Gaming Digimon Story coming to PSVita

GameWinner

Take your heart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Namco Bandai teased a new Digimon game and Jump just revealed the title. Digimon Story is in development for PlayStation Vita and is slated for release in 2015. The game is a training RPG set in the near future and a picture shows the protagonist in the real world with Digimon with him.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/16/digimon-story-evolves-playstation-vita-2015/

Yeeeeeessss....
I can import this without worrying about region locks!

Reactions: porkiewpyne

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I love Digimon games, one of my favourite game is Digimon World 200(3). Hopefully this will get a release out of Japan.

GameWinner

Take your heart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game looks amazing.

5BQVfN2.jpg

xUa3VP8.jpg

iOgLoHX5LnUI5.gif

3VkA5F5.gif

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all the niche games the Vita's getting localized by other groups I can't imagine Namco would really pass on this, especially when they've only got a small foothold in the English Vita market at this point, but I expect to be proven wrong.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a minute... the main character... looks just like the one from Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor.
MIDevilSurvivor_cover.JPG

Versus
image30.png

Only difference is the smile. Otherwise look super similar.

On topic: oh well. Yet another game that I won't be able to play because I don't know Japanese and Digimon games have had a habit lately of not being localized.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are these games good? Ive never played nor watched digimon. I tried once in college and I couldnt make it though the first episode due to the voice acting.

Could this be...the game that makes me buy vita??
Blice, how much of a weeaboo would you classify yourself as? I have a pretty good gauge of some people... but you seem to only stay in the pokemon universe. Pure curiosity thats all.

Wait a minute... the main character... looks just like the one from Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor.

Versus
image30.png

On topic: oh well. Yet another game that I won't be able to play because I don't know Japanese and Digimon games have had a habit lately of not being localized.

You know, I just started persona 3 portable and the main character looks a lot like the Devil Survivor MC too...

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Versus
image30.png

iirc it is the same artists that made DSO characters

GameWinner

Take your heart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are these games good? Ive never played nor watched digimon. I tried once in college and I couldnt make it though the first episode due to the voice acting.

Digimon games are fun. It's no Pokemon but they're still great.
I doubt this one is releasing outside of Japan though since we haven't had a Digimon game since World Championship and that was back in 2008.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blice, how much of a weeaboo would you classify yourself as? I have a pretty good gauge of some people... but you seem to only stay in the pokemon universe. Pure curiosity thats all.

Really low tone, but a big fan in the area's I enjoy.
For example, my love for pokemon but complete lack of interest for any other nintendo franchise.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You know, I just started persona 3 portable and the main character looks a lot like the Devil Survivor MC too...
Some Digimon games are good, some aren't. They range from monster breeder/care simulator like Monster Rancher to Dungeon Crawler to full-fledged RPGs. Well, and fighting and racing games, but let's all forget those. Digimon World was one of my favorite PS1 games. They made a spiritual sequel to it for the PSP, and luckily some good folks here are busy translating it, so I'm excited about their results.

And I only see similar hair color when I look at Persona 3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.