Hardware Different Panels?

ehnoah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I read a lot of times now that the Switch has TN and IPS Pannel is it really happen again like 3DS XL?

or this are just "Rumors"?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
how is it cost effective to produce the 2 types of screens?
i know nintendo would just go for the cheaper one cuz you know..
or is "the first batches are teh good screens, so people think it looks good, and then we can sell the cheap ass ones"

or.. they have several factories wich some factories can get better deals on one type or another screen?

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Afaik this has already been denialed, but I'm not really that sure. There is no real confirmation btw.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how is it cost effective to produce the 2 types of screens?
There are very few panel manufacturers these days, and many panels use the same or can be made to use the same outputs/inputs. To that end it could well be they wanted so many screens of a given size, resolution, attachment method, input and so forth and gone and tapped a bunch of sources to make it happen. If their approach to dead pixels is what it is then that might also speak to them doing things somewhat on the cheap.

D

Deleted User

modern tn's are pretty good... I compared my 3ds with double tn with my friend's ips screen on his 3ds, and even after a few weeks of using his 3ds full time (we switched for.. reasons...) I couldnt find the huge diffrence others report. only feeling a little tiny difference in battery life...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all