Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,590,976
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I already said i'd be happy to ensure people can jump in and help, i've done it before too. My DM's are open

As for the ones who keep talking about how "we may as well release it"

Our project leader doesn't want to release anything that isn't the final copy and none of us care about your dirty internet opinions
I will continue to meme every single one of you who tries to think they can start a revolution, this is a dictatorship, not a democracy.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
@Black-Ice Oi Cat, any progress
I already said i'd be happy to ensure people can jump in and help, i've done it before too. My DM's are open

Our project leader doesn't want to release anything that isn't the final copy and none of us care about your dirty internet opinions
I will continue to meme every single one of you who tries to think they can start a revolution, this is a dictatorship, not a democracy.
Unrelated to what's happening, Cat boy, how's the status? Anything new?

Black-Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Not much new so far, or at all for a while because all our active translators got whisked away with irl issues
This has happened like 4 times now unfortunately

Reactions: Skelletonike

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Not much new so far, or at all for a while because all our active translators got whisked away with irl issues
This has happened like 4 times now unfortunately
Ohh that's too bad, life sure does sucks sometimes (or most of the times).
And at first i thought you said that they " whiskey-d " ..... mmmm.... whiskey....

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
that's just yugix being illogical. better to release an unfinished version than to keep stringing people along pretending it'l ever actually get finished. not only can people play the unfinished version, others might use it to continue the translation.
indeed, it's his call. but it's perfectly fine for people to ask for it. also you say you don't mind waiting but you realize there's been no progress for months right? to me it just seems like yugix can't handle managing a team and the project would be better served by him handing the project over to the community. or to rommstar IF he wants it (and tbh i think they're pretty busy with other projects).

@dimmidice, I don't want to deliver incomplete project. While it maybe true that I can't manage a team for this project, I haven't neglected this project till the time that we got "ZERO" translator in our team (either they quit without any word or said they are busy IRL, and this project is for free, I can't pay them to stay and neglect their real life). I even posted multi-times that I'm looking for translators but most PMs came from people who are just learning Japanese or wanting patch.

So, if you think you can do the translation in better way, please send me PM and I will gladly send the latest changes to you.

Hopefully there will be good news by the next week. I just hope so :P

Black-Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that's a bit of an arrogant thing to say tbh. you're not a forum moderator. what were you going to do? give him a stern talking to?
Stern talking to, I could actively stop helping out with the project, I dunno I have more power than you think.

Or I could be bluffing

Who knows ? :)

Reactions: Skelletonike

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@dimmidice, I don't want to deliver incomplete project. While it maybe true that I can't manage a team for this project, I haven't neglected this project till the time that we got "ZERO" translator in our team (either they quit without any word or said they are busy IRL, and this project is for free, I can't pay them to stay and neglect their real life). I even posted multi-times that I'm looking for translators but most PMs came from people who are just learning Japanese or wanting patch.

So, if you think you can do the translation in better way, please send me PM and I will gladly send the latest changes to you.

Hopefully there will be good news by the next week. I just hope so :P

You already got an offer of help from Romsstar, he's a pro and could probably finish this project up in a couple of months, so what's happening with that? Is that the good news you're hoping for? lol.

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Man why we gotta be fighting amongst ourselves just because the patch isn't done yet? These things take time, and most of the people working on this don't have much of that themselves to devote to the project. Real life gets in the way, and unless you want people to never sleep and use all their free time on a fan project they'll never get reimbursed for solely so you can play a game in English (that's honestly not that hard to play through in Japanese if you want to play it that badly), patience is required.

In addition, it's not helpful to post things saying yugix should do this and do that and stuff that goes against what he's said before like he won't see it (cause he will). That's just causing unnecessary drama. Romsstar offered to help, and judging by the quality of the Re:digitize translation, that's quite the boon we have on our side now. It'll be done eventually. Just be patient and please, no backseat project managing.

D

Deleted User

Hey guys, this is my first time on here with an account but I've been following this thread for about a year or two and have been eagerly awaiting this translation. Despite my eagerness I would just like to thank anyone and everyone involved in this translation for your hard work over all these years, I can understand how difficult it can be and how long it can take to achieve this, especially with all of the complaints and arguments i've read on this thread.

So to conclude, I'd just like to thank everybody working on this translation for giving up their time and effort to bring something to fruition and I can assure you that when this translation is released, many people will be happy with the final result. :)

XDragon2688

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ice, I laughed way harder than I should have at that.

It's times like this it kills me I only know English cause I'd love to help but i'm about as useful as a wet sponge trying to put out a forest fire

Black-Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ice, I laughed way harder than I should have at that.
;)

It's times like this it kills me I only know English cause I'd love to help but i'm about as useful as a wet sponge trying to put out a forest fire
You and me both, I'm useful for everything that isn't the translation and insertion of text itself, which is basically everything left

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb