Did I purchase a lemon?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by savnasty, Oct 13, 2017.

1. savnasty
    OP

savnasty Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2017
    United States
    So I decided to mod my O3DSxl but I don't have another modded console to do the transfer, so I went out and bought a O2ds, it came with 11.3.0-36U installed. There was no SD card, and it was factory restored. Which didnt bother me since I have plenty of SD cards. I attempted to use the guide on 3ds.guide. and kept getting homebrew launched, and Udsploit worked successfully, but I can NOT get safehax to work, if i dont get a black screen i get the "PM init failed" After about 20 attempts I just so happened to hit SELECT while booting on accident and it booted to Luma3ds v6.6. So I am guessing the previous owner modded it. Which I guess solves the initial issue, but now I cant find a guide to update v6.6 all the guides I find are 7.0 or higher. i

I cant get rosalina to open either, and when I press START during boot up nothing happens. I have no icons on my desktop so I attempted to run FBI in home brew, and it states "kernel backdoor not installed. Please run a kernel exploit and try again. But I do not know what that means.

If it matters my SD card is a 16GB, formatted with fat32, and 32KB. I verified this 3 times. Am I screwed, or can I move forward some way, and if so , can someone either guide me or give me a link for a tutorial, because nothing is working for me so far. Thank in advance.

2. Gcentrex

Gcentrex GBAtemp Fan

Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Version 6.6 of luma is very old use 7.05 that's the last version that works on arm9loaderhax (the hack you have installed)

Use the Arm9 to b9s section of the guide to swap over

3. CrimsonMaple

CrimsonMaple EXPLOSION!!~

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hiding from the Axis Cult.
  4. savnasty
    OP

savnasty Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2017
    United States
    I tried following the a9lh to b9s guide and it wont work because the chain loader (pressing START on boot) does nothing, it just boots to the regular menu.

5. Gcentrex

Gcentrex GBAtemp Fan

Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    New York
    If you followed all the steps it would work correctly

6. savnasty
    OP

savnasty Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2017
    United States
    But that is just it, I don't think I have actually done anything, since it was done before I purchased it. and I have no way of knowing if the original owner did it correctly, is there a way i can go back and start over? Since I cant get into the chain-loader?

7. Gcentrex

Gcentrex GBAtemp Fan

Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Give me a few mins and I will put together all the files you need to place onto your SD card to do it

8. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Since you're on A9LH, try putting a Luma 6.6 bin on your SD card and then try it. When it boots from CTRNAND whether you have your SD card in or not it always loads payloads from CTRNAND\rw\luma\payloads.

9. CrimsonMaple

CrimsonMaple EXPLOSION!!~

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hiding from the Axis Cult.
    I would just download the latest version of Luma, and safeb9sinstaller. Put the arm9loaderhax.bin (from safeb9sinstaller) the root of the SD card, and just follow the install boot9strap instructions. (Since this auto boots the installer just skip to part 3 of section 2)

Last edited by CrimsonMaple, Oct 13, 2017
  10. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    What part about this story involves a lemon? :wtf:

11. Gcentrex

Gcentrex GBAtemp Fan

Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    New York
  12. savnasty
    OP

savnasty Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2017
    United States
    This booted into godmode. should I skip to VI?

13. Gcentrex

Gcentrex GBAtemp Fan

Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Seems like your already on b9s then.......

Yeah continue and install the CIA files provided from Rosalina menu to load HBL and FBI provided

14. savnasty
    OP

savnasty Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2017
    United States
    ahh something happened I now have rosalina? and v8.1.1 I don't know, weird??? I'll pick it up again tomorrow, its much to late for me tonight. Thank for the help

15. Gcentrex

Gcentrex GBAtemp Fan

Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    New York
    That's because I included all the current files for your SD card, seems the previous owner installed luma to the systems CTRNAND

When you get change boot Godmode9 and run the setup_ctrnand this will copy the files from your SD card to the internal system

16. Seliph

Seliph Scion of Light/Orphan

Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere in Jugdral
    Would've loved if this thread was about someone buying an actual lemon on accident.

proflayton123, Uumas and Quantumcat like this.