Gaming Digimon World Re:Digitize - Anyone making translation?

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For Translators and (Wannabes):

Anyone who is capable of reading and translating Japanese is welcome to write me a PM.
(And I mean not names, and simple stuff like names, katakana and such)
Stuff that will help to translate the story.

I think we should split the script (given we find other translators) and I will also create a wiki where we can add our translations.
thus everyone will have access to everyting.

For the programmers:

-Please write an extractor and inserter for the images otherwise stuff like tutorials and such can't be translated.
- It would be good that you won't have to extract everything first but you open the ARVC0 and you can work with that. Including a Save Function. Would be the most useful thing.
- For the Menu I noticed that the space in the ARVC0 is sometimes not enough. We need a Repointerer. Or is there a workaround I haven't found yet?

For everyone who is trying to help:

While I think that it is good everyone tries to help, if you don't have any coding experience and no translation or language skills, please don't expect that we will take the time and teach you.
It takes way too much and slows down the process a lot. So don't take it the wrong way if I don't answer PMs like that. I just don't have the time.

No good hacker, translator or codes was taught these things. They taught themselves. So my best advice is try to help yourself first (not offensively meant) and then you can come back and see
if what you learned is useful.
-----------------------------
Of course no one has to listen to my crap but hey if you wanna do this right, I think that is the approach we need.
As fullfilling it might be to see English Letters in a Japanese Game, Menu Translations in a RPG are next to pointless without having also translated the rest.

Reactions: 1 person

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just a question, does this tool rebuild the VRAM section as well ?
I finished a repacker, but i did not want a release before i can fully rebuild file table, VRAM and PGD section.
I think the game may crash at some point when you don't rebuild VRAM with the new size.
No, it doesn't edit the WRAM and PGD sections, i didn't get what they really are so i didn't want to change them.
Maybe you'rer right about crashes, but i'm now playing with a repacked file and it didn't freeze. :/

For the programmers:

-Please write an extractor and inserter for the images otherwise stuff like tutorials and such can't be translated.
- It would be good that you won't have to extract everything first but you open the ARVC0 and you can work with that. Including a Save Function. Would be the most useful thing.

- For the Menu I noticed that the space in the ARVC0 is sometimes not enough. We need a Repointerer. Or is there a workaround I haven't found yet?
We didn't fully find the file structure, so we cannot create such a complete editor...
Our tools and editor already repoint the space.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I finished a repacker, but i did not want a release before i can fully rebuild file table, VRAM and PGD section.
I think the game may crash at some point when you don't rebuild VRAM with the new size.
No, it doesn't edit the WRAM and PGD sections, i didn't get what they really are so i didn't want to change them.
Maybe you'rer right about crashes, but i'm now playing with a repacked file and it didn't freeze. :/
Nope it doesn't freeze at all :P
Also i translated some text from the meny and all the main menu text so expect a 0.1 V tonight :P

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg703/scaled.php?server=703&filename=snap001d.png&res=landing

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

For the programmers:

We didn't fully find the file structure, so we cannot create such a complete editor...
Our tools and editor already repoint the space.

I hope that is temporary though? I mean you do intend to find it I guess :)
Ah and nice. Keep going, so will I, then we can make this happen. We don't have to be at the mercy of Localization Companies, we can do that! :)

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'd like to know how long the story/NPC scripts are. You don't want to be like, 'ok translator A gets lines 1-100 and translator B gets lines 101-200', and then find out the story becomes incomprehensible halfway through because translator B has no idea what's going on (that's not even a skill thing, just a cohesion thing).

Crishaan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, no file 15 is the menu. I think.. General stuff. Digimon stats, tamer info, etc.
I too started translating file 15, w/ Google Translator if thats okay. I played digimon before so i know when some translations are wrong.

ShinichiKudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i've been a fan of digimon since i was a kid.me and my friend are a very big fan of the digimon 1 game on ps1.we've play it everyday afer school...to cut the story short.....i really appreciate those people translating this digimon Re digitize....im currently playing it eventhough i cant understand a thing hehe..i wanted to help but i know next to none about japanese language.....i wish to help in any way i can

by the way this might help

http://fa-wiki.com/re-digitize/

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Google Translator is a No-Go. It tends to translate most of it wrong.
From what I've seen even the Menues got translated partly wrong.
For instance it is not "Installation Data" but "Data Install" which is sensewise a bit different.
データインスタル is the original and is romanize dêta insutaru = Data Install..
Not a biggy but for me Details like that matter.
Also some other stuff which I don't want to correct right now.
If we can make it the way it was intended why change it?

Also if you want to keep the spirit of the original, you will need more than Google Translator.
Why? Because Google Translator has no clue what Digimon is.
And because every Japanese word has at least 5 different meanings.

NelsonTiong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm making an account just to thank you guys for actually making a patch for this game. Seriously thank you!
I've been playing this game for 2 days now and I don't know a single thing spoken in-game.
Really looking forward to this translation progress!

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LISTEN UP EVERYONE HERE

DO NOT USE GOOGLE TRANSLATE OR ANY OTHER MACHINE FOR THIS GAME.
IT WONT WORK.
YOU MIGHT THINK ITS THAT EASY BUT IT REALLY ISNT.
ONLY PEOPLE WITH JAPANESE KNOWLEDGE SHOULD TRANSLATE.

Otherwise the text really wont make sense.
yeah thanks.
-Ice-

Reactions: 2 people

Crishaan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LISTEN UP EVERYONE HERE

DO NOT USE GOOGLE TRANSLATE OR ANY OTHER MACHINE FOR THIS GAME.
IT WONT WORK.
YOU MIGHT THINK ITS THAT EASY BUT IT REALLY ISNT.
ONLY PEOPLE WITH JAPANESE KNOWLEDGE SHOULD TRANSLATE.

Otherwise the text really wont make sense.
yeah thanks.
-Ice-

Then i guess i'll leave the original translating up to you guys then.
I'll just keep on translating w/ google for myself until you guys release a patch.

EDIT: I wasn't going to release my translating, I just wanted to try out and gain some knowledge on how to translate games. :)
Anyways, giving out a patch w/ the translations mostly wrong isn't right, so at least i gave it a shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr