Digimon World: Next Order is getting a localization in 2017

The Digimon series has had a rocky history when it comes to its games getting English translations. But it looks like times have changed, as Bandai Namco has announced that Digimon World: Next Order will be making its way west early 2017, as a digital only title for PS4. According to the company, the localization petition for Digimon Cyber Sleuth, and its later success in western sales is what made Next Order's translation possible.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Before people will cry about the Vita version not being localized, trust me, the vita version is a mess.
Low res textures, poor framerate, bugs everywhere. Trust me you don't want that version.
I want both. I can't take my PS4 outside (and no, remote play is not a solution).

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I want both. I can't take my PS4 outside (and no, remote play is not a solution).
you rally want to spend money on a rushed mess with poor framerate (dipping to single digits) and Textures that are super low res and blurry af.
Riddled with so many bugs that the majority of my playthrough I spent counting them rather than have fun playing the game?
Trust me buying the Vita version of this game is like throwing 40€ into the dumpster.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
you rally want to spend money on a rushed mess with poor framerate (dipping to single digits) and Textures that are super low res and blurry af.
Riddled with so many bugs that the majority of my playthrough I spent counting them rather than have fun playing the game?
Trust me buying the Vita version of this game is like throwing 40€ into the dumpster.
Well if you put it that way..... I already bought Borderlands 2 for Vita.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
it is coming to the vita digitally and PS4 version at retail.

Yep, we're getting Digimon World: Next Order here in the West (Update)

[Update: Bandai Namco is now saying that Digimon World: Next Order will be available digitally on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita next year. There will also be a physical PS4 version at retail.]

Official Press Release

SANTA CLARA, Calif., (September 14, 2016) – BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. the premier publisher of anime videogames today announces Digimon World: Next Order is coming to the Americas for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®Vita computer entertainment systems. Digimon World: Next Order for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita is scheduled to launch in the Americas in early 2017 through the digital PlayStation Stores, and the PlayStation 4 version of the game will also be available at retail stores on the same day.

Last edited by Ryupower,

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope an english 3DS Digimon game is released dosen't look like Re Digitize will have its traslation finished anytime soon...

Last edited by Blue,
Reactions: DarthDub

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Digimon will still be a thing in another 100 years ! it's just awesome and much better than any Pokemon could ever be ! (except for some of the newer series ... excluding Tri)
If you say so...

Apparently. It's got a huge cult following from what I've seen.
Most likely in Japan.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Most likely in Japan.
Nope, all round the world.
It shouldn't come off as a surprise to anybody. Digimon is having a comeback to the western territories.
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth sold well according to Bamco.
Digimon Heroes was celebrating 3 Million downloads not long ago.
Digimon World Next 0rder was announced for western release like 2 days ago.
And yesterday we even had a Digimon Movie in some US theaters.

Certainly doesn't look like a dead franchise to me.

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Nope, all round the world.
It shouldn't come off as a surprise to anybody. Digimon is having a comeback to the western territories.
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth sold well according to Bamco.
Digimon Heroes was celebrating 3 Million downloads not long ago.
Digimon World Next 0rder was announced for western release like 2 days ago.
And yesterday we even had a Digimon Movie in some US theaters.

Certainly doesn't look like a dead franchise to me.

Must be a niche market, then, since I haven't seen news of any of these occurrences anywhere.

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't make sense that they only have a ps4 version of the game. They already have this as a vita version so why would they shoot themselves in the foot this time around. They saw the demand for vita in cyber sleuth, but then somehow forgot that we exist. Bamco..why do you do this.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It doesn't make sense that they only have a ps4 version of the game. They already have this as a vita version so why would they shoot themselves in the foot this time around. They saw the demand for vita in cyber sleuth, but then somehow forgot that we exist. Bamco..why do you do this.
They also saw that the vita version was a mess becaus eBamco Japan screwed up and decided their Reputation with Digimon fans in the west was too fragile for this.

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They also saw that the vita version was a mess becaus eBamco Japan screwed up and decided their Reputation with Digimon fans in the west was too fragile for this.

They probably saw that coming. If they had released a terrible version on the vita, I don't think they would here the end of it. But even so, they could port the new ps4 version to the vita so that it isn't a mess. Maybe they will still do that, just not right away, or after the ps4 sells. I hope, I hope a lot, and lot of the times I hope, nothing happens...so much for hope.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They probably saw that coming. If they had released a terrible version on the vita, I don't think they would here the end of it. But even so, they could port the new ps4 version to the vita so that it isn't a mess. Maybe they will still do that, just not right away, or after the ps4 sells. I hope, I hope a lot, and lot of the times I hope, nothing happens...so much for hope.
*hands over crest of hope*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: