rsx19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got both but

what are the disadvantages or advantages

trimmed u cant play wifi but clean u can?

septimus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have read here and there of issues with trimmed ROMs not playing or freezing up etc however these were probably issues with the flash memory the ROM file was used with. Using trimmed ROMs is the only way to fly
happy.gif

arman68

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Armenia
Trimming is the way to go. You'll be able to fit more games on the cart. I have yet to come across one that did not work. But I guess it could happen, in case of bad trimming; if it does, I'll just make a note of it, and use the original version instead.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the rom, could trim a 128MB rom down to 68MB if the developers went just over the 64 mark, or could trim a 128MB rom down to 126 if they filled the whole thing up. It really varies, there is no average or anything.

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the rom, could trim a 128MB rom down to 68MB if the developers went just over the 64 mark, or could trim a 128MB rom down to 126 if they filled the whole thing up. It really varies, there is no average or anything.

Oh, ok. Well then I guess I should start trimming my roms then lol

Bucknaykid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I trimmed Mario Kart on three of my kids DS's and the mulitplayer refused to recognize the other players for a multiplayer game. After I changed all the Roms to their full versions (untrimmed), the multiplayer worked and recognized the other players. I have yet to try it with other roms.

arman68

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Armenia
I trimmed Mario Kart on three of my kids DS's and the mulitplayer refused to recognize the other players for a multiplayer game. After I changed all the Roms to their full versions (untrimmed), the multiplayer worked and recognized the other players. I have yet to try it with other roms.

What did you use to trim? I use DS-X Manager to trim mine, and it works fine.

poloman

Trophies
XP
Country
me too - dsx trimmer and mkds worked a treat - so did all my other mp games (inc download play tetris which i was pleased about)

Ryoku

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes trimming is not necessary. For example, I started trimming my games after finding out about it and a few of them only lost a MB or two. So I just deleted the trimmed version and used the original.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol