Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,590,182
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well Minus the... How should I put this?... "Translation errors"... Any progress made since the last "update"? Have you decided on the things in the Poll yet?

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well Minus the... How should I put this?... "Translation errors"... Any progress made since the last "update"? Have you decided on the things in the Poll yet?
When there is significant progress that deserves a mention on the thread, yugix do update. Ja?
:moogle:

I know, my post was a bump in disguise.... XD

Like this one.....

SarahBrown

Trophies
XP
I too was wondering about some of the "colorful language" in the game. I'd prefer it if the curse words were changed (d* to darn, s* to shoot or something like that, etc), but I know it's everyone's translation, not just mine (for now; Muhahahaha...!)

I can't wait for the translation to compare what I've translated with what was actually said. Ganbattene~!

TMS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japanese doesn't really have swear words the way English does. If someone is translating a Japanese word as the F word they're going a little overboard. "Damn" and "hell" are about as bad as it needs to get. Now there was that one poster in Diablomon's Revenge with the F word on it in English...

noddalives

Trophies
XP
Country
From what I noticed when I was in japan(mind you I was in high school so its a good 5 years now), the swearing I could hear was english and it was mainly the teenagers :s

Also, please dont bug me to translate. I can tell you what stuff means but I'm terrible with phrasing because I'm so out of practice ><

It's the tense's that get me.

toric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to this site but i read through all the posts!!! I am a HUGE digimon fan and i have been searching everywhere for a patched or english translated version of lost evolutions. i tired playing it but couldnt understand it. i also tried translating it by searching for japanese to english translators but i could only find eng. to jap. translations. I appreciate you guys trying to translate this game and i hope i can help. I'm looking forward to playing the patched version.

btw...does anyone know of a english patch for xros wars red and/or blue or do i have to play them in japanese as well?

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am new to this site but i read through all the posts!!! I am a HUGE digimon fan and i have been searching everywhere for a patched or english translated version of lost evolutions. i tired playing it but couldnt understand it. i also tried translating it by searching for japanese to english translators but i could only find eng. to jap. translations. I appreciate you guys trying to translate this game and i hope i can help. I'm looking forward to playing the patched version.

btw...does anyone know of a english patch for xros wars red and/or blue or do i have to play them in japanese as well?
Currently xros wars is only Japanese. Maybe when this is finished and everyones had a while to rest up. A xros wars patch could be considered.
As for helping, do you understand Japanese or any of the ethics of hacking? If the answer is yes, Contact Yugix.
If not, just wait patiently and support the team. :)

toric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k thanks! i wish some one would realize that there are a lot of people that would enjoy an english version of most of the japanese digimon games and create an english version instead of us having to create a patch.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
k thanks! i wish some one would realize that there are a lot of people that would enjoy an english version of most of the japanese digimon games and create an english version instead of us having to create a patch.
Time, money and resources. Mostly money
I know that capcom didnt give Ace Attorney Investigations 2 an international release because they assumed they wouldn't make a suitable profit.
I also know that digimon isn't nearly as big here as it is in japan. So obviously most of their focus will be with the biggest fanbase.

Reactions: 2 people

deneric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can You Please STOP Pressing Yugix and his Translation Team,the Game will be Translated when they Think they are Ready and in the Meantime go Play Digimon World Dawn or Dusk,Deneric
Alright guys, time to kick it into over drive; I leave for a flight at 8:30am tomorrow morning, and I wanna play some digimon along the way. You see where I'm going with this?

GO GO GO!

(Jay Kay)

see this is what i mean go look up patients is a virtue. on google, if you can wait go play another digimon game like Dan Kuso said just be thankfull that some one is taking time out of there lives to do this for other people. so ungrateful noobs.

Lol oh I'm sorry, I was totally kidding, I totally understand how long one of these projects can take (well, not totally, but enough to know that "by tomorrow morning" is a bit unlikely) and just wanted to poke fun at people who get impatient or unrealistic ;P

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I Suggested Yugix to Translate Super Xros Wars:Blue and Red and he took it nicely

Reactions: 1 person

JoshuaCastellano

Trophies
XP
Hey, I thought I'd just post and say that I support and appreaciate the work you guys are putting into this translation. ^^ Looking forward to playing again and actually knowing what my characters are saying!

It's funny to see all the posts people make that are easy to find the answer to in the first post...Well, rather annoying too - but still funny. ^^ What do you guys think is the most asked fail-question?

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I thought I'd just post and say that I support and appreaciate the work you guys are putting into this translation. ^^ Looking forward to playing again and actually knowing what my characters are saying!

It's funny to see all the posts people make that are easy to find the answer to in the first post...Well, rather annoying too - but still funny. ^^ What do you guys think is the most asked fail-question?
something something something patch something something impatient something something bawww

or something like that

Reactions: 2 people

noddalives

Trophies
XP
Country

something something something patch something something impatient something something bawww

or something like that

yeah that sounds dead on XD

spikess8787

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys I firstly want to say to the people working on this project you guys are my heros :P, iv been looking for a patch for this for a while but could never find one and about like a year ago, i saw ur post and how you guys are working on this project and i have been patiantly waiting for the patch (tbh i only made an account here just incase i needed to post somthing on this thread well technicly the previous thread lol), and because iv been busy for a 2 weeks with school and stuff i havent been able to keep up with what was going on with this patch, so i read every page that i missed from the previous thread and every page from this thread and it was well worth my time because i know exatcly whats been going on now. the point is to the people who keep posting questions and stuff, just take the take the time out of your day to read the previous pages in this thread before posting some questions that you will find the answer for on the first page i mean its not like its 50+ pages now, its just 9 -.- (might i add i read all the pages from the previous thread :P lol and i hate reading but when im into somthing im waiting for or just like i will find out every detail about it), sorry for my little rant here guys but i think i made a pre valid point lol, but on a more possitive note thanks too all the people working on the project, keep doing what ur doing and cant wait for the patch :)

takuyayagami

Trophies
XP
Country
Well if you guys know who's AODigimon from Youtube he seems very interested in this project :) I told him and he's happy that there doing this english patch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s