Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by yugix, Mar 16, 2012.

?

Which do you prefer for place names?!

1. Stick with Japanese names for all names.

103 vote(s)
    26.4%
  2. Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

287 vote(s)
    73.6%
  1. Greymane

Greymane Lurking gbatemp pony

Jul 7, 2015
    Netherlands
    In your closet, watching you clop
    Re: Digitize Decoded is indeed their main focus, this is just something they picked up along the way as an extra.
    So to everyone just wait and be happy when it gets released, if you truly can't wait for translation patches go learn Japanese and you wont need them.

2. Smittles

Smittles Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2015
    Hey guys. Thought I would do the usual and relay their Facebook activity to you since it all happens over there and not on their blog or on here.

Posted 22hrs ago:
    "UPDATE:
    - We are currently prepairing everything for a Re-Do of our Decode stream, which had some issues last time. Meanwhile we are making great progress on Decode.
    - We will also be holding a similar event for Lost Evolution in the near future. The current estimate lies at around 40% for Lost Evolution, which we currently try to speed up.
    That's all for now folks.
    Romsstar"

3. Mirby

Mirby BDFF Hype~ :3

Feb 9, 2011
    United States
    That One Place
    Thanks for the update Smittles.

Greymane, I'd like to point out that you can also get through the game with minimal Japanese knowledge as well, as I did long ago. So there's that too lol

4. Greymane

Jul 7, 2015
    Netherlands
    True, to bad that i am a person that likes lore even if it is in tiny amounts.

5. Niizzy

Niizzy Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2017
    Brazil
    It is sad that the main focus is Decoded. To be honest, Lost Evolution is superior than Decoded by far.

Well, time to learn Japanese lol

luckymouse0 likes this.
  6. Smittles

Smittles Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2015
    While I FULLY understand this is "non-profit" (besides donations) and Lost Evolution is not even their main project, there is one thing I am slightly disgruntled with:

It was predicted that this translation would be ready by the end of 2016, it wasn't, and that is OKAY, we completely understand and there are no real issues with that.
    My issue lies with the fact that half a year after the predicted release date, there is an announcement to say they estimate FORTY PERCENT of the translation is complete. The prior announced released date and the recent completion announcement are just too far apart (not to mention 40% is probably inflated, the realistic percentage is probably around 30 at best).

Rant over, back to patiently waiting!

Tykysor96, TenmaEd and TreborDeWitt like this.
  7. rexmon1996

rexmon1996 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2013
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    I have been waiting for this since 2012 its never going to come out IMO :(

8. MisterPantsEyes

MisterPantsEyes GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2015
    Gambia, The
    It will come out this year or next year, stop whining.

wakabayashy likes this.
  9. Pablitox

Pablitox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 18, 2011
    United States
    That's plenty of time to learn japanese actually. It'd pay off in the long run (if you ever wanted to play other games).

It'll come soon, best thing to do now is wait.

10. Joltlord

Joltlord Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2010
    United States
    I would love to learn japanese so I could just play all the games that I want, but I wouldn't know where to start as far as what to learn and where to learn it.

11. Greymane

Jul 7, 2015
    Netherlands
    There be a thread somewhere on gbatemp with sources for learning japanese, i myself use japaneseclass.jp .

EDIT: Found it, https://gbatemp.net/threads/learning-japanese-the-nihongo-faq.290986/

Last edited by Greymane, Jul 17, 2017
    luckymouse0, Pablitox and dude1709 like this.
  12. porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne Report-er

Global Moderator
    Jun 8, 2008
    Australia
    This is exactly why I was always against people who beg for percentages. Progress not linear and cannot be used to reliably extrapolate future progress.

Pablitox likes this.
  13. Black-Ice

Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

Oct 31, 2011
    London
    If ya'll spectators really were as dedicated as you say you are when asking for progress and patches, you'd have started learning Japanese when this shit started and you'd have completed the game by now.

Pablitox and Greymane like this.
  14. SilentOne1994

SilentOne1994 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2016
    This is exciting, yet another translation i'm highly anticipating!

15. shadowpikachu

shadowpikachu Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2015
    United States
    Yes, but i'm also dedicated to being lazy and knowing it'll happen eventually anyways.

Patience, i've been checking on and off for years now.

16. Repeat

Repeat Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2017
    United States
    Just wondering if there's anyone still working on it, if it was that close to being done.

17. MisterPantsEyes

MisterPantsEyes GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2015
    Gambia, The
    There's a whole team working on it.

SilentOne1994 likes this.
  18. Raikaru

Raikaru Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2013
    United States
    But.... This question is asked like... Every month. People don't even need to read all 105 pages of comments. Just scroll up a bit and read like... 2 comments. Problem solved... For this month. We need a "Days Without People Asking About Progress" sign.

19. Seth_Phoenix2000

Seth_Phoenix2000 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2017
    Canada
    Pretty excited about this. I eagerly look forward to the completion of the translation and playing it.