Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Coming to NA and EU in 2016 for PS4/Vita

That's right! At this year's Anime Expo, Namco Bandai has announced that Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth will be coming to North America for both PS4 and Vita next year! The first Digimon game since 2008 (If you don't count the fighting game made and released outside of Japan.

:arrow: Namco's Official Twitter

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wasn't saying there shouldn't and won't be a PC port. I just said that Japan doesn't care for PC asa gaming platform so we are not getting PC port from the get go. I would be more surprised if we wouldn't have the PC port after the PS4 & Vita versions launched. Because by then Bamco US and EU had enough time to port it over to PC.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I wasn't saying there shouldn't and won't be a PC port. I just said that Japan doesn't care for PC asa gaming platform so we are not getting PC port from the get go. I would be more surprised if we wouldn't have the PC port after the PS4 & Vita versions launched. Because by then Bamco US and EU had enough time to port it over to PC.
Japan has geared towards smartphone gaming and handheld so even the home consoles are losing their interest there.

animefreak55

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank goodness it wasn't ReDigitize! Those guys worked hard on that game. I'd hate to see another Final Fantasy: Type-0 situation.

True they did, but Decode has a lot more content added into it and a new character. I would have loved to see it. But I think their next project is the 3DS version.

but they coul've released the 3DS version. The translation team didn't worked on that too much.

They worked long and hard for a complete translation. I think they've done good job so far.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
New nintendo 3ds is way better then Psvita
Yeah. that's why Xenoblade Chronicles 3D looks better than on Wii and any Vita game....... oohh wait.

I was starting to forget about this game, that way the pain of not being localized was minimized, but now I'll be in pain for the wait and for decide which version purchase(with additional wallet pain if I go for both). damn.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The 3DS version is their next project. They weren't planning on releasing them at the same time.
Which is what I'm saying! If Bamco would announce a localization of the 3DS game now the translation team wouldn't waste their time and effort on translating the 3DS game.
They can't even copy paste the translation from the PSP version, they have to do everything from scratch.
Localizing the 3DS game wouldn't in any way hurt their efforts with the PSP game.

animefreak55

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is what I'm saying! If Bamco would announce a localization of the 3DS game now the translation team wouldn't waste their time and effort on translating the 3DS game.
They can't even copy paste the translation from the PSP version, they have to do everything from scratch.
Localizing the 3DS game wouldn't in any way hurt their efforts with the PSP game.

Oh ok, I misunderstood. I thought you were saying their hard work wasn't very good. I hope in the near future Namco brings over the 3DS version as well.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know what you want but im telling the truth N3ds is way better than psvita thats why legend of zelda hyrulewarriors is releasing on n3ds.
Or it could be because, you know, it's a Nintendo franchise? I could just assume that you're being sarcastic but I never underestimate the stupidity of random people on the internet.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i dont know what you want but im telling the truth N3ds is way better than psvita thats why legend of zelda hyrulewarriors is releasing on n3ds.
Except, you know, Hyrule Warriors is for O3DS, not N3DS.
Not to mention this proves nothing. The Vita isn't better than N3DS because Dragon Quest Heroes 2 is going to be on Vita and not 3DS. The Vita is better because it has more power, more functions, better input methods and better screen size.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
you only demonstrate your ignorance or the fact that you never have touched a Vita. just a gaze of Freedom Wars, Toukiden, Wipeout 2048 or Killzone Mercenary would suffice to give you convolutions for the graphic quality the Vita can offer.
or if you want to compare side by side compare Sonic all-start racing transformed, Conception II, Rayman Origins, Batman Blackgate.
and the Vita also has some full home console games, no content cut: Borderlands 2, NFS Most Wanted 2012, Resogun, Atelier series, Disgaea 3 and 4, Mortal Kombat 9.

or even better, you say the New 3DS is powerful, good. let's compare the only exclusive game that has ATM. the N3DS version should look better than the Wii version since the Vita is more powerful that the Wii.

gotta love those N64 tier textures.

don't take the fact that the 3DS/N3DS has inferior specs as a way to think is boring because definitely is not, I have had lots of fun with my 3DS as well as with my Vita, but if some game is coming I hope for the Vita because can offer better better looking games.
and don't take it personal. you didn't made the 3DS or get any revenue for the good publicity that gets.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's like comparing gen 7 and gen 8 versions of destiny....better resolution and more detailed textures, in both comparative cases. Over all they are still the same games...well in Destiny's case they are the same game until gen 7's add-on support is dropped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.