Gaming Difference between JP and US FireEmblem Fates?

the3dsguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After reading the preview from gametrailers it seems like the US release will be broken up into 4 separate games.

1. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  2. Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
  3. Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition
  4. Fire Emblem Fates: Revelatio
So whats the difference between the JP version. is the JP version an all in one games. Also does the 3.0 translation finished. IS everything translated? If so i might just buy the JP version instead.

I feel like 90 dollars is a rip off to buy 3 separate games. Also do I need to play the previous fire emblem to understand this one?

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is set in a new universe. But some characters from the previous 3DS game will be available through some means (the explanation will probably be some space-time rift).
The US will sell the game in the same manner as Japan: the two "starter" versions have both a dedicated cartridge and are both available as DLC for players who purchased the other game (for half-price in this specific case). The third "path" or scenario will be sold exclusively through the e-shop

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

t is set in a new universe. But some characters from the previous 3DS game will be available through some means (the explanation will probably be some space-time rift).
The known differences are:
- game and characters names,
- softening/replacement of the polemic "anti-homosexual" dialogues,
- removal of the characters "touching" feature (read recent news).
The US will sell the game in the same manner as Japan: the two "starter" versions have both a dedicated cartridge and are both available as DLC for players who purchased the other game (for half-price in this specific case). The third "path" or scenario, "Revelations" will be sold exclusively through the e-shop. BUT there is a "collector" pack who features:
- a gamecard with both standard gàmes (in the USA, it is told it will contains also the third story),
- an e-shop code for the third path (see above, I have been told it will be included in the gamecard for the USA),
- an artbook,
- a "Fire Emblem Zero" cards booster pack (exclusive to Japan).

The g

The game should be cheaper if you opt to purchase a single gamecard and buy the second version and Revelations as DLC rather than the full collector's edition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...