right then climb up jump over the giant ice Frigimon and press Alt+Tab

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wouldn't that method require me to actually be connected? XD plus now I'll teach you my secret: first you go left then right then climb up jump over the giant ice Frigimon and press Alt+Tab
Errrr... No. That's exactly the goal. :wtf:

Save the page, see anytime, connected or not.

(Nice secret, btw.)

Reactions: dimmidice

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you'd have to be connected at the time you save it, but after that the HTML, images and what have you are all saved to your computer.

Reactions: dimmidice

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porky, how's the progress?
I was going to make a Porky Pig joke, but I couldn't figure out how to make it work well in text. Progress is good, we're finishing a few things and then making the separate sub and dub versions. Also finalizing the custom front end we ended up having to make for XDelta.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I was going to make a Porky Pig joke, but I couldn't figure out how to make it work well in text. Progress is good, we're finishing a few things and then making the separate sub and dub versions. Also finalizing the custom front end we ended up having to make for XDelta.

Dub version? You mean that Dukemon VS Gallantmon barnacle?

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dub version? You mean that Dukemon VS Gallantmon barnacle?
Yeah, we're actually going to have to make four versions of the patch. We're making one that's good for people who want things actually translated, and another for people who watch the dubs. But then we have to make two of each of those because some people's ISOs are made from the physical UMD and some are made from the PSN version. Which is why we're making a custom front end for XDelta. You'll tell it where the ISO is, and click a button for dub or sub and it will run a hash check on the ISO and apply the appropriate patch. We're also looking at including some functionality for online updates in case we release a 1.1 version. That probably won't happen, only if we find some major bugs or something post release, or if Romsstar succeeds in adding new Digimon. Since it probably won't be necessary, if we have difficulties getting that working, we may end up deciding not to do it.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yeah, we're actually going to have to make four versions of the patch. We're making one that's good for people who want things actually translated, and another for people who watch the dubs. But then we have to make two of each of those because some people's ISOs are made from the physical UMD and some are made from the PSN version. Which is why we're making a custom front end for XDelta. You'll tell it where the ISO is, and click a button for dub or sub and it will run a hash check on the ISO and apply the appropriate patch. We're also looking at including some functionality for online updates in case we release a 1.1 version. That probably won't happen, only if we find some major bugs or something post release, or if Romsstar succeeds in adding new Digimon. Since it probably won't be necessary, if we have difficulties getting that working, we may end up deciding not to do it.

Adding new Digimons? That's fantastic! Didn't know Romsstar was so good at ASM hacking lol
Ohh and about X>Circle thing, you guys thinking to ASM hack that? (And which one is the Gallantmon/Pepper Breath version lol? Sub or Dub? )
Online updates functionality would be great but don't we need like a fresh ISO of the game to apply the new version of it?

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adding new Digimons? That's fantastic! Didn't know Romsstar was so good at ASM hacking lol
Ohh and about X>Circle thing, you guys thinking to ASM hack that? (And which one is the Gallantmon/Pepper Breath version lol? Sub or Dub? )
Online updates functionality would be great but don't we need like a fresh ISO of the game to apply the new version of it?
In Japanese, the terms are Dukemon and Baby Flame. Rom's been working on adding new Digimon for a long time, and it sort of works now, except that the game crashes if you open the menu, so not that well. You would need a clean ISO, but our program doesn't delete the original, whether or not you keep the unpatched one around is up to you. Presumably you can find or make another the same way you acquired the first one.

We don't play on changing the X/O thing. It's possible to make an ASM hack do that, but we don't want to track down every instance in the game where someone tells you to press circle and change it, and then change it back for the other version of the game. Plus, you can trivially bind the keys however you like if you're using an emulator, which I think most players will at this point. You can also do it on the PSP with certain plugins, but I've never bothered.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
In Japanese, the terms are Dukemon and Baby Flame. Rom's been working on adding new Digimon for a long time, and it sort of works now, except that the game crashes if you open the menu, so not that well. You would need a clean ISO, but our program doesn't delete the original, whether or not you keep the unpatched one around is up to you. Presumably you can find or make another the same way you acquired the first one.

We don't play on changing the X/O thing. It's possible to make an ASM hack do that, but we don't want to track down every instance in the game where someone tells you to press circle and change it, and then change it back for the other version of the game. Plus, you can trivially bind the keys however you like if you're using an emulator, which I think most players will at this point. You can also do it on the PSP with certain plugins, but I've never bothered.

Nah, i got used with circle being circle on screen so i won't change that, was just curious if you people planed it or not.
And cool, hope he makes the new digimons ASM hack to work. Btw, if he does succeed does that mean that you're gonna add the Decode digimons?
In Japanese, the terms are Dukemon and Baby Flame < Meaning what version is gonna be Gallantmon/Pepper Breath?

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, i got used with circle being circle on screen so i won't change that, was just curious if you people planed it or not.
And cool, hope he makes the new digimons ASM hack to work. Btw, if he does succeed does that mean that you're gonna add the Decode digimons?
In Japanese, the terms are Dukemon and Baby Flame < Meaning what version is gonna be Gallantmon/Pepper Breath?
The sub version, the version with Japanese dialogue, will have terms like Dukemon and Baby Flame. The Dub version, which has the changes made when Adventure was localized to the US, will use Gallantmon and Pepper Breath.

If he gets the hack working, so far he has only added BlackWarGreymon, since his sprite and animations are already in the game. Adding more than that would require additional work, probably a lot of it. I wouldn't expect either to ever end up seeing the light of day, since it's just something he fools around with in his spare time.

He's gotten a lot of progress made on his DW1 hacks lately, though. They recently made a breakthrough with the models, and might have a way to alter or make new Digimon eventually. They can already make a lot of interesting changes to the game, like the evolution requirements, dialogue, and the backgrounds. Also everything to do with the RNG, but I know less than nothing about how that works.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
The sub version, the version with Japanese dialogue, will have terms like Dukemon and Baby Flame. The Dub version, which has the changes made when Adventure was localized to the US, will use Gallantmon and Pepper Breath.

If he gets the hack working, so far he has only added BlackWarGreymon, since his sprite and animations are already in the game. Adding more than that would require additional work, probably a lot of it. I wouldn't expect either to ever end up seeing the light of day, since it's just something he fools around with in his spare time.

He's gotten a lot of progress made on his DW1 hacks lately, though. They recently made a breakthrough with the models, and might have a way to alter or make new Digimon eventually. They can already make a lot of interesting changes to the game, like the evolution requirements, dialogue, and the backgrounds. Also everything to do with the RNG, but I know less than nothing about how that works.

Ohh~ neat. Is there a place where he releases the DW1 stuff?

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Not for now. I think we need a new website in the near future to keep track of all of our projects. We have the blog for the current one, and I guess we could continue to use it for Decode, but I really don't like Wordpress.

Ohh, i thought he was uploading the DW1 stuff somewhere. And yeah, would be neat if you guys made an all-together Digimon hax site.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohh, i thought he was uploading the DW1 stuff somewhere. And yeah, would be neat if you guys made an all-together Digimon hax site.
Romsstar and I are both big on not releasing stuff until it's done. The DW1 hack won't be out until they've got it ready, we're also talking about maybe making a new story and stuff for it.

Reactions: Garysia88

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sporky, if romsstar gets all working would there be new custom digimon well not custom but just ones for example you favor?
Or would it just be taken from re code and injected into this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1