Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,590,778
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

Raikaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if there's anyone still working on it, if it was that close to being done.
But.... This question is asked like... Every month. People don't even need to read all 105 pages of comments. Just scroll up a bit and read like... 2 comments. Problem solved... For this month. We need a "Days Without People Asking About Progress" sign.

urr88

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I hope my account won't be deleted after this buuuuutttt, there was an english translation of the game available some years back. I finished the game and some time later my HDD got formatted so I lost the file. It was something like lo5t 3volution.
Thing is it seems that it disappear from existence, not even a mention of it on line or on any other forums, plus megaupload seems to have erased any trace of it.

Seth_Phoenix2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope my account won't be deleted after this buuuuutttt, there was an english translation of the game available some years back. I finished the game and some time later my HDD got formatted so I lost the file. It was something like lo5t 3volution.
Thing is it seems that it disappear from existence, not even a mention of it on line or on any other forums, plus megaupload seems to have erased any trace of it.
The same thing happened to a translation of Luminous Arc 3. There's one being worked on now, but there was another in the past. I was never able to download it (not the complete one at least, I got a very broken early translation), but there's no longer any evidence of it's existence beyond a few videos.

Smittles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

Another update from Romsstar yesterday if you're interested. It was kind of what I was expecting given how quiet it has been on their side so I had assumed real life was getting in the way which appears to be true.

"Hello Tamers!

I'd like to point out the most obvious first: No, we're not dead, yes our projects are still ongoing.

Private circumstances currently prohibit us from working on this as much as we'd like though.

Which doesn't mean there hasn't been any progress.
But things are a little bit slow and there is not much else I can tell you at this moment.

I apologize to anyone waiting out there. It's gonna get there eventually.

Best,

Romsstar"

Smittles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, just to resurrect the thread and notify you all that there have been several new posts on Operation Decoded's Facebook page, one of which does contain some Lost Evolution information. There was a lot of text and most of it is obviously relating to the main project but I'll copy the stuff that's relevant to us!

"Lost Evolution:
We get questions about this one a lot and unfortunately since I'm not fully involved with Lost Evolution there is only limited information I can provide on this one.

Lost Evolution relies heavily on graphics, which luckily, most are done.

I estimate the main story to be done at around 50% but since I'm not the main translator of Lost Evo I can't provide a clear estimate.

We ported things from Dusk and Dawn over to Lost Evo wherever possible.

Once we get more progress done on Decode I can get myself involved more into Lost Evo which should speed up the process tremendously.

Now of course as you all understand this is not our main job, and spare time is limited. We keep working on this whenever we can, sometimes we have more, sometimes we have less time, that's how it goes.

I understand it can be frustrating but I ask for your patience. It will get done eventually."

shadowpikachu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice to see it'll probably speed up.

For those waiting think of it as something that takes more effort because mostly graphics, on the backburner on the side.

Then we'll get main team in there after main project is done then it'll truely 'start' half way done plus.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

Smittles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another update! But it's pretty much the same as before so don't get your hopes up from my first 2 words :P

"For our Lost Evolution Fans: Good news is, it's still alive. Bad news is, our main translator for Lost Evo is rather busy, so it seems there is still quite some stuff left to do here. The graphics are all in, looking good overall, so that's again, good news.
We might be doing a stream of the first two acts of the game, but no promises there yet."

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Pink and Blue = Harley Quinn
Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Another update! But it's pretty much the same as before so don't get your hopes up from my first 2 words :P

"For our Lost Evolution Fans: Good news is, it's still alive. Bad news is, our main translator for Lost Evo is rather busy, so it seems there is still quite some stuff left to do here. The graphics are all in, looking good overall, so that's again, good news.
We might be doing a stream of the first two acts of the game, but no promises there yet."
Sounds gud
tnx

Niizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Its just sad that the main project is a subpar game like Decoded. Lost Evolution is superior in every way. :(

But I'm not bashing anyone, mind you. I just hope the Decoded translation goes smoothly as possible so you guys can work in Lost Evo. :)

Thank you for you guys efforts.

R4ismychildhood

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I am excited to play your translation when it comes out

Smittles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am excited to play your translation when it comes out

First of all. Happy New Year to everybody!
Fingers crossed that 2018 is the year Lost Evolution receives a beautiful translation!

Don't get too excited to play MY translation as there isn't one from me :P
I am just a random guy relaying Operation Decoded's messages from Facebook as they don't update these forums, and they don't update their blog either. The only place they "regularly" update is their facebook page. I will put links below anyway so you can have a look.

https://digimonworldre.wordpress.com/
https://www.facebook.com/OperationDecoded/

Smittles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. It appears there is some good news!
Operation Decoded's latest Facebook post suggests there are some translating issues but their is some progress. I've snipped out the bits relevant to us and Lost Evolution.

"
But let's first start with the good news: We got a new programmer aboard, who is interested not only on helping with Lost Evolution but he also decided to work on Super Xros Wars. While we won't actively participate in the process, we will lend a hand when possible. So expect some news in this regard.

Regarding Lost Evolution: Thanks to the help of our new programmer Kaidou, graphics insertion got A LOT easier for Lost Evo, speeding up the process tremendously.

Unfortunately the translation process is dragging on hard and the translator in charge is not putting in the hours I wish he would. Sorry about that, I'm currently trying to work out a solution.
"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse