Difficulty telling left from right.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I have no problem with left/right side, even while dealing with other's perspectives, in videogames I have some problems with LT x LB/RT x RB with games that used a blurry font or picture to represent the button, I know where they are, but some games may present it so badly that I have a hard time seeing if it's prompting me to press the shoulder or trigger button.

Reactions: DinohScene

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
years of nintendo and I went to play a Xbox360
"press A" I pressed B
"press y", X was pressed
ARGH WHY THEY DO THAT??>XD
this is totally me with that left right too.
When that slow as funk I can but when that start to be fast it happen I fail.
But only on game, on car navigation I do not have that much issue, I do not say that 100% true but I never failed yet :)
about OP, my sister (older than I (I am 26yo)) still have issue with her left right when we ask for navigation and or in game.

Reactions: Sliter

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Same when I've grown playing genesis/mega drive (A,B,C then X,Y,Z sorted in order from left to right) and started playing SNES games.
also had a mega drive as a kid
when the phisical layout changes, from 4 to 6 buttons there is no issue for me, "my brain" aknolodges this is a totally different scheme..
but different controllers using the 4 face buttons in different positions, it's a pain... nintendo vs xbox, never know which ever is...
as for the playstation, different symbols, instad of letters no problem.. the problem is playing the same game in differnt plataforms and the developers changed stuff...

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
by the way a tip they gave me and I could " translate" haha
Try making a R with both rand, the one you see right, is from the right hand
upload_2017-9-21_16-35-13.png

(In Portuguese is doing a d, the right d is the "mão direita" XD really worked with english just changing the letter lol)
exempt for this guy ...
upload_2017-9-21_16-50-38.png
/runs

Last edited by Sliter,

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys have a problem with the directions themselves? Or the words? I know left and right perfectly well in English, but if somebody started yelling at me to look left in Spanish, I wouldn't know what to do.

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is common for people with dyslexia/dyscalculia; odds are if you get left/right confusion, you also tend to flip letters and/or numbers, as well.

It can be a standalone problem, but it's usually paired with dyslexia.

D

Deleted User

This is common for people with dyslexia/dyscalculia; odds are if you get left/right confusion, you also tend to flip letters and/or numbers, as well.

It can be a standalone problem, but it's usually paired with dyslexia.
I don't have dyslexia or dyscalculia, but I do remember confusing letters like b and d for a little while when I was younger. Since attempting to learn Japanese on and off for a little while, I've also had issues with ち and さ.

Reactions: wormdood

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have issues telling left from right with my own hands or a controller. it's when someone is facing me that and telling their left and right that gets confusing. :P

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Never ever ever have a problem with that. It's one of those issues people have that i can't relate to at all. I have a lot of other issues, just not this specific one.

D

Deleted User

I don't have dyslexia or dyscalculia, but I do remember confusing letters like b and d for a little while when I was younger. Since attempting to learn Japanese on and off for a little while, I've also had issues with ち and さ.
I actually just thought about this a bit and I remembered that I was suspected of having dyslexia in 2nd grade. I think I still was having issues with telling b and d apart then, and I actually couldn't really read properly until 2nd grade.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
i only get confused in mirrors . . . for some reason my brain cant properly translate the flop :wacko:

Have you ever tried a double mirror or getting a webcam to mirror its output?
Could be fun for you.

thats exactly what i meant . . . the time i attempted to give myself an "edge up" . . .let me tell you, it was difficult enough to shave my own face in the mirror, but when i added a second one to get the back of my head
images
I knew I wasn't the only one. I personally use the double mirror trick in my bathroom when I shave.

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a problem I can say I've had, other then when I was a small child. I was told the hand that made an L was the left hand, but for the longest time I thought "L" was a backwards L.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.