Hardware Did you notice the home button?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Twilight Loz said:
but it would be cool if it used .ISO's. That'll make everyones life easier (referring to anyone who wants to play 3DS ROMS on it)
We were talking about IOSes...unless you knew that and just wanted to point that out anyway.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Edgedancer said:
naruses said:
Yeah, I noticed, it seems we are getting an Wii-like home menu, who knows maybe multitasking or in-game pause.
Or a realtime save, it would be amazing if an in-game menu Ala SC DSTWO.
Real time save would be a feature of a game rather than the system itself as it would remove challenge for a vast number of titles. IMagine a game like Elite Beat Agents having real time save.

The PSP Go has real time save but it's more or less like quick save.

You real time save and it returns you to the menu, then you load it. However once you load it the save is deleted.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nintendo wouldnt be that stupid to release a new game system with a menu like wii, which is very easily hackable since it uses iso's
like alot of people mentioned, it could be like the psp menu, or something totally different

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
ISO's are the exact same thing as .nds, .gba etc.
They all contain the binary data of the cartridge or disc dump required to play.

I'd also like to mention that the home button may works like any button.
It means nothing about the operating system on the console.

Even if it did, Nintendo have more experience with ios than with something new.

ShadowInferno119

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isabelyes said:
IIRC, the max. size of normal DS games was 2 GB, too.
Nothing to get all fussed about, though the average 3DS game might very well be 256 - 512 MB.

DS games were 2Gb. Big difference. Thats about 512 MB's most games averaged 256 MB at the end of the life cycle

2GB's is 2,048MB's
wink.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
nintendo wouldnt be that stupid to release a new game system with a menu like wii, which is very easily hackable since it uses iso's
like alot of people mentioned, it could be like the psp menu, or something totally different

:|

First of all the Wii uses IOS's not ISO's. Second of all, the Wii using IOS's isn't the only thing that made it easy to hack (god I already mentioned this before on like the first page of this thread). Third of all the PSP's menu was even easier to hack because it had built in support to launch PSP backups, which is what made pirating in a CFW so easy.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Well I hope it'll have a ton of options like restarting and DS menu and game manual (even for cartridge games) and screen brightness, since the volume is a slider again and can't be used to adjust light. I think.

Also I hope the Home Menu is stored in the actual 3DS instead of in the game like with the Wii, that way its interface can be updated like in the xbox.

GentleFist said:
maybe for playing media during gameplay? that would rock
That'd be awesome! Imagine playing the final boss of an RPG hearing Through the Fire and Flames...

EPIC!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.